### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You can’t compare to the two not even close.  Dalton had ZERO pressure while Sam was pressure all game

The Bengals are a terrible team across the board. Had they lost, Dalton would have been 'not the problem.' If you want to gush about how Darnold supposedly shows flashes of being special, you can just shut up and take it when he fails to even show flashes of game manager.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Bart and Ray ripping Gase a new azzhole for his play calling.  Seems we’re stuck with Gase and his high flying offense.  Don’t really see things getting better anytime soon. Gase’s philosophy is to throw throw throw throw. At this point, I’d bring Rex’s ground and pound back. 

They would have preferred more of Leveon Bell getting 2.3 ypc?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Never said that. Did I say Darnold had a good game? No.  But when you get zero protection and your receivers drop first down/touchdowns there isn’t much you can do 

I'm not going to argue with someone in fantasy land whose going to buttfumble every post.

Believe what you like.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Bart and Ray ripping Gase a new azzhole for his play calling.  Seems we’re stuck with Gase and his high flying offense.  Don’t really see things getting better anytime soon. Gase’s philosophy is to throw throw throw throw. At this point, I’d bring Rex’s ground and pound back. 

The Jets defense couldnt get off the field till like mid way through the 3rd qtr. They had no choice but to pass. The Jets got killed by penalties, field position, 3rd down defense. Dalton's a professional QB who can set protections and make throws. Add on the fact they were home and due- it's not exactly shocking. Darnold needs to put up mor than 6 points on 5 YPC.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The Bengals are a terrible team across the board. Had they lost, Dalton would have been 'not the problem.' If you want to gush about how Darnold supposedly shows flashes of being special, you can just shut up and take it when he fails to even show flashes of game manager.

22 year old can’t carry one of the worst rosters in the NFL EVERY WEEK.  You do realize that?...he did for 4 weeks this season.  His record is 4-5 this year.

Will you agree the Jets have one of the Bottom 3 rosters in the league?

Will you agree that the Jet OL is the Worst in the league?  Do you realize that an OL is supposed to give the QB the time to even make a play? And when it doesn’t, an entire game, that even Johnny Unitas gets shut out

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean the move may have been benching Leveon early for Powell and just running down hill. 

True, but it would appear that Leveon Bell is the last piece of scotch tape holding the locker room together. Benching him would invite mutiny, I’d imagine 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They would have preferred more of Leveon Bell getting 2.3 ypc?

Their point was you have to try and establish the run to open up the pass game even if it’s just 2.3 per attempt. They make a good point in that the Bengals are the worst run defense in the league and we have one of the best backs in the NFL,  and are underusing him. They blatantly pointed out Gase’s philosophy that he just throws way too much and doesn’t feature a running back in his offense. What’s the point in keeping Bell then. Either way, with such a putrid OL, the run or pass approach is equally mediocre. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

When your Oline looks like a swinging gate , it doesn't matter what you call on offense. 

I agree 

but (lol)

wouldnt some screens, draws, reverses, sweeps help?

he was running at Atkins then calling deep drops on 3rd and long 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

22 year old can’t carry one of the worst rosters in the NFL EVERY WEEK.  You do realize that?...he did for 4 weeks this season.  His record is 4-5 this year.

Will you agree that the Jet OL is the Worst in the league?  Do you realize that an OL is supposed to give the QB the time to even make a play? And when it doesn’t, an entire game, that even Johnny Unitas gets shut out

Great Post.  Unfortunately that dude doesn’t know how football works lol

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

We lose to an 0-11 team and your takeaway from this is that Sam Darnold is six points better than Johnny Unitas. Sounds about right.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Larz said:

I agree 

but (lol)

wouldnt some screens, draws, reverses, sweeps help?

he was running at Atkins then calling deep drops on 3rd and long 

They did hit a few of those - but the big money must have been on the Jets this week - some very shady penalty calls in that game.  The NFL is really starting to bury itself , maybe this year they'll kill off the heel (Brady) in favor of the up and coming wonder boy (L Jax) , they are really just one step away from WWE .

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

They did hit a few of those - but the big money must have been on the Jets this week - some very shady penalty calls in that game.  The NFL is really starting to bury itself , maybe this year they'll kill off the heel (Brady) in favor of the up and coming wonder boy (L Jax) , they are really just one step away from WWE .

Yeah the oline was really upset about a few calls don’t see them get animated often 

• Upvote 1

I don’t know how many holding penalties we had but I know off the top of my head where one negated the screen pass to Powell to the Bengals red zone and killed the drive, other took back the big run by Bell that killed the drive, the one the resulted in a safety and good field position for the Bengals and 5 points for them, and 2 on one drive in the 2nd possession in the 4th quarter. It’s almost impossible to keep any rhythm going and be successful when you have that many bad penalties at crucial times during a possession.

18 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Their point was you have to try and establish the run to open up the pass game even if it’s just 2.3 per attempt. They make a good point in that the Bengals are the worst run defense in the league and we have one of the best backs in the NFL,  and are underusing him. They blatantly pointed out Gase’s philosophy that he just throws way too much and doesn’t feature a running back in his offense. What’s the point in keeping Bell then. Either way, with such a putrid OL, the run or pass approach is equally mediocre. 

Bell hasn’t been the “difference maker” that everyone hoped he would be.

You’d expect that when Darnold went down with the mono, that everything would go through Bell. But it didn’t and it hasn’t thanks to a putrid OLine. So what’s more important, an OLine or a RB? Yes this is like the chicken or the egg thing.

In conclusion, we’ve lost with him on our roster and we could of lose just as many games  without him on our roster. He’s a luxury.

I would trade Bell for a sound 2nd round pick come this off season. ( please let there be a team stupid enough to do so!)

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Yeah the oline was really upset about a few calls don’t see them get animated often 

On top of that the combo of CBS or Archie and Spiro were way late picking up penalties . The play would be over and then they would say oh there's a flag - at least live at the games you can spot those yourself.

And is is just me, but - I cannot stand Archuletta - he's kind of football smart but in a smarmy kind of way.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We don't have the backs or the line to run. run, run.  

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Not sure if your trying to be funny - but if you are .........  it's not working .

Of course this is funny. I don't understand why so many of you still don't get that a lot of the fun in rooting for the Jets comes from laughing at the Jets. Try it. It can't be worse than this mass dissociation thing that always happens after foreseeable catastrophes.

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Of course this is funny. I don't understand why so many of you still don't get that a lot of the fun in rooting for the Jets comes from laughing at the Jets. Try it. It can't be worse than this mass dissociation thing that always happens after foreseeable catastrophes.

No - your not hearing what  I'm saying - I  know full well what your doing - but your still not funny.