Jump to content
Maxman

### Jets \ Bengals -- The Official Game Thread ###

Recommended Posts

Lots of blame to go around...I'll just name two with the first going back to last week.  The Raiders dropped a lot of passes last week...Jets were lucky in that regard.  Two, DC Williams is now 1-4 against an Andy Dalton led offense.  The bottom line and a lot of fans (especially the younger fans), it's the SOJ...they have a history of losing games like this.

And that’s the overwhelming arc of the story that so many wish to overlook. This is quite simply a game that all seasoned Jets fans saw coming a mile away.
Sure we rooted and sure we hoped but from the first Leveon Bell drop on play one of the game, most of us knew this one was over.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again.  Facts are hard things.  I don’t think the facts support the idea that Gase is a good offensive coach, let alone great.  Poor game plan out of the blocks ( no outside rushing where others destroyed the Bengals all year) and zero adjustments for the O line or the game plan (like planned roll outs for Darnold to get away from the rush or to improve the rhythm of the O.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Losing to the Dolphins n Bengals who had 0 wins certainly warrants a firing but we already know it ain't happening

I mean the Dolphins and Bengals both decided to play their professional level quarterbacks in the games against the Jets. The Jets on the road are a bad football team. The defense didnt get sacks, create turnovers in either game- which you need when you have to carry a poor offense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, if Sam is any good and deserving of a new contract, he elevates the team next year and it all becomes moot.

🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look up mediocrity in the dictionary, the Jets team pic including coaches, FO and owners is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brutal. Seemed every time we made any progress we got a holding call, backed ourselves up and gave up a sack or had to throw it away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ryu79 said:

Brutal. Seemed every time we made any progress we got a holding call, backed ourselves up and gave up a sack or had to throw it away. 

Agreed.Robby Anderson dropped a TD pass which set the tone. The we had that huge play that was called back.  After that Sam has no time to do anything 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

He's gunna have his mind blown when he gets old enough to see Sam Fuller's The Big Red One.

Hes already seen it. I was 1st ID for 3 years of my time, and he loves it because of me and Mark Hamill. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Classic Jets with the let down game

 

to an 0-7 garbage team

 

Nothing changes with this team ever

0-11. Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes already seen it. Inwas 1st ID for 3 years, and he loves it because of me and Mark Hamill. LOL

Today Gase sucked a big red one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Brutal. Seemed every time we made any progress we got a holding call, backed ourselves up and gave up a sack or had to throw it away. 

Refs just now taking off their brown condoms...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Gruden should be fired for losing to this team 

Raider ownership paid him 100 million so that ain't gonna happen.

But I understand the point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lol son now it’s jamal’s fault


Jamal has solid game: “LOOK AT THIS BEAST PRO BOWL DOMINANT DEFENDER PAY HIM”

Jamal nowhere to be found against 0-11 team: “NOT HIS FAULT LEAVE HIM ALONE”
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRONX DUDE said:

Raider ownership paid him 100 million so that ain't gonna happen.

But I understand the point.

Gase >> Gruden lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There’s recent precedent of the Bengals and Bears offering enormous job security. The Chargers will have a new young QB. The Vikings have one of the best GMs in football. The Steelers are the Steelers. This is where I struggle with this whole line of argument: you agree that the Jets job is bottom-3 in the league, but then claim that somehow it won’t be if we keep Gase another year? I just don’t buy it. If Douglas is as advertised, he should have no problem finding a good coach, regardless of when he starts the search. If he’s not, the job will continue to be a graveyard regardless of when he starts the search. So just fire this dipsh*t now and let’s get going.

Douglas has zero power to fire, nor to hire a coach. The owner does.

you know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There’s recent precedent of the Bengals and Bears offering enormous job security. The Chargers will have a new young QB. The Vikings have one of the best GMs in football. The Steelers are the Steelers. This is where I struggle with this whole line of argument: you agree that the Jets job is bottom-3 in the league, but then claim that somehow it won’t be if we keep Gase another year? I just don’t buy it. If Douglas is as advertised, he should have no problem finding a good coach, regardless of when he starts the search. If he’s not, the job will continue to be a graveyard regardless of when he starts the search. So just fire this dipsh*t now and let’s get going.

I don’t think you can cite the Bears and Bengals job security as a saleable feature that sets those jobs apart from the Jets and in the next sentence advocate for firing the Jets coach after one year, especially considering that the current roster is atrocious tip to stern. This isn’t advocating for Gase, this is accepting the reality of where the franchise is. The team sucks, and the organization sucks. It needs to be built up from the ashes. If Douglas has a unicorn HC prospect in his back pocket whom 1. Isn’t on the short list of the Giants, Cowboys, etc and 2. Will take the job, then I’m all for it. But if you’re firing Gase to end up scrapping for interviews with Mike Pettine, I don’t know if that’s the card I’d play. Douglas has one shot to hire a head coach after he fired Gase. He should fortify the position before putting it on Monster dot com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We need a new OL to elevate Darnold, so he can elevate everyone else. Classic double elevator scenario

you know those guitars that are like double guitars?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


Jamal has solid game: “LOOK AT THIS BEAST PRO BOWL DOMINANT DEFENDER PAY HIM”

Jamal nowhere to be found against 0-11 team: “NOT HIS FAULT LEAVE HIM ALONE”

 

You can’t expect a Defensive Player of the Year finalist to contend against the likes of Andy Dalton and Gardner Minshew 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

People really blaming Darnold for this game? Lol. He didn't play well no doubt but he was the least of our problems today

Good Fair Post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think you can cite the Bears and Bengals job security as a saleable feature that sets those jobs apart from the Jets and in the next sentence advocate for firing the Jets coach after one year, especially considering that the current roster is atrocious tip to stern. This isn’t advocating for Gase, this is accepting the reality of where the franchise is. The team sucks, and the organization sucks. It needs to be built up from the ashes. If Douglas has a unicorn HC prospect in his back pocket whom 1. Isn’t on the short list of the Giants, Cowboys, etc and 2. Will take the job, then I’m all for it. But if you’re firing Gase to end up scrapping for interviews with Mike Pettine, I don’t know if that’s the card I’d play. Douglas has one shot to hire a head coach after he fired Gase. He should fortify the position before putting it on Monster dot com

In before the 2022 'Douglas didn't put Taylor bro #3 in a position to succeed' threads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team was not up - that is for sure - the blame goes to coaching, the play calling was predictable and foolish we didn't roll Sam out enough, all on the coaching, but..

1. We fooled ourselves thinking this team was good as they have played well for the past few weeks. They were never going to playoffs at 0-6 in AFC and they weren't going to beat both Buffalo and Baltimore.

2. Sam has shown the ability to play well (even today) but he has more growing to do (to be fair - this is more on the offense than him today).

3. The O-Line is trash - we knew this.

4. No depth at LB - we knew this.

5. No real pass rush - we knew this.

6. Weak at CBs - we knew this.

7. Weak and inexperienced at WR - we knew this.

I get the frustration; we were on a high and beat some moderate teams; it sucks to loose to a crappy team. It just sucks, but 5 weeks ago, would we have been surprised? Better that we (and the team) don't fool themselves into thinking the Jets were better than we are.

While I want to win every game, this loss doesn't do anything but re-enforce the problems on this team and help us slightly in the draft. This is why I routed for Baltimore last week; Jets weren't going to playoffs, but Ravens and Pats are - I don't think I can take another Pats SB.

While I get the frustration, I don't get the drama all of the drama? Sam sucks, really? Everyone sucks? A bad team with a lot of holes played down and without passion and loss to a worse team - happens all of the time. Yes, I blame Gase for the lack of preparation and the team being flat, but isn't this the guy everyone was calling a genius last week?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

People really blaming Darnold for this game? Lol. He didn't play well no doubt but he was the least of our problems today

Being the least of the Jets' problems is an astonishingly low bar to clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


Jamal has solid game: “LOOK AT THIS BEAST PRO BOWL DOMINANT DEFENDER PAY HIM”

Jamal nowhere to be found against 0-11 team: “NOT HIS FAULT LEAVE HIM ALONE”

 

Leaders lead. The only lead in Jamal is him being a cheer(leader). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Being the least of the Jets' problems is an astonishingly low bar to clear.

Fire Gase that is all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 


Jamal has solid game: “LOOK AT THIS BEAST PRO BOWL DOMINANT DEFENDER PAY HIM”

Jamal nowhere to be found against 0-11 team: “NOT HIS FAULT LEAVE HIM ALONE”

 

That sounds familiar, I’ve heard it before.

I just can’t remember the name of the other guy we do it with....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Being the least of the Jets' problems is an astonishingly low bar to clear.

Seeing as how that has been impossible for every jets QB drafted since Namath, I'm not so sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 14 in Green said:

That sounds familiar, I’ve heard it before.

I just can’t remember the name of the other guy we do it with....

The fans really let Sammy down today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.Robby Anderson dropped a TD pass which set the tone. The we had that huge play that was called back.  After that Sam has no time to do anything 

The Bengals dropped two TD passes.  They seemed to bounce back ok.

And Sam had time at times, he just held the ball too long...alot.  Blasphemy, I know.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes already seen it. I was 1st ID for 3 years of my time, and he loves it because of me and Mark Hamill. LOL

I like what Tarantino said about Hamill playing Griff.  You see Luke Skywalker fighting real evil.  Not make believe.  Griff was actually a real soldier that Fuller knew that died a basket case in an army hospital. So in every war movie that Fuller ever did he always put a character named Griff in memory.  Fuller was one of a kind.  Lived three lives in one and did just about everything a human could do.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fwiw, I aingt areligious guy, but...   

to use popular language..

 

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!

despite whatever differences of opinion on football matters we may have.

******* jets.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The Bengals dropped two TD passes.  They seemed to bounce back ok.

And Sam had time at times, he just held the ball too long...alot.  Blasphemy, I know.  

You can’t compare to the two not even close.  Dalton had ZERO pressure while Sam was pressure all game

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...