This team confuses me

kevinc855

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think it's clear that it's either 100% Gase's fault,  100% the Olines fault, or 100% Darnolds fault. I suggest a battle royal between the leading proponents and various strawmen to settle this once and for all.

Literally everybody sucked today. Nobody ever wants to face that. 

• Upvote 4

Bad OL and coaching specifically Gase. All game no adjustments when coming from behind. Greg Williams D played better in the second half. He goes away from the run when it was clicking in the first half. Same thing he does every week. Why does this surprise us as fans ik once we were down it was a test to see if gase can rally the troops and get back in the game. Again he fails we’re doom in the future need a real coach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

We have a coach who is an incompetent buffoon.  Remember it was Darnold who went to him to go over what he likes.  The coach can’t make adjustments and it lousy at clock management.  

There is no discipline.  Look at the penalties today.  

This team can not handle success.  Win three in a row and then get humiliated against an 0-11 team.  

The ownership is incompetent as well.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Plus, and a BIG plus, (in a negative way), how many of our big plays were called backed on frickin' OL penalties? At least 3, maybe 4. I mean the OL sucks but add in the officials calling every ticky tack thing and its just impossible to overcome.

10 penalties including a safety vs. the Jets, 2 vs. the Bengals, one of which was intentional delay before half. Did that look like a game where one team committed that many more penalties, or one where the refs made a mess? 

This loss is not surprising.  The game was over at 10-3. Gase has proven he cannot adjust his gameplan at all mid game.  If the offense is not playing well right away it never gets corrected. Thank God the defense made some stops in the 2nd half or they would've lost by 40.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

What it is time to pump the break on is people saying that "he sucks" and "he needs to be traded" and he needs to stop "sucking dick off the field". He is a 22 year old QB that is the most talented QB we have seen here in forever. The bar is set low in that regard but if they can't build around Sam and win it all, it isn't going to happen. He isn't the problem, yet a lot of people are saying he is.

Now the exact wording of those quotes was slightly altered to protect the innocent. Wouldn't want to reveal the identity of anyone who is currently on a watch list lol.

Being serious, Sam has a ton to prove. He has to keep getting better. He is doing that, I just don't get people telling him to put another man's penis in his mouth because he has a coach that can't figure out how to run the ball against the worst run defense in the league.

Sure - dispatch with the BJ comments, but "sucks" is actually supported by the metrics, and the Jets record.  Now, there's enough explanations for his performance right now to say it's unfair to say he sucks, but none of those explanations lend any credence to the popular notion that he's good, great, or special.  He may not be "the problem" because this team is bad enough there may not be a "the" right now.  But, it's not far fetched to think he is "a problem."

As an aside, it's worth mentioning that part of the reason we didn't run the ball against the Bengals is that we are a bottom three rushing team, and the Bengals also are a bottom of the league passing defense.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Not a fair comparison. The bengals didn’t win a game all year and it wasn’t even close 

Actually there were quite a few they just barely lost 

switch back to the vet qb had a lot to do with it IMO 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Sure - dispatch with the BJ comments, but "sucks" is actually supported by the metrics, and the Jets record.  Now, there's enough explanations for his performance right now to say it's unfair to say he sucks, but none of those explanations lend any credence to the popular notion that he's good, great, or special.  He may not be "the problem" because this team is bad enough there may not be a "the" right now.  But, it's not far fetched to think he is "a problem."

As an aside, it's worth mentioning that part of the reason we didn't run the ball against the Bengals is that we are a bottom three rushing team, and the Bengals also are a bottom of the league passing defense.

I don't think he is a problem, I really don't. It is a cliche but time will always tell. I am in the camp that says he has to get better. He can be a franchise guy imo but he isn't there today. 

The Bengals were last against the run. How Gase called 48 Darnold passes and 10 Bell runs just confuses me. Bad game plan.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

10 penalties including a safety vs. the Jets, 2 vs. the Bengals, one of which was intentional delay before half. Did that look like a game where one team committed that many more penalties, or one where the refs made a mess? 

Ray made this observation in the post game and then I thought back and yeah, kinda bizarre they only got one flag all game aside from the deliberate delay of game...

That's nuts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

This loss is not surprising.  The game was over at 10-3. Gase has proven he cannot adjust his gameplan at all mid game.  If the offense is not playing well right away it never gets corrected. Thank God the defense made some stops in the 2nd half or they would've lost by 40.

Gase and Fizdale are very similar stinky coaches

Neither can make adjustments for shat 

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't think he is a problem, I really don't. It is a cliche but time will always tell. I am in the camp that says he has to get better. He can be a franchise guy imo but he isn't there today. 

The Bengals were last against the run. How Gase called 48 Darnold passes and 10 Bell runs just confuses me. Bad game plan.

What annoyed me was how vanilla the run game was. Ok, they are bad on the run - they stuff the draw and a few power runs off guard ... And we keep doing the same thing again and again...

Apparently they struggle setting the edge...we never even tried. And I hear that Bell's pace may not be ? right now, but Powell has been playing fast and we def have a jet sweep or two in the playbook - but we didn't even try?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I mean, this isn't unfair, but if you acknowledge that he has to get better, you're also acknowledging that today, he isn't good enough.  Not many are doing that.  The issue though, is that getting better isn't a given.  It's a hope.  One we all share.

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

To be honest, in order for the Jets to win I think they need a bonafide superstar at QB to compensate for pretty much everything else that is never going to change (ownership and the biz side). Could be an unfair curve- but expecting the Jets to build it right around a guy who may eventually be a good QB is probably never going to happen. Landing a Mahomes type of talent, who can compensate for the bad, while also unlikely is probably the better route.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

To be honest, in order for the Jets to win I think they need a bonafide superstar at QB to compensate for pretty much everything else that is never going to change (ownership and the biz side). Could be an unfair curve- but expecting the Jets to build it right around a guy who may eventually be a good QB is probably never going to happen. Landing a Mahomes type of talent, who can compensate for the bad, while also unlikely is probably the better route.

Mahomes wouldn't be good here. Lamar Jackson's team scored 20 points today, he would have lost as well. The Jets gave up more than that to the Bengals lol.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, this isn't unfair, but if you acknowledge that he has to get better, you're also acknowledging that today, he isn't good enough.  Not many are doing that.  The issue though, is that getting better isn't a given.  It's a hope.  One we all share.

Well, if Tom Brady was the QB of this team and he was five years younger, they wouldn't win the Super Bowl.

So nothing is guaranteed of course, but I am convinced that Sam is good enough to get it done. Just have a bunch of things that are in terrible shape around him.

• Upvote 1

Redskins are as bad as the Jets/Phins/Bengals/Giants.
Giants are as bad as the Jets/Phins/Bengals/Redskins.
Phins are as bad as the Jets/Bengals/Redskins/Giants.
Bengals are as bad as the Jets/Phins/Giants/Redskins.
We're now 2-2 vs. this group of equivalent dogpoo teams.
The Cowboys and Raiders?  Both could easily finish below .500 this year, and I bet at least one does so.  Neither is a great team, just average teams.

That’s bottom 20% of the league. Unacceptable. Jets were flat today. Not one guy impressed.

You once argued that Ardarius Stewart was a very good WR but it’s people saying that the QB who’s record and stats say he stinks, is not a franchise QB today, that don’t understand what they are watching. This QB has now lost to 3 winless teams, but how dare anyone question him.

We have two guys that can create separation. They are often doubled. What’s left, retread receivers and avg tight ends

What team has that Qb right now that puts a crap team on his back and wins consistently?