This team confuses me

kevinc855

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Redskins are as bad as the Jets/Phins/Bengals/Giants.

Giants are as bad as the Jets/Phins/Bengals/Redskins.

Phins are as bad as the Jets/Bengals/Redskins/Giants.

Bengals are as bad as the Jets/Phins/Giants/Redskins.

We're now 2-2 vs. this group of equivalent dogpoo teams.

The Cowboys and Raiders?  Both could easily finish below .500 this year, and I bet at least one does so.  Neither is a great team, just average teams.

Not a fair comparison. The bengals didn’t win a game all year and it wasn’t even close 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Not a fair comparison. The bengals didn’t win a game all year and it wasn’t even close 

They did today.  We scored 6 points, in one of the most "special" performances I've seen vs. an 0-11 team in my lifetime.

We'll see what happens next year (what else is there to say now, really?)

24 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The owner is a braindead pencilneck, the acting owner might actually be worse, the coach is an idiot, the quarterback sucks, the roster talent is bottom-three in the league, and the franchise as a whole has a decades-old commitment to hilarious public embarrassment. Seems pretty clear to me

Says the football genius, who doesn't watch the games. lmao

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah Darnold sucks. He is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in 50 years and is literally the only way out.  But let's keep blaming him. Dude had receivers drop 4 big passes today and D Thomas stopped running on a long bomb. Two touchdowns he dialed up. He showed progress today by not panicking with the big INT under pressure.

The pathetic is strong in that 1 Max.

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah Darnold sucks. He is the best thing that has happened to this franchise in 50 years and is literally the only way out.  But let's keep blaming him. Dude had receivers drop 4 big passes today and D Thomas stopped running on a long bomb. Two touchdowns he dialed up. He showed progress today by not panicking with the big INT under pressure.

Plus, and a BIG plus, (in a negative way), how many of our big plays were called backed on frickin' OL penalties? At least 3, maybe 4. I mean the OL sucks but add in the officials calling every ticky tack thing and its just impossible to overcome.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

They did today.  We scored 6 points, in one of the most "special" performances I've seen vs. an 0-11 team in my lifetime.

We'll see what happens next year (what else is there to say now, really?)

Special like "Patrick Ramsey Special" or just regular special?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The offensive line play was horrendous.  When they weren't allowing sacks, they were holding and nullifying huge plays.

This is the only thing that matters. They were terrible. No free blitzers at least but still just awful. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

It's the jets, it's not confusing lol

This.  Anyone who has been watching the Jets for as long as most of us on this site have been had to know there was a reasonable chance of a performance like today.  Nothing confusing about it -- still a lot of work to be done to turn this team around.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

The pathetic is strong in that 1 Max.

You once argued that Ardarius Stewart was a very good WR but it’s people saying that the QB who’s record and stats say he stinks, is not a franchise QB today, that don’t understand what they are watching. This QB has now lost to 3 winless teams, but how dare anyone question him.

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

I know, it's glorious isn't it? Particularly when you factor in the impact on the overly emotional and reactionary fan base. Watching this board volley back and forth between zOmG SB and zOmG fire everyone on nearly a weekly basis  has been consistantly entertaining for 15 years now.

Between that and the persistent pursuit to put all the blame on one singular person is amazing.  All the while loudly claiming this is one of the least talented teams in the league because Mac.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Are you comfortable with the fact that “the best thing that’s happened to this franchise in 50 years” isn’t enough to prevent the team from having lost to 3 winless teams in 2 years, grabbing an NFL record along the way.

Maybe it’s time to pump the breaks a bit on this franchise QB thing, no?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Impossible levels of slurp in the faves here.

58 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Plus, and a BIG plus, (in a negative way), how many of our big plays were called backed on frickin' OL penalties? At least 3, maybe 4. I mean the OL sucks but add in the officials calling every ticky tack thing and its just impossible to overcome.

This is 100% right. 

People are way over complicating this loss. We had 100+ penalty yards, not many teams win when that happens. Mix more than a few key drops and BAM, a loss. 

Leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Special like "Patrick Ramsey Special" or just regular special?

Funny you bring Mr. Ramsey up. 

Please tell me, which of these QB's below is Patrick Ramsey and which is Sam Darnold (without looking them up):

QB #1

23 Starts to begin career, 9 wins, 14 losses, 465 for 836 (55.6%) for 5,370 Yards (6.4 YPA), 33 TD's, 28 INT's, Sacked 71 times.

QB #2

22 Starts to begin career, 8 wins, 14 losses, 435 for 725 (60.0%) for 5,019 Yards (6.9 YPA), 30 TD's, 25 INT's, Sacked 57 times.

Hmmmm....:-k  Oddly similar production numbers.

You might want to be more careful making Patrick Ramsey jokes, all things considered so far......after all, even he never lost to 0-7 and 0-11 teams in his career.

Also, a reminder, I wanted Mr. Ramsey to come in cheaply and compete, nothing more, vs. a injured and declining (at that point) Chad Pennington.

I never called him special, I never called him a franchise QB.  I did think he still had potential (sound familiar?).  Honestly, after being beaten up behind one of the worst O-line I've ever seen (sound familiar) here in DC, I just wanted him to have a chance off the Redskins.