JetNation Fan Mail

Maxman

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I can't help but imagine a lovely family sitting around the dinner table, talking about he happenings of the day; school, sports, what have you.. and then, father, distracted by his phone in his lap, bounces up with a surge of cortisol, and pours himself a double scotch.  He pounds his fist on the table, "I'll get that @dbatesman, one day.  One day."

All look confused, but no one dares utter a word as father downs his drink, grabs his phone and pens another email to info@jetnation.com.

“I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!”

• Upvote 4

This is great stuff. I enjoy the "behind the scenes" angle and think shaming is a lost art that teaches well and desperately needs a return.

Max you should ramp this kind of stuff up. I would LOVE for all complaint letters to be public. What kind of grown man complains about another grown man to a grown man that moderates a public sports board? 

I would love LOVE LOVE to read these complaints and learn about which posters are so weak. keep it coming

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

So No Bowles \ Fire Johnsons \ Eyes of Adam has been banned over 5 times that I can count. Every time he gets banned he does this:

1. Emails the site saying his ban was unfair

2. A week later he emails the site and this time it is really nice, tells me this is a great site and is very positive. Explains how he was misunderstood and blah blah blah

3. If he doesn't get a response to that he send nasty emails. He sends these often. He must have a lot of time on his hands.This time when he was banned it followed the exact pattern. Today I got this

I would like the record to reflect, I don't feel like I am a bad person. But ultimately God will sort all that out after I am gone. So until then the historians can decide lol.

Why did I post this? Because a lot of people think it is fine to dump all over me and the site. Guess what, were not gonna take it anymore. Seriously we try to do the right thing but people here aren't getting paid. We have an intern that filters these emails. He is getting college credit and I have instructed him to not forward them to me anymore. I will check with him and if the emails continue I am going to turn one of these email accounts into a parody account. One of you lucky posters will get the password to have some fun with it.

Wait, I guess that does make me a bad person. Still not going to take it.

music video 80s GIF

I'm giving him your phone number

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well I guess it's good I got one final fatties-love reference in the other day when I still had the chance.  Way to ruin it @JiF.

Oh, and congrats I guess.

This is quite a short post for you, old man.  Someone is jealous.  Whether he's jealous of the pretty lady or JiF is anyone's guess. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Ironically and I'll have to find the picture but while I wore a tux...my wife had this cool caricature type of drawing made where I was in a bow tie, tux jacket and board shorts.

And I’m NOT supposed to think I’m smarter than everyone?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

On the t-shirt, there is no way we are giving you a free one. Someday when we sell JetNation merchandise we will give you a coupon code that will enable you to buy a t-shirt at the same price as the other members here.

I understand, are there any plans to sell JetNation merchandise in the near future and if there is please allow us to select the colors, old green, new green and NY Jets logo old or new  if that will be incorporated into the shirt design. Thanks keep me posted. 

joewilly12

Image result for jetnation logo

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

This is great stuff. I enjoy the "behind the scenes" angle and think shaming is a lost art that teaches well and desperately needs a return.

Max you should ramp this kind of stuff up. I would LOVE for all complaint letters to be public. What kind of grown man complains about another grown man to a grown man that moderates a public sports board? 

I would love LOVE LOVE to read these complaints and learn about which posters are so weak. keep it coming

DickKotite was one I recall

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

it’s something about the nature of posting that gets some folks twisted. The anonymity combined with lack of visual communication like facial expression body language leads to a lot of misconceptions. 

face to face at a tailgate the vast majority of us would probably get along great 

This is the most accurate of accurate statements. Quite literally the most outlandish stuff I've ever had said to me has never been in my real life, it's been on this board. One guy, still a regular poster on this board, told me that I held certain opinions on sports because I was a "spoiled Jewish kid." I've had guys insult family members as well. Weird how none of that ever seems to happen with people in real life.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

This is the most accurate of accurate statements. Quite literally the most outlandish stuff I've ever had said to me has never been in my real life, it's been on this board. One guy, still a regular poster on this board, told me that I held certain opinions on sports because I was a "spoiled Jewish kid." I've had guys insult family members as well. Weird how none of that ever seems to happen with people in real life.

Wait, you're Jewish?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Maxman once sent me an autographed picture of Kris Jenkins.  The shot where he was throwing that Texans Center like a rag doll before enveloping Matt Schaub.  I think I won a contest of some sort.  That was awesome.  Thanks Max.  

I, too, would love a picture of Kris Jenkins with @Maxman's autograph on it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes, however according to members of this site I am any number of things. For example, SAR legitimately believed at one point that I was a 70 year-old man that tried to meet him at a hotel one time.

He clearly had you confused with a certain somebody who I will not tag, because that would be wrong.