JetNation Fan Mail

Maxman

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It was the 80s man... that was the norm lol 

TCDMIVI_EC036_H-754x1024.jpg

have a huge miami vice poster mounted on a plaque in my office. (no joke).... Don can rock those power suit pants any day of the week..

but he would never dare to strut in a pair of beltless denims. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

have a huge miami vice poster mounted on a plaque in my office. (no joke).... Don can rock those power suit pants any day of the week..

but he would never dare to strut in a pair of beltless denims. 

Image result for don johnson wearing jeans

Hard to tell.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Dear @Maxman

I apologize for everything I have done wrong on this forum that you have banned,reprimanded and warned me about.  You are a good dude with a heart of gold. I had the opportunity to meet you in person if it wasn't so cold and windy I would have stayed and talked more. I can be a difficult person sometimes I am very stubborn, hard-headed.  I am passionate about the NY Jets, I am a diehard fan. 

I am trying to be a better member and a better person on JetNation and be less argumentative and confrontational when I disagree with others opinions and to those who disagree with mine. 

I thank you for the opportunity to be a member of JetNation the best NY Jets forum/message board in existence. You and the moderators do a helluva job here and I commend you for it. 

Looking forward to seeing you guys at a future tailgate event if I can make it and continuing the football message discussion and real life talk with you all. 

God Bless you ALL. 

PS I wear an XXL t-shirt long sleeve old NY Jets green, thanks. 

joewilly12

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

JIF got married?  WTF? 

38 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That's the real takeaway of this thread.

Was @Klecko73isGod the best man?  The bride?

Was it a beach wedding?  Did he wear a bow tie, button down, and board shorts?

@JiFs wife plays golf, so that makes her cool.

Congratulations! When was the big day, buddy? I remember you talking about it in our golf thread, and meant to ask you if it was coming up. Was it last month?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Maxman once opened his arms and welcomed me and my now wife to his tailgate without knowing us from a hole in the wall. 

Then you said, "by the way I'm JiF" and he said "hmmph.  I thought for sure youd be introducing me to a husband".

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No kidding. Dudes like about as genuine good hearted sincere dude you can meet. Gotta hot ass too. 

Hot ass confirmed.

1 hour ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I remember that day. Unless you crashed his tailgate more than once.

We had such a good time, we came back for more!  We crashed your set up twice because you were so nice!  

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

Then you said, "by the way I'm JiF" and he said "hmmph.  I thought for sure youd be introducing me to a husband".

hahahaha no but I'm pretty sure that was the first time my wife heard about my love affair with @The Crusher pretty sure I walked into a conversation with someone asking if she knew about him. lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Max, you owe nothing to anyone here and do a tremendous job FOR FREE to allow knuckleheads like me to post about our miserable football team, and other things as well. I have posted this before, JN IS THE BEST SITE ON THE WEB FOR JETS INFO - PERIOD.

I was going thru old E-mail recently and found a receipt from not long into the current millennium for $50 to Jets Insider. For that sum I got to visit their portal and sort thru biased topics of the football team I follow under the direction of various individuals, many of who's mental stability was highly doubted if not at question. It wasn't a great way to exchange thoughts or feelings about your football passion - but it was all there was especially if you lived out of the fan base area. 

Then Max with the help of some other's broke away and started this place with some simple guidelines - no talk about Politics, Religion, and no personal attacks. Many of us quickly followed and the same simple recipe has grown into the best Jet's site in the world. Imagine in today's political climate what this would be like without those simple rules in place.  

Thank you Max and crew for giving us a great place to come to.  

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha yep, it happened.

No.  We had a smaller mostly family wedding.  My brothers were co-best men.  We did have a formal wedding and I wore a tux after many different debates about beach vs. a more traditional venue.  Ironically and I'll have to find the picture but while I wore a tux...my wife had this cool caricature type of drawing made where I was in a bow tie, tux jacket and board shorts.  I'll have to find it...

Thanks!  I've been a married may for a whole 3 weeks!  A straight up veteran at this game! 

I did shoot an 82 at the Slammer and Squire the morning of my wedding.  Took a big group out.  Shoot really well and legit came 1 inch from my 2nd hole in one! 

Was the ceremony at the WGHOF?

Really nice place... Two nice courses also.

That 82 are both impressive (and the score is a good omen, lol)

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

it’s something about the nature of posting that gets some folks twisted. The anonymity combined with lack of visual communication like facial expression body language leads to a lot of misconceptions. 

face to face at a tailgate the vast majority of us would probably get along great 

When are we hanging out Larz 

16 minutes ago, NJ said:

I was going thru old E-mail recently and found a receipt from not long into the current millennium for $50 to Jets Insider. For that sum I got to visit their portal and sort thru biased topics of the football team I follow under the direction of various individuals, many of who's mental stability was highly doubted if not at question. It wasn't a great way to exchange thoughts or feelings about your football passion - but it was all there was especially if you lived out of the fan base area. 

Then Max with the help of some other's broke away and started this place with some simple guidelines - no talk about Politics, Religion, and no personal attacks. Many of us quickly followed and the same simple recipe has grown into the best Jet's site in the world. Imagine in today's political climate what this would be like without those simple rules in place.  

Thank you Max and crew for giving us a great place to come to.  

Thanks John.

The whole premium member thing cracks me up. We have around 600 people who log in here every day. There are around 10,000 guests some days, but 600 members logging in.

If you sell a premium membership you are going to convert what 25% at most? That would be a lot. So let's alienate everyone so we can get a few thousand dollars. Keeping it all free and showing more ads to guests like we do here is more than enough to pay the bills. And not piss people off.

Well most people don't get pissed off. Some do, because I am not a good person apparently!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks John.

The whole premium member thing cracks me up. We have around 600 people who log in here every day. There are around 10,000 guests some days, but 600 members logging in.

If you sell a premium membership you are going to convert what 25% at most? That would be a lot. So let's alienate everyone so we can get a few thousand dollars. Keeping it all free and showing more ads to guests like we do here is more than enough to pay the bills. And not piss people off.

Well most people don't get pissed off. Some do, because I am not a good person apparently!

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2