JetNation Fan Mail

Maxman

43 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes, however according to members of this site I am any number of things. For example, SAR legitimately believed at one point that I was a 70 year-old man that tried to meet him at a hotel one time.

29 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He clearly had you confused with a certain somebody who I will not tag, because that would be wrong.

My apologies RJF.  There was another RJF back in the JI days.....well, may not have been the same userid, but it was a guy who had a Rutgers avatar and was once at the Meadowlands Sheraton when I was staying there circa 2006 and at that time was about 60.  He was quite nice, there was nothing shady about it other than he was in town for the game and staying at the same place. 

So when I started posting on JN I had him confused with you from the start.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes, however according to members of this site I am any number of things. For example, SAR legitimately believed at one point that I was a 70 year-old man that tried to meet him at a hotel one time.

lmfao I forgot about this. So so so so so so good

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are proud to present.......THE ANTAGONISTIC ASSHOLES OF SNARK!!!!  WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

saxon-fast-dublin_orig.png

HELLO CLEVELAND!!!!!

Bloody hell. I did not expect to see this on JN. I've a couple of friends who were at that show (Saxon playing in Dublin a few years ago). One of them is, judging by the pics he took, just at the bottom of that pic. 

And Max, get the intern to start doing POTW threads.

• Haha 2

Just my two cents but banning TX I think is really, really lame. TX was just having fun. He never got personal with anyone that I recall? Personally, I loved to give it right back to him. He also has honor. Whenever he makes a bet and loses, he keeps up his end of the bet. At the end of the day, we don't know each other. So having honor is huge.

And really I think there's way too many snowflakes on this site? Just my impression, but I get the idea, Maxman, that you get a LOT of emails from snowflakes posters claiming poster X did this to me? I additionally get the impression that you cater to the snowflake posters far too often? 

Just my opinion, but I think those posters should be told to go sh*t in their hats in so many words. There's always the ignore feature.

Now in reference to that idiot sending you nasty grams? BAN HIM PERMANENTLY. If I'm the owner of this site, I'm not getting insulted via email EVER. If you want to participate in my site you'd better be respectful to me. Plead your case and I'll read it.... No promises

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I understand, are there any plans to sell JetNation merchandise in the near future and if there is please allow us to select the colors, old green, new green and NY Jets logo old or new  if that will be incorporated into the shirt design. Thanks keep me posted. 

joewilly12

Image result for jetnation logo

LOL

I’m thinking this is about the 25th time joewilly has asked for a free tee shirt. 

We have to put an end to this @Maxman. I’ll tell you what we can do. I’ll have one made up, and send it to him, you can tell him it was a limited edition made purposely for him because you and @T0mShane regret not naming him captain this year.

The only other thing you have to do is get me his shipping info.

BTW don’t let anyone else know about this, especially @joewilly12 this will be our secret!  ?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL

I’m thinking this is about the 25th time joewilly has asked for a free tee shirt. 

We have to put an end to this @Maxman. I’ll tell you what we can do. I’ll have one made up, and send it to him, you can tell him it was a limited edition made purposely for him because you and @T0mShane regret not naming him captain this year.

The only other thing you have to do is get me his shipping info.

BTW don’t let anyone else know about this, especially @joewilly12 this will be our secret!  ?

Image result for C'MON MAN GIFS
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Just my two cents but banning TX I think is really, really lame. TX was just having fun. He never got personal with anyone that I recall? Personally, I loved to give it right back to him. He also has honor. Whenever he makes a bet and loses, he keeps up his end of the bet. At the end of the day, we don't know each other. So having honor is huge.

And really I think there's way too many snowflakes on this site? Just my impression, but I get the idea, Maxman, that you get a LOT of emails from snowflakes posters claiming poster X did this to me? I additionally get the impression that you cater to the snowflake posters far too often? 

Just my opinion, but I think those posters should be told to go sh*t in their hats in so many words. There's always the ignore feature.

Now in reference to that idiot sending you nasty grams? BAN HIM PERMANENTLY. If I'm the owner of this site, I'm not getting insulted via email EVER. If you want to participate in my site you'd better be respectful to me. Plead your case and I'll read it.... No promises

+1 for tx

not sure what happened but he was never rude or hateful

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Lol. The guy was banned permanently that's why he's emailing.

So calling people you disagree with snowflakes is not a great way to make a point 

That being said you don't successfully run the largest site for a team like this for 15 years by being reactionary. I'm not sure who you are suggesting that I cater to? This might be one of the most off base criticisms that I have received. I can't remember the last time we responded to a reported post.

We look at them. We judge it based on the site rules and we take action or don't accordingly. But we don't respond either way, we aren't catering to anyone. We just make sure the rules are being followed.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When I saw that this post got buttfumbled, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt it would be @T0mShane.  A**hole, lol.  

Yeah Tom neg rep'ed me yesterday too. I'm gonna give him space though. Tough day when he showed up for the Dead Poets Society meeting and he was all alone.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Maxman once sent me an autographed picture of Kris Jenkins.  The shot where he was throwing that Texans Center like a rag doll before enveloping Matt Schaub.  I think I won a contest of some sort.  That was awesome.  Thanks Max.  

I remember that, it was a contest. That was a long time ago!

• Sympathy 1

Just my stupid opinion here, but I think there have been some discussions on the board this week (particularly about a certain qb), that have seemed to have more open and earnest discussion than they have in the most recent past, where they may have been shut down by those that just had hardened opinions. 

Just my stupid opinion.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I have no need for the guy. Crass is putting it lightly. He was his own biggest fan and for a teacher he couldnt spell. Never capitalizes or uses apostrophy

He was a teacher? I thought he was a homeless guy living in an RV weird.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just my stupid opinion here, but I think there have been some discussions on the board this week (particularly about a certain qb), that have seemed to have more open and earnest discussion than they have in the most recent past, where they may have been shut down by those that just had hardened opinions. 

Just my stupid opinion.

That’s only because I got involved in them... I elevate the game of everyone around me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I might start a personal get to know u type thread. The one where everyonenposts a REAL pic of themselves and writes a quick blurb about themselves. 

What u guys think

You should work with @Pac on this.  He's part of the JN Welcoming Committee.  There's been complaints about him PMing requests for nude action shots but I think those situations have been settled out of court.  

• Haha 3