Gase: I’m rich as f--k

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

We might've been able to avoid all this if Manish wasn't lobbying for him during the hiring process. 

Manish probably doesn't have the sources/access he use to have with Gase and JD in charge. That's what it comes down to with this guy. He has a personal agenda against him.

He's done this to Doug Marrone, Mike McCarthy, and now Adam Gase. Manish is a clown. 

Anonymous sources vs. Players playing hard and publicly stating all year that they believe in Gase/this team. Yeah a lot of that talk is the company line, but the effort has been there.

Yeah, maybe Gase even said “what do I care I’m rich a sh*t,” when someone asked him if the planes and billboards bothered him. Doesn’t mean he’s not working his ass off all year. 

I could care less if my coach is a bleed green and white jets fan. Just win games. Gase hasn’t won enough yet obviously, but give the guy credit for the 2nd half of the season.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Also, the used car salesman analogy is awful.  Gase is about the polar opposite of a use car salesman.

He's more like the company IT guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone because he knows how to reset printer drives.

I agree. It’s not Gase being shady and convincing to cash in with he Jets. It’s the fact that the Johnsons are quite possibly the dumbest human beings in football. They are like the old lady that you bang just to get their money and inheritance. Clueless cash cows. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Honestly one of the most insane and baseless hit pieces I’ve ever read. Even if you hate Gase this article is a pile of trash. Who ever wrote that should be fired. I can’t believe this was published by a real source. 

None the less, it makes a few important points.  Sum it up...

Gase is a loser

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just hate the infringement on Freedom of the Press and I think it’d make the Jets, and Gase, look small. I think letting Manish punch himself out with these hit pieces can be pretty effective. The Patriots had a beat guy named Ron Borges who did this same trolling shtick to Belichick early on, and it ended Borges’ career when Belichick started winning Super Bowls. Let Gase win and Manish will meet a similar fate. Judging by how increasingly sporadically we see his articles get c&p’d over here, it appears that his impact is waning and the base isn’t even entertained by his tripe anymore. He’s yelling at clouds.

Gonna try to farm up some neg rep here... Sure, there's freedom of the press, but when does an organization say, this isn't press, this is just repeated hit pieces?  I get that it's a hot button issue because there's a segment of the population with jello brain that gets all of their news from facebook and/or one television network and calls everything they don't like, "fake news," and so you have to be careful about the slippery slope of silencing.  But, I think the adults in the room, if they're being honest, can easily discern between allowing critical coverage, and the type of work Manish is doing to either grind an axe, or generate clicks to save his income, or, most realistically, both.

I don't disagree that winning will obliterate his trolling, but for those of us who see the Jets for what they are, we know that winning at the level that's going to matter isn't in the cards next season either, so not much is changing quickly and you can't really allow a guy to get personal like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Manish reported that Adams doesn’t care about fan criticism because he’s rich as sh*t? First of all, no sh*t: if you’re a professional coach or athlete and you worry about the idiot fan base, you’re a rube with rabbit ears. Secondly, Adams explicitly tells you he doesn’t care about “the haters” every day on Instagram and/or Twitter. Third, Manish has an axe to grind with Gase for getting Maccagnan fired and he’s in turbo meltdown mode because Gase has kept the team together enough to go 5-2 in his last seven, consolidating his power within the organization, which directly impacts Manish. When was the last time Manish had an actual personnel-related scoop that indicated he has an iota of access to anyone inside the building? Mehta’s whole shtick is built around access, and he’s been frozen out. And when you’re frozen out, you’re stuck writing articles about the boring on-the-field stuff or human interest stories that don’t get clicks, which is fine if you’re writing for The Athletic or one of the local Long Island papers, but Manish works for an NYC tabloid already in financial distress and wants no part of being a grunt beat reporter, like Costello, where you cover the Jets for a bit, then have to cover, like, golf to make ends meet. Manish sows discord because he needs access, and the best way to get it is by interviewing disgruntled weasels. He didn’t get those stories when the team was 1-7, and he especially won’t get those stories now that the team is 5-2. This is an existential crisis for Manish, and what you’re now seeing with articles like this is stark, raw, flare-gun level desperation.

So to be clear, if this is true, you're perfectly fine with Gase telling fans criticizing him he's rich as F? 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Gonna try to farm up some neg rep here... Sure, there's freedom of the press, but when does an organization say, this isn't press, this is just repeated hit pieces?  I get that it's a hot button issue because there's a segment of the population with jello brain that gets all of their news from facebook and/or one television network and calls everything they don't like, "fake news," and so you have to be careful about the slippery slope of silencing.  But, I think the adults in the room, if they're being honest, can easily discern between allowing critical coverage, and the type of work Manish is doing to either grind an axe, or generate clicks to save his income, or, most realistically, both.

I don't disagree that winning will obliterate his trolling, but for those of us who see the Jets for what they are, we know that winning at the level that's going to matter isn't in the cards next season either, so not much is changing quickly and you can't really allow a guy to get personal like this.

I think this is more of a "look at me Jets organization, you cannot silence me with an information blackout".

And the Jets will probably cave, because they are not in a position to hold a grudge and have even a small presence in the media be constantly negative toward them.

Expect Manish to come out with some exclusive just after the season ends that no one else carries.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Unfortunately, the majority of people reading the headlines don't seek the truth... Its the reality of the world we currently live. Everything has to be done immediately and the need for instant analysis gratification. Now you have creative writers that fabricate stories from one-liners that don't care about truth and aren't journalists (i.e. Manish Mehta, Conner Rodgers). They couldn't care less if they are right or wrong. Their singular goal is to get people to read a dying medium. I don't exactly blame the News or other newspapers for hiring them since they are helping keep the company alive. I mostly blame the people that read this junk and think its real journalism and not grocery store tabloid headlines that they really are. 

The only way to get this changed is to demand more of journalism and truth and not fall into the trap of believing the tabloids like Daily News or National Enquirer and follow more reputable writers that have some connections to the team such as Conner Hughs, Costello, Cimini (Yes, even though he is lazy at his job has truth in his articles). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Honestly one of the most insane and baseless hit pieces I’ve ever read. Even if you hate Gase this article is a pile of trash. Who ever wrote that should be fired. I can’t believe this was published by a real source. 

Well said nico. I stopped reading this thread after your post. You summed this up perfectly.

?

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don’t disagree with any of this, but I just think (probably naively) that Manish will get deplatformed organically because he’s bad at what he does. Good, sustainable trolling requires nuance, and Manish doesn’t have it, which alienates enough of the jello brain population to limit Manish’s overall impact. Granted, he effectively sideswiped Marrone, ended Idzik a year early, and possibly rat****ed McCarthy, but he did all of those with copious amounts of help from Inside the team. It appears he’s on an island regarding Gase, at least for now. 

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So to be clear, if this is true, you're perfectly fine with Gase telling fans criticizing him he's rich as F? 

Ok, and this is an important distinction as it regards the impact of these articles: If every letter of this article is true, nowhere does it say, nor is it true, that Gase said this to fans. The article states that he said this behind closed doors in front of his colleagues. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, and this is an important distinction as it regards the impact of these articles: If every letter of this article is true, nowhere does it say, nor is it true, that Gase said this to fans. The article states that he said this behind closed doors in front of his colleagues. 

And to be truthful I think the line is embellished by Mehta and gives a more exact quote when he later says that Gase doesn't care about the criticism because he is getting paid, which I think is closer to the truth and something most of us would say in the face of all this criticism. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My favorite part of that episode was Mehta’s whiny postmortem larded up with “anonymous” pro-Maccagnan quotes claiming he was victimized, wherein Manish included the line “Mike Maccagnan couldn’t be reached for comment.”

Dinger was let go at the same time which was a surprise to some in the organization and was MM source. So that is partially why MM has such an agenda to get back at the Jets.

Dinger was feeding negative information to Mehta about Mac and the organization to hopefully get a promotion. I think that CJ smartened up to the reality of what was going on and fired them both. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Dinger was let go at the same time which was a surprise to some in the organization and was MM source. So that is partially why MM has such an agenda to get back at the Jets.

Dinger was feeding negative information to Mehta about Mac and the organization to hopefully get a promotion. I think that CJ smartened up to the reality of what was going on and fired them both. 

I posited that there was a Dinger v Macc schism and there’d eventually be a coup attempt, but I don’t see then why Manish would be so pro-Maccagnan to this day if Heimerdinger was his guy

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The implication being, everything and everyone is holding him back. 

Meh - Kill Gase on merit.

I don't mind that the coach says what's plainly obvious.  The team was sh*t to begin with, and worse when decimated by injuries.  I also don't mind that a coach doesn't care what fans think, because, fans are stupid.

I'm just not on board for personal hit pieces, and pretending like the last 5 drafts didn't happen.  Gase isn't an idiot, sorry, he's not.  He knows he took the job of a team that was a ******* mess, and he knows it's going to take a while to get out of it.  That should be considered as independent of whether or not he's a good coach.

2015: Leonard Williams, Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Bryce Petty, Jarvis Harrison, Deon Smith

2016: Darron Lee, Christian Hackenberg, Jordan Jenkins, Juston Burris, Brandon Shell, Lac Edwards, Charone Peake

2017: Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jordan Leggett, Dylan Donahue, Elijah McGuire, Jeremy Clark, Derrick Jones

2018: Sam Darnold, Nathan Shepherd, Chris Herndon, Parry Nickerson, Folorunso Fatukasi, Trenton Cannon

2019: Quinnen Williams, Jachai Polite, Chuma Edoga, Trevon Wesco, Blake Cashman, Blessuan Austin

No one was ever competing with this sh*t.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2