6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

3 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Wait Manish Mehta said he was rich as f_ck? Lmaoo

When?

Manish reported that an 'insider' told him that Gase makes that statement when he gets upset.  Just another part of his character assassination of a great Jets coach.  It is BS but quite funny in an inside-joke kinda way.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Manish reported that an 'insider' told him that Gase makes that statement when he gets upset.  Just another part of his character assassination of a great Jets coach.  It is BS but quite funny in an inside-joke kinda way.
SAR I

Holy sh*t lol

Still need to see more from the Joe D and the coaches but Bell's takeaway from the finale in Cimini's column resonates with my thinking.  Hopefully, Joe D brings him back with a better OL.

"We're starting to get the ship sailing in the right direction," Bell said. "I think we started finding our groove and exactly what our image is going to be. It took multiple games to do. Once we found it, we've been playing good football, and we won the game."

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is an incredible accomplishment and something worth celebrating.

Yes...  I’ve been celebrating nonstop...especially with this thrilling victory today.

lets all raise our glasses to Adam Gase.  It certainly has been incredible..as you said.

nice trolling.  You did get a response out of me...   ;-)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I Adam Gase had a better team no injuries during the beginning the of the season where we lost when we played a harder schedule, we played an easy schedule towards the end of the season and we won games with exceptions (Cincinnati). Bottom line entire season not successful enough to make the playoffs like you said we would. Tap out @SAR I.

Say what?  Do you even watch the freaking games?

We lost Enunwa, our '#1/#2' in game 1.

We lost Mosely in game #1.

Darnold was 'diagnosed' with Mono after game 1, but most certainly was affected by it during game 1.

we lost our backup QB early in game 2.

So lets see...lose your QB1 and then QB2, #1 Wr and #1 D player by week #2...and we had a better team 'earlier'?  LMAO.

We had a better 'team' when we peeled off/ditched Trumaine, traded Leo, signed Griffen, traded for Lewis etc.

This team had EVERY reason to mail it in at 1-7...but they didn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Darnold was 'diagnosed' with Mono after game 1, but most certainly was affected by it during game 1.

So lets see...lose your QB1 and then QB2, #1 Wr and #1 D player by week #2...and we had a better team 'earlier'?  LMAO.

We had a better 'team' when we peeled off/ditched Trumaine, traded Leo, signed Griffen, traded for Lewis etc.

Bills game was the discussion we lost 17-16 only injury was Mosley.   

We played resilient with the roster we had, agree. 

7-9 is an improvement from 2018. 

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

I haven't been more proud of the Jets since 2010, just a tremendous job of overcoming injuries, illnesses, retirements, and the hype media nonsense.  Most coaches would have folded or had their teams turn into a backstabbing mess.  Coach held it together and got backups and backups-to-backups to play beyond their abilities.

Congratulations Adam Gase and all the coaches and players.  Next season is going to be epic.  Can't wait!

SAR I

You should be banned until the start of next season for even implying that Gase compares to The Tuna. Obviously rationalizing all that money you spent on those useless PSL’s

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

I haven't been more proud of the Jets since 2010, just a tremendous job of overcoming injuries, illnesses, retirements, and the hype media nonsense.  Most coaches would have folded or had their teams turn into a backstabbing mess.  Coach held it together and got backups and backups-to-backups to play beyond their abilities.

Congratulations Adam Gase and all the coaches and players.  Next season is going to be epic.  Can't wait!

SAR I

Oh, shut up. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm keeping this as my new signature quote, and good on you for saying it!

Lol, I'm cool with that. 

Between the mono, the bad roster made worse by injury, the questionable coaching, Darnold still managed to improve in virtually every major passing category this year. I still feel good about him. Next year, with (what would have to be) a better OL, some new weapons, the second year in the same system, no debilitating diseases, he has to make a huge jump. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Congratulations on the amazing 7-9 season, including setting a NFL record with two losses to winless teams after seven weeks of play. Next stop: .500

injuries.jpg

Yeah,  the Jets A team was definitely on the field for all those games.  I mean, we had 12-4 talent out there when we lost to the Bengals and Dolphins.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh, shut up. 

Yeah, because we finished 7-9 like you said we would but it wasn't the way you wanted it.  Somehow, a 6-2 finish, second-best in the entire NFL, wasn't good enough for your precious perpetually hurt feelings.

Only a SOJF would think that way.

SAR I

37 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Yes...  I’ve been celebrating nonstop...especially with this thrilling victory today.

lets all raise our glasses to Adam Gase.  It certainly has been incredible..as you said.

nice trolling.  You did get a response out of me...   ;-)

What exactly would have made you happy after the 1-7 start.  What, Gase needed to go 8-0 to please you?  Like 6-2 with this beat up hospital roster wasn't something to be proud of?

SOJF's get what you deserve.  Go Mets, right?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Preach it, greenwave.

Though the SOJF's will be mad at you.  Because they don't know how to feel happy.  Or, more like it, they don't want to feel happy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, it's fans like you that can't be serious.

We knocked the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers out of the playoffs.  We won 6 of our last 8 games.  We were 5-3 at home.

All of this with the most injured roster in the entire NFL and the most injuries in team history.

This is an incredible accomplishment and something worth celebrating.

SAR I

Highest scoring team in the league, on first drives this season, after going 30+ games (some crazy number like that) without scoring a td on the first drive. It's heading in the right direction. Huge off season with JD getting his first shot to run the draft and FA.

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bills game was the discussion we lost 17-16 only injury was Mosley.   

We played resilient with the roster we had, agree. 

7-9 is an improvement from 2018. 

Bills game was Darnold at 50%, Mosley gone when needed most, Enunwa gone for season, Herndon gone for season, new offense, top two weapons unavailable, new defense couldn't handle it late, Vedvik costs us the game all by himself despite all the setbacks.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You should be banned until the start of next season for even implying that Gase compares to The Tuna. Obviously rationalizing all that money you spent on those useless PSL’s

Show me a better turnaround after such a disasterous start.  Hint:  You can't.

Show me a better W/L record in the second half of the season.  Hint:  Only Parcells '98.

Forgive us if we want to enjoy our successful second half.  Forgive us if we see the good in the heart, fight, and growth of this team.

Your Bills are going to lose in six days.  Sorry.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Gase deserves a lot of credit for how the season ended. Darnold played well in the second half of the season as well, making practice squad players like Vyncent Smith better

There you go.  Simple, right?  At 1-7 no one packed it in.  No one took the easy road and slammed the head coach to the Daily News leaker.  No one did drugs, got caught in a club, got into a car accident, failed a HGH test, demanded a trade. Instead the team rallied and stepped up their level of play, backups-to-backups and practice squad guys making nice contributions.

It's a season to be proud of. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

If a clown like Rex Ryan had us 7-9 after all these injuries, Jet fans would be creaming themselves 

True, right?

If Gase was some brotherly rah-rah Pete Carroll type or some boisterous bully Rex Ryan type, the fans would be rejoicing.

But because Gase is a hard-working curmudgeon with a quiet personality, uh-oh, he's a bum, he's no good, he's got bad body language.

The guy just accomplished the best second-half turnaround in team history.  In NFL history, in 100 years of trying, the Jets are only the 8th team to accomplish 6-2 after 1-7, truly amazing.

But they looooooove huggable losers like Chad Pennington.  They loooooooove local losers like Vinny Testaverde.  They looooooove boisterous quitters like Rex Ryan.  We finally get a guy who is good at his job, nah,  can't be, he's not cuddly and cute like Sean McVay.  Fly planes.  Buy billboards.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There you go.  Simple, right?  At 1-7 no one packed it in.  No one took the easy road and slammed the head coach to the Daily News leaker.  No one did drugs, got caught in a club, got into a car accident, failed a HGH test, demanded a trade. Instead the team rallied and stepped up their level of play, backups-to-backups and practice squad guys making nice contributions.

SAR I

Agree. A lot of fans and experts had us going in the  7-9 - 9-7 range before the season. We ended up losing our QB for over a month, Mosley, Avery, top 2 TEs, Enunwa, DT, and the entire OL, and still finished where everyone predicted. But somehow this was a horrible season and we should clean house. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Agree. A lot of fans and experts had us going in the  7-9 - 9-7 range before the season. We ended up losing our QB for over a month, Mosley, Avery, top 2 TEs, Enunwa, DT, and the entire OL, and still finished where everyone predicted. But somehow this was a horrible season and we should clean house. 

It's a discussion forum convention called "I was rightism".  Those who hated the Gase hire in March are looking for reasons to hate the guy in December.

And they have none.  Because he actually did a good job.  And they were wrong.  But they can't be.  Because internet.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We just had the best 8 week run since Parcells '98 Jets.  So, yeah, we all should be excited about next season.  Except for you and your meat slicer.  You can wallow in your SOJF misery together.

SAR I

When we were 1-7 we had no pressure.  When we got to the bengal game at, I think 4-7, there was an actual chance we could make some noise.  That was 1 of the 2 games we lost in the 2nd half of the season.  6-2 is a very nice run but let’s not sugarcoat this season.  Gase is no Parcells. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When we were 1-7 we had no pressure.  When we got to the bengal game at, I think 4-7, there was an actual chance we could make some noise.  That was 1 of the 2 games we lost in the 2nd half of the season.  6-2 is a very nice run but let’s not sugarcoat this season.  Gase is no Parcells. 

I did not say Adam Gase is Bill Parcells. 

I said that the 6-2 finish is the best second half performance since Parcells.  And if a Jets fan can't take some joy in that, they've got a strange problem.

SAR I

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We had the Osemele controversy. We had the Jamal Adams controversy.

But yes Gase did reasonably well in the 2nd half of the season (though the schedule was pretty weak). The real question is whether or not he can beat good teams and win a Superbowl. After 9 straight years without a playoff appearance, a 7-9 moral victory season doesn’t excite me right now. 

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

injuries.jpg

Yeah,  the Jets A team was definitely on the field for all those games.  I mean, we had 12-4 talent out there when we lost to the Bengals and Dolphins.

SAR I

All I hear is excuses. 

This team was the worst offensive team in the league and you sit here and praise Gase for this coaching job?   Rex can come here himself as offensive coordinator and do the same sh*t job that Gase did.  

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

32nd in the league in total yards.

#1 in the NFL in injuries.

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

“Offensive guru”

He might be but how would we know without an OL, without Enunwa, without Herndon, and with a washed-up Bell?  What we do know is that this awful 1-7 team went on an improbable finish where we won 6 of our last 8 games.  Impressive.  Maybe there is a guru there after all.

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Easiest schedule in the league

When you're as beat up as we are, there are no easy games.  Compared to the backups and third stringers we were rolling out, those other teams were all better.

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

but let’s praise the 6-2 finish.  

We had plenty of time to slam the 1-7 start.  Forgive us if we enjoy the 6-2 finish for a few hours.  It's quite an accomplishment.  Worth celebrating.

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

This thread is a joke.

Same Ol' Jets Fans are a joke.  I can assure you of that.  They don't show up to games and complain when enemy fans take their seats.  They whine about a terrible 1-7 start and then aren't happy about a remarkable 6-2 finish.  They want Gase to show them something, and when he does they act like he didn't.  They're a clown show. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They want Gase to show them something, and when he does they act like he didn't.  They're a clown show. 

Still waiting on Gase to show something.  He’s shown absolutely nothing.  Without the defense which is coached by a 100x better coach in Gregg Williams, this team is a 2-14 team.  

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

All I hear is excuses. 

This team was the worst offensive team in the league and you sit here and praise Gase for this coaching job?   Rex can come here himself as offensive coordinator and do the same sh*t job that Gase did.  

What you should be hearing are reasons.

And why are you surprised that we were the worst offense in the league?  We were projected to be Bottom 5 back in August.....when totally healthy!  Why do you think we would suddenly be Top 10 without our 2 best receivers, with our QB1 out for a month, with our QB2 out after five minutes, with 10 different offensive linemen playing 9 different positions, and with Le'veon Bell playing like a washed-up back who missed a full year? 

Answer me.  Why do you think we should have had elite NFL offensive production from an XFL roster?

SAR I