We got the 11th pick

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

QBs are always over valued. 

Tua wont drop as much as people think. I think he SHOULD though. 

He probably has so much metal inside his body that he couldn't pass a TSA checkpoint. He's beyond damaged goods and I didn't think he was that can't miss prospect before the injuries.

• Upvote 1

Well lets see:

Burrow

Chase Young

Okudah

Jeudy

Lamb

Andrew Thomas

probably one more QB

probably one more OT

Those to me are the only sure fire before 11 picks.

Delpit and Derrick Brown could be in there as well but other teams might not be as dumb as macganan to pick a good player in a low value position.

We could even be in a spot to trade down if a QB is there at 11.

• Sympathy 1

The injury bug hit us this year but things have gone our way lately. The Browns took Mayfield, Giants Barkley, we got Sam. 

Now the Broncos beat Oakland by Gruden going for 2 & failing, and the Giants lost again securing a great high 3rd rounder for Leo. 

Like others have pointed out, 10 players B4 us, 3-QBs, Young, Okudah, Simmons are probably locks, or close to locks. That's 6 players right there not including whoever the best DT will be which might make 7 players. 

Wirfs, Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb. We're getting a stud Offensive player. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, King P said:

And there will be plenty of O-Line value in the 2nd and 3rd as well. Lamb + 3 consecutive OL = A+ draft IMO

OL is the top priority but I don’t think we have to  use all our top picks on the OL.  This draft is deep at WR too and I wouldn’t find addressing edge rusher in the 3rd round 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

He probably has so much metal inside his body that he couldn't pass a TSA checkpoint. He's beyond damaged goods and I didn't think he was that can't miss prospect before the injuries.

Agreed. But ya know how NFL execs think lol. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well lets see:

Burrow

Chase Young

Okudah

Jeudy

Lamb

Andrew Thomas

probably one more QB

probably one more OT

Delpit and Derrick Brown could be in there as well but other teams might not be as dumb as macganan to pick a good player in a low value position.

For one hot second while reading this, I thought you were suggesting we take Delpit...

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

It looks like we dropped a couple of slots with Jax winning. Would have picked 9th instead of 11th if we lost today. It's going to be curious who gets drafted 9th and 10th.....just watch Wirfs and Lamb go in those two slots.

The other difference is we pick 16th in the second round (rotate picks with other 7-9 teams), instead of 11.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well lets see:

Burrow

Chase Young

Okudah

Jeudy

Lamb

Andrew Thomas

probably one more QB

probably one more OT

Isiaah Simmons and Epenesa would both be in the category as well as lots of teams need pass rushers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Agreed. But ya know how NFL execs think lol. 

Mac was a GM that oversaw five drafts so anything is possible.

Going back to your original post I can't see Miami pulling that kind of trigger considering they are already picking high. I wouldn't mind moving down a slot or so and picking up a second or more depending on how the draft shakes out.

19 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I'd trust JD to make the right call on a possible trade up if he thought that a can't miss franchise LT or RT was on the board.

It’s almost a guarantee Cleveland goes LT, hopefully there’s two quality LTs in the board at 10 and 11 or else we gotta jump them 

• Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Isiaah Simmons and Epenesa would both be in the category as well as lots of teams need pass rushers.

So we will probably have a shot at the 3rd best OT or one of the WRs might drop to our spot.

There is undoubtedly at least one player who will skyrocket into the top ten in the off season that we do not expect right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If Kliff is staring at a Lamb or an OT, I am not sure he's taking the OT 

If you can add a WR1 in Lamb, who also played with your 2nd year QB you gotta take him Lamb shouldn’t get passed Arizona. Hopefully he gets to 11 though lol 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Mac was a GM that oversaw five drafts so anything is possible.

Going back to your original post I can't see Miami pulling that kind of trigger considering they are already picking high. I wouldn't mind moving down a slot or so and picking up a second or more depending on how the draft shakes out.

Yes I would be in favor of that. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well lets see:

Burrow

Chase Young

Okudah

Jeudy

Lamb

Andrew Thomas

probably one more QB

probably one more OT

I think Brown is the top DT so he’ll be going in the top 10 easily. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I think Brown is the top DT so he’ll be going in the top 10 easily. 

I could see him slide a bit because I don't see a passrusher at the NFL level.....he's just too big. He's really good but I don't view him as a ten sack kinda guy.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

From now to the combine to the draft everyone but the top guys are moving around the boards. 

Are you kidding me? Players that are ranked high right now will slide come draft day....it happens every single year. We have yet to finish the bowl games, the all star games, the combine, pro days, and the rumor mill. Nothing is close to being set in stone during this time of year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1