We got the 11th pick

Rhg1084

The only NEED IMO is OL. That's it.  WR comes in second, but it's distant. Everyone we have currently would be elevated by 2-4 more seconds of pocket time and some actual holes for the RB's.  
OL OL OL WR CB Edge 
I like it .. though maybe .. OL, QB, OL, OL, WR

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

Daniel Jeremiah thinks Jedrick Wills (Alabama) will end up being the first tackle taken, which should push someone down to us. If the first round shakes out the way it’s presented here, you can just take Wills or Biadasz and coast. Trade Adams for that Cowboys picks and get Wills and Biadasz.
Or ... Keep Adams and give Tom Shane the finger

I could easily make a case that WR is an even bigger need than Oline considering what free agents we have coming up. 
I get the need for Oline and you know I do. I've been begging this team to draft them for a decade now, not unlike how I want us to draft WR's or even burn a higher pick on a RB. 
Let's just hope JD completely ignores defense until the fourth round, if at all. This years draft aligns with our most crucial needs, so I'm only hoping JD doesn't screw it up and draft a defensive player early. Trotting out these bottom of the barrel offenses we've seen for what seems like forever now is getting old. 
Younger GenX Fantasy Football Ideology

Move Jamal to Dallas for their first (16 as of now) and whatever else you can get. He’s gonna want a massive deal a year from now and we need to rebuild basically the entire offense apart from slot wr,te,qb. Having their 1st would take pressure off Joe D in his first draft as a GM and will hopefully keep him from reaching on an OT, if he knows he can still get Biadasz or Humphrey at #16. If we’re lucky enough to get Wirfs or Wills at 12, and one of those guys at 16+free agency our Oline could realistically be rebuilt pretty quickly. We’d also have 2nd round, two 3rd rounders to add Edge/CB/OL/WR depth. Jamals a great player but moving him will put Sam and the entire offense in a better position to improve and that’s gotta be the plan. 
New thing called a frachise tag ... Jamal will be here forever ...

Well,  You know, they say you can find value anywhere in the draft. 

Just like a team can draft Vernon Gholston, Dee Millner, Blair Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Leonard Williams and totally blow any advantage they had in draft slotting.  Here's the only thing hat is certain about drafting... the people who know exactly what they are looking at. You have a draft like Bobby Beathard picked for the Redskins in '82 and you win the SB a year later,  Drafting always provides opportunity... it's just that or the Jets that is always an opportunity for failure.  Let's pray that Douglas and his staff know who the hell they are looking at.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Well,  You know, they say you can find value anywhere in the draft. 

Just like a team can draft Vernon Gholston, Dee Millner, Blair Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Leonard Williams and totally blow any advantage they had in draft slotting.  Here's the only thing hat is certain about drafting... the people who know exactly what they are looking at. You have a draft like Bobby Beathard picked for the Redskins in '82 and you win the SB a year later,  Drafting always provides opportunity... it's just that or the Jets that is always an opportunity for failure.  Let's pray that Douglas and his staff know who the hell they are looking at.

As GM of the San Diego Chargers, Bobby Beathard chose Ryan Leaf.

Just now, jetsons said:

As GM of the San Diego Chargers, Bobby Beathard chose Ryan Leaf.

So? Every GM has bad classes.... every one.  Ozzie Newsome's '04 draft class stinks.  NE for all their pick hording tendencies, when you average it out over the years... their hit rate still works out to league average.  They just are good at picking the right players.  One bad pick doesn't make you a terrible GM.  Five years of crap like Macc constantly missing on your depth picks.  That's what makes us the Jets

42 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

So? Every GM has bad classes.... every one.  Ozzie Newsome's '04 draft class stinks.  NE for all their pick hording tendencies, when you average it out over the years... their hit rate still works out to league average.  They just are good at picking the right players.  One bad pick doesn't make you a terrible GM.  Five years of crap like Macc constantly missing on your depth picks.  That's what makes us the Jets

Bingo. That’s the difference between going straight BAP and picking guys that theoretically fit your scheme/system. Draft is a crap shoot. Straight BAP is loser mode because you’ve added a new variable. Not only do you need to get lucky that the player can adjust to the NFL but also to a non-ideal system for his skills. Teams that excel at draft eliminate scheme fit variable as much as is feasible. Basically doubles your hit likelihood. 

13 hours ago, SR24 said:

Move Jamal to Dallas for their first (16 as of now) and whatever else you can get. He’s gonna want a massive deal a year from now and we need to rebuild basically the entire offense apart from slot wr,te,qb. Having their 1st would take pressure off Joe D in his first draft as a GM and will hopefully keep him from reaching on an OT, if he knows he can still get Biadasz or Humphrey at #16. If we’re lucky enough to get Wirfs or Wills at 12, and one of those guys at 16+free agency our Oline could realistically be rebuilt pretty quickly. We’d also have 2nd round, two 3rd rounders to add Edge/CB/OL/WR depth. Jamals a great player but moving him will put Sam and the entire offense in a better position to improve and that’s gotta be the plan. 

Why have draft picks if you trade the ones that actually work out every couple years. You guys are clueless on how rebuilds work. 

Harrison's horrible buff game notwithstanding, I can be ok with him back at C as long as both guards are upgraded. 3 new o-line at minimum.  I could ride with Beachum 1 more year too, but would gladly upgrade there if possible.  I really like Wirfs and Baidasz. Have to become more familiar with top G prospects. 

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Harrison's horrible buff game notwithstanding, I can be ok with him back at C as long as both guards are upgraded. 3 new o-line at minimum.  I could ride with Beachum 1 more year too, but would gladly upgrade there if possible.  I really like Wirfs and Baidasz. Have to become more familiar with top G prospects. 

Not a fan of Harrison. I’m sure JD watched a lot of tape & wasn’t impressed either & took a flyer on Kalil. We HAVE to hit on our draft picks at NEED! I’d have no problem if JD drafted Wirfs & seized on an opportunity to move up slightly with #2 for Biadesz. Even if it cost 1 of the 3s. 
chances are not good at hitting on all of your picks. Getting 2 starters for the Oline is imperative. If he signed Conklin & Haeg & drafted Wirfs & Biadesz id be really pumped. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Not a fan of Harrison. I’m sure JD watched a lot of tape & wasn’t impressed either & took a flyer on Kalil. We HAVE to hit on our draft picks at NEED! I’d have no problem if JD drafted Wirfs & seized on an opportunity to move up slightly with #2 for Biadesz. Even if it cost 1 of the 3s. 
chances are not good at hitting on all of your picks. Getting 2 starters for the Oline is imperative. If he signed Conklin & Haeg & drafted Wirfs & Biadesz id be really pumped. 

Not my favorite either, but I could see scenarios where he's back. Like you, I dont see getting Baidasz without a trade up, and that's not the strategy I like especially this year. If we got Conklin and Wirfs, who do you play out of position? Wirfs? Inside at RG?

12 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

People who lose at life want their team to lose in order to get a better draft pick. The kind of people who want to see a roach in their food so that they can get a free meal. Keep clear of that loser mentality and the losers who feel that way. Glad to see that you understand. 

If you found a roach in your meal why would you want a free meal? Wouldn’t you just go someplace else to eat? Unless of course you like the crunchy texture and creamy insides of a properly prepared roach. 

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty much don’t even put a single defensive player up on the big board. 

I wouldn’t mind picking a edge rusher in the 3rd if a good one is there.  I agree OL is the top priority but I don’t think we need to literally draft all offensive players. I wants OL or WR with at least 3 out of our first 4 picks.  But we still need a edge rusher and probably another corner.  We have 2 3rds so that might be a good spot to get one of them 

11 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I wouldn’t mind picking a edge rusher in the 3rd if a good one is there.  I agree OL is the top priority but I don’t think we need to literally draft all offensive players. I wants OL or WR with at least 3 out of our first 4 picks.  But we still need a edge rusher and probably another corner.  We have 2 3rds so that might be a good spot to get one of them 

Trade Adams.  Get 1 and 3.

1. O-Line

1. WR

2. O-Line

3. Edge

3. O-Line

3. CB

4. Strong Safety

5-7 Whatever (Any of RB, CB, O-lIne most likely)

That's a Draft, in general conceptual principal, I could very much support.

Add the best available O-line, WR and CB we can in FA (within reason, no more Trumain Johnsons!) and I'd say we're well reloaded for 2020.

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Depends on if we get picks for Prezmal or not. Depends on if Greg Williams is still here or not. The defense though lacking a legit edge rusher was at least serviceable and that’s without both  starting middle linebackers. Also, a patchwork secondary. Not sure we will be Seriously competing after a single draft anyhow .  Least on defense we got some nice work for some depth players 

Rather fix the offense so we can make a decision on Sam’s future.  Until we get him behind a semi consistent I line and a few playmakers that’s can at least play an entire season we are just flailing in the wind. Fix the offense next year and then fish for a beast edge year after. Just don’t feel like we can look at it as a single draft fix. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

1. O-Line

1. WR

2. O-Line

3. Edge

3. O-Line

3. CB

4. Strong Safety

Add the best available O-line, WR and CB we can in FA (within reason, no more Trumain Johnsons!) and I'd say we're well reloaded for 2020.

Well said Fish. Without moving Prezmal not sure how much defense we can really take. For no other reason that’s why you trade him. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The problem with trading up in the 2nd is that the Jets are picking 16th I believe, you may have to move up 12 spots or so to get Tyler, that may cost more than a 3rd. 

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Depends on if we get picks for Prezmal or not. Depends on if Greg Williams is still here or not. The defense though lacking a legit edge rusher was at least serviceable and that’s without both  starting middle linebackers. Also, a patchwork secondary. Not sure we will be Seriously competing after a single draft anyhow .  Least on defense we got some nice work for some depth players 

Rather fix the offense so we can make a decision on Sam’s future.  Until we get him behind a semi consistent I line and a few playmakers that’s can at least play an entire season we are just flailing in the wind. Fix the offense next year and then fish for a beast edge year after. Just don’t feel like we can look at it as a single draft fix. 

I’m all for fixing the offense.  Like I said at least 3 of our first 4 picks need to be offense

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Why have draft picks if you trade the ones that actually work out every couple years. You guys are clueless on how rebuilds work. 

If you want to pay a safety whatever ridiculous amount of money he's going to command then idk what to tell you. He's a great player but rebuilding an entire offense takes precedent over a safety. We had arguably the worst offense In the league, are likely losing Robby and our best olineman is a LT who's also going to be a free agent this offseason. Yes instead of trading a strong safety for a potential weapon or blue chip OL for  Darnold, lets keep the safety that wanted to play for another team halfway through the year, and whos also going to command a monster contract. Doesn't make sense to me 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. O-Line

1. WR

2. O-Line

3. Edge

3. O-Line

3. CB

4. Strong Safety

I’m not against trading Adams but I don’t want the Jets to just settle for a first and a third.  The Jets have a high asking price and I’m glad they are sticking to it.  I need at least a first and a second for Adams 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’m not against trading Adams but I don’t want the Jets to just settle for a first and a third.  The Jets have a high asking price and I’m glad they are sticking to it.  I need at least a first and a second for Adams 

You're not going to get it (IMO).  And I don't balk at a 1 and 3, personally.  I think Adams is materially over-valued by Jets Fans.  Yes, he's an All-Pro.  An All-Pro Safety who is average at best in pass coverage and is primarily used as a substitute pass-rushed Edge and run stopping MLB, all things you can and should be getting from your actual edge and MLB positions.

End of the day, to improve, we must take some risks.  This is one, a calculated risk to be sure, but a worthy one.  It's a passing league.  Replace Adams with the best pass-defending Safety possible to pair with Maye, and use your front liners and linebackers to run stop and pass rush.   

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're not going to get it (IMO).  And I don't balk at a 1 and 3, personally.  I think Adams is materially over-valued by Jets Fans.  Yes, he's an All-Pro.  An All-Pro Safety who is average at best in pass coverage and is primarily used as a substitute pass-rushed Edge and run stopping MLB, all things you can and should be getting from your actual edge and MLB positions.

End of the day, to improve, we must take some risks.  This is one, a calculated risk to be sure, but a worthy one.  It's a passing league.  Replace Adams with the best pass-defending Safety possible to pair with Maye, and use your front liners and linebackers to run stop and pass rush.   

You may be right.  But I do think somebody will get desperate especially with other teams involved.  Look I’m the first to admit I’m NOT a big Adams fan.  I think he acts childish a lot of times but the dude can play.  I agree he not quite elite like Donald but I think he is close.  Still young and in his rookie deal too.