Rumor: Rhule to Giants

I know nothing of him except what I read in this board, he wasn’t my first choice, I wanted McCarthy, this offseason will tell how smart that was but the one thing I do like about Rhule from what I’ve read is he seems the be the HC of the entire team. Not one of these guys that specialize on one side of the ball 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Xtina said:

I hated Williams for bountygate but Watching him do his job every Sunday on the Jets sideline it seems like that is not the same person who was involved with it. He seems like a steady consummate professional just doing his job as best as possible and not let anything get in his way. 

He looks several steps professionally above anything else the jets have had for years, like a real coach from the real nfl stepped into the team for a while. 

I would think bounty gate is long forgotten history at this point. Sean Payton certainly isn’t carrying the stink of it 

I understand your point, but remember that Williams was, in all likelihood, the creator of the bounty-rewards for his players injuring opponents.  It was his baby.  Payton, on the other hand, turned a blind eye to it all and let it continue.  In the minds of many, the culpability between the two would be different, even though some of us believe that Payton should have been every bit as liable, it was Williams that the NFL poured down on.  

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

False. 

Any quotes or articles to back that claim up?  I remember this as being reported as Gase's first big hire and Gase saying that he wanted, in effect, a defensive HC. 

In any event, I like GW and I'm glad that his name has not been floated for a HC opening and that no team has asked for permission to interview Greg.

4 hours ago, heymangold said:

thank you.  i'm still not sure why everyone is obsessed with this guy.

So you completely ignore the half dozen attempts to reasonably answer your question - and pat the cynical guy on the back complimenting your narrative. 

Next time, don’t fcking ask. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I really wanted Rhule last year.

Let the record reflect that Chris Johnson and Maccaggan (never learned to spell his name) were 100% ridiculed all over this site for even talking to Rhule last year. 

And btw, Rhule is not going to fix the Giants. Not as long as the guy who's trading picks to us for Leonard Williams still has his job.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So you completely ignore the half dozen attempts to reasonably answer your question - and pat the cynical guy on the back complimenting your narrative. 

Next time, don’t fcking ask. 

I didn’t know it was the Paradis board and my post was only there for you to answer. I understand your points but I still don’t see the luster of a guy that’s had 4 winning seasons in his career with low level programs.

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

According to #sources, #Giants brass is currently en route to New Orleans to meet with Baylor Coach Matt Rhule ahead of Wednesday's Sugar Bowl appearance. A deal is likely to get done and Rhule will be the next coach of the New York Football Giants wooof wooof woof please credit

https://twitter.com/leroyinsider/status/1211751844013387778?s=21

WhyTF would they do it the day before the Sugar Bowl ? Let the guy focus on his kids and the game. I hope he tells them to GFY.

12 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If I'm Haslam, I just admit I made a mistake and beg Williams to take the Browns job. He won more games in his interim stint than Hue Jackson won in 3 years.

I guess it's the Bountygate deal, he's a bit radioactive as a HC

I was totally in SHOCK when they passed over GW for the "in over his head" Kitchens. And Kitchens is an BAMA boy so that's saying a lot coming from me. ;-)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rhule is saying things that make me think he might actually stay at Baylor. He also turned down an offer to interview for the Browns job, according to Mortensen. 

I think he's correctly being very selective as to which NFL job he'd take. No sense leaving Baylor just to run into a meat grinder. It's got to be the right situation for him IMHO.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I didn’t know it was the Paradis board and my post was only there for you to answer. I understand your points but I still don’t see the luster of a guy that’s had 4 winning seasons in his career with low level programs.

it's not the paradis, board - it's just bad form to ignore a host of posters who took the time to answer a regular/familiar member's question - just so you could ignore it all and go trailer park boys with the one dude sippin' bud light, arms folded. 

I got you. I know what to expect moving forward. 

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Any quotes or articles to back that claim up?  I remember this as being reported as Gase's first big hire and Gase saying that he wanted, in effect, a defensive HC. 

In any event, I like GW and I'm glad that his name has not been floated for a HC opening and that no team has asked for permission to interview Greg.

I love when people say false things, then you point it out, then they ask for proof, then instead of providing any of their own they cite their foggy memory.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Chris Johnson settles for Gase, not Rhule, because he and Mac wanted to force Greg Williams on whomever they hired as HC.

Chris Johnson fires Mac.

Chris Johnson lets Gase pick his own GM.

Chris Johnson likely to watch Greg Williams go become a HC elsewhere after 1 season. Basically leaving the Jets with the ripple effect of wanting Greg Williams, but no Greg Williams.

Wonderful.

Meanwhile no one has scheduled Gregg Williams for an interview.   Don’t panic.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Meanwhile no one has scheduled Gregg Williams for an interview.   Don’t panic.

I like him here.  He says he wants to stay.  As long as he is here, there is always that chance, remote as it may be, that he can instantly replace Gase when the moment comes.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I love when people say false things, then you point it out, then they ask for proof, then instead of providing any of their own they cite their foggy memory.

Well you just said something that's false and I'm pointing it out to you.

For you to be so sure that you're right you must have conclusive proof other than your memory.

Provide it or stop with the above BS type posts.

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Chris Johnson settles for Gase, not Rhule, because he and Mac wanted to force Greg Williams on whomever they hired as HC.

Chris Johnson fires Mac.

Chris Johnson lets Gase pick his own GM.

Chris Johnson likely to watch Greg Williams go become a HC elsewhere after 1 season. Basically leaving the Jets with the ripple effect of wanting Greg Williams, but no Greg Williams.

Wonderful.

Have you heard of any team asking to interview Williams?

We've seen a ton of candidates get interviews for various teams yet none for Williams.

You have any explanation for that? You seem to know the value of coaches better than the rest of us so waiting for your detailed response.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Well you just said something that's false and I'm pointing it out to you.

For you to be so sure that you're right you must have conclusive proof other than your memory.

Provide it or stop with the above BS type posts.

You’re literally doing the exact same thing.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Have you heard of any team asking to interview Williams?

We've seen a ton of candidates get interviews for various teams yet none for Williams.

You have any explanation for that? You seem to know the value of coaches better than the rest of us so waiting for your detailed response.

The season ended 2 days ago, it’s New Year’s Eve on one of those days... and I said likely. Go on with your straw man tho

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

it's not the paradis, board - it's just bad form to ignore a host of posters who took the time to answer a regular/familiar member's question - just so you could ignore it all and go trailer park boys with the one dude sippin' bud light, arms folded. 

I got you. I know what to expect moving forward. 

The real question is are you back for the draft this year? Or are you still out? 

• Upvote 1