2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

20 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

When we were in Canton, we went to the Hall. Fireman Ed is in there as a fan (there's one for each team). Took a picture of Namath and Maynard's busts and left. It is just not Cooperstown

I thought both were disappointing. I liked them both but it’s like women say after sex with me.....  they expected more. 

• Haha 3

Get yourself some offensive linemen, friends, and prosper. The difference in these games is pressure on the QB and the ability to get four years per rush. If your QB has a pulse and you can block a good DE, you’re a top ten offense in this league. If you don’t have that, you’re doomed.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Get yourself some offensive linemen, friends, and prosper. The difference in these games is pressure on the QB and the ability to get four years per rush. If your QB has a pulse and you can block a good DE, you’re a top ten offense in this league. If you don’t have that, you’re doomed.

Now perhaps bother were hurt-Watt coming back early from an injury, Clowney during the game. But Clowney and Watt were total nonfactors today. And that is OL. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Of course. But don’t act like playcalling and scheme isn’t just as important. Gase is bad at both. And makes poor adjustments. Watching the teams this weekend versus the play schemes of what the Jets roll out week in and week out is striking. 

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Wilsob.  "THAT MVP IS MINE NOW!  IWANT IT!"

Wilson and the Seahawks are just so damn hard to kill  You have them down, but they keep coming back.  Rodgers is going to have to keep scoring, because I think Seattle scores on every possession from here on out.  They won't be stopped in the 4th quarter.

I have seen this act before.  And so have the Packers.  This one is not over yet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Of course. But don’t act like playcalling and scheme isn’t just as important. Gase is bad at both. And makes poor adjustments. Watching the teams this weekend versus the play schemes of what the Jets roll out week in and week out is striking. 

It doesn’t matter what play you call if you can’t block it. There is no scheme that can overcome bad interior line play. Conversely, good OL play makes a lot of average players and coaches look like savants

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Never, ever take the Cleveland job.

Honestly, though, that was one of my main takeaways from the book.  That Pettine was a serious, legitimate coach, and that the team saw the whole Wilkerson thing coming... so much so, that they were somewhat reluctant to draft him.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TeddEY said:

Honestly, though, that was one of my main takeaways from the book.  That Pettine was a serious, legitimate coach, and that the team saw the whole Wilkerson thing coming... so much so, that they were somewhat reluctant to draft him.

I agree, but what I also took from CLC was that Pettine was kind of an ambitious malcontent who didn’t mind throwing superiors under the bus when it was expeditious to his career aims. On the one hand, good for him because Rex was a clown, but in the other hand, it’s a bad trait in a presumed leader.

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

i dont know what Russell Wilson is doing , i was told by Jets fans everywhere that if your OL is awful and you get pressure every snap (which is the case with Seattle tonight) there is no way you can play...

Yep.  I thought for sure he'd just give up out there.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Those McConaughey Lincoln commercials are 1000x worse than those Baker Mayfield commercials, I don't even want to hear it.

They’re weird commercials in the same way that those awful Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials are weird: two highly successful young guys portrayed as isolated misanthropes who can barely tolerate interpersonal human relationships 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

i dont know what Russell Wilson is doing , i was told by Jets fans everywhere that if your OL is awful and you get pressure every snap (which is the case with Seattle tonight) there is no way you can play...

Well it is true.  Wilson having a great game despite the oline  and I’m giving him big props but most of the time his oline is pretty good. Our oline sucks all the time.  It’s not an excuse 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I agree, but what I also took from CLC was that Pettine was kind of an ambitious malcontent who didn’t mind throwing superiors under the bus when it was expeditious to his career aims. On the one hand, good for him because Rex was a clown, but in the other hand, it’s a bad trait in a presumed leader.

Pettine was also always a camera hog. ESPN featured him when he was a high school coach way back when. I've heard he doesnt want the spotlight anymore and is content being a coordinator.

• Upvote 1