College National Championship Game Thread...

Beerfish

Just now, RobR said:

I'm on record for two WR and two OT with our first four picks but I'd love to jerry rig a RB in there. What a year to need offense.

I'm not one that wants to trade Adams for picks but I totally get it those whom are.

At this point i am of the opinion they will not be trading Adams.  But i can see them trading back in the first round if OL can be had a few spots back.  

Watching the playoffs, I’m reminded how good teams start with a good OL, which sets up the run and pass.  I can’t justify taking a wr in the first.  They need OL and real rbs who can help darnold out in the passing game. 

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You quoted him too soon. Nico couldn't help himself, he had to throw in a disclaimer.

I didn't read the small print 

Let's see if he can do a darnold  and jump of his back foot and punt it to the other team ,its not easy you know 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Have you ever heard him say words?

He's a good man. People love him down here.

I like him a lot, but the Clemson program has a really strong "born again" vibe going on. It's a little over the top.

Fits the area though. You can't go a mile down here without passing a Baptist church. Sunday services go on for 4-5 hours at a time.

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Sam's better than Burrow. 

Here we go with this comparison. Stop it already. Burrow is a better QB than Darnold this point in college. But Burrow is a senior and Darnold came out as a junior. I would of loved to see his senior year.  We just can't compare.  Coming out in the Draft I would of picked Burrow but again we didn't see Darnold as a senior.  And that is a big thing. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I like him a lot, but the Clemson program has a really strong "born again" vibe going on. It's a little over the top.

Fits the area though. You can't go a mile down here without passing a Baptist church. Sunday services go on for 4-5 hours at a time.

I don’t even notice it anymore.....

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Meh the religion thing is what it is but His face and the words that come out of his mouth irritate me. 

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I don’t even notice it anymore.....

Me neither, but when friends or family come down it's one of the things they always notice.

NYers are cynical by nature, but the locals down here are good people. It has to be hard for them to watch so many people from Northern statess come down to their area. 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Me neither, but when friends or family come down it's one of the things they always notice.

NYers are cynical by nature, but the locals down here are good people. It has to be hard for them to watch so many people from other areas come down to their area. 

People have a way of life for generations, that fits them.  Them a bunch of people come in, raise the property costs, and vote to change their way of life.

I've lived in 2 areas where that happened.  The locals do not like it

• Sympathy 1