Rumor: Bears Trying Trade Up To #2 Using Khalil Mack

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

There’s so many other qbs they can sign and not mortgage draft capital.

Rivers looked awful playing with far better talent than what is on the bears roster. 

Brady isn't going to Chicago. 

What's left? Maybe Jameis. Mariotta who sucks?

Bears know they need a long term answer at QB and trubisky isn't that guy. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Gotta be Tua, right?

I guess.  I sure do not value him and Hebert like most it seems.  I think Burrow is the real deal but Tua is a big risk, not just due to health.

You would think the Bears would have to add to that as well, as Wash can just draft a cheap and younger chase young

44 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

There’s so many other qbs they can sign and not mortgage draft capital.

Yup, don't believe it for a second. Nagy & co. would be climbing the walls after essentially going all in their roster to win now -- only to trade up for an injured/or raw QB... 

I don't buy it. 

They're more likely to kick the Dalton tires, pay Winston... Even Rivers 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Forgive my college football ignorance but is chase young a sure thing to be a stud ?( as sure of a thing as a draft pick could be)

Some are calling him a game breaking talent like Bosa.  I mean, not that Mack isn't up there too but cost controlled premium talent like Young is rare

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The last time the Jets had a pass rusher, they went to the playoffs 3x in a 4 year period.  

How many Super Bowl did that get them? I don’t care about them sneaking into the playoffs. I want them to win a freaking Super Bowl before I die of old age or drink myself to death watching them try. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

How many Super Bowl did that get them? I don’t care about them sneaking into the playoffs. I want them to win a freaking Super Bowl before I die of old age or drink myself to death watching them try. 

You gotta actually go to the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. Eventually if you go enough times you can break through -- see Andy Reid for more information.

16 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

They're not trading Khalil Mack lol, it would put something like $50M dead money on the Bears cap.

People can just make up anything and throw it out onto Twitter these days I guess

I looked at otc and it would be a $4.2 cap hit with over $30 million in dead money if he were traded before June 1st. They only have 5.5 mil in cap space right now but it looks like a bunch of easy cuts to get space if they need.

It does seem far fetched with all the dead money.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

8.5 sacks in 16 games last year.

I'm sure there's an excuse or two but if we had traded 2 first round picks for him and he did that in year 2 for us jetnation would need to create a sub-forum for all the threads started about how much he sucks..

5 forced fumbles, 6 forced fumbles the years before and a guy that has to be double or chipped on most plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

We haven’t won a SB in 50 years, and you’re quibbling over how impactful a pass rusher is based on how many SBs the Jets won WITH a pass rush?

Ask the Giants how important it is.

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Im unfamiliar with the source .  

Former DT backup who once had a radio show in San Diego (canceled). 

Was fired from 3 radio stations for stupid inappropriate remarks.

You're right, he seems like a flake. Came up in my feed because I followed someone who liked or commented on it I guess. I saw the blue check mark and saw the comment about his radio show and thought it was legit. I should have looked into it more before posting.

• Upvote 1