You Have $10: Who You Taking???

bla bla bla

This is genius.  Really focuses on the issues.  

• I note that PFF published their list of the 50 Top Free Agents and where they expected to sign, and only ONE (1) (Poole) was expected to sign with the Jets.
  • You truly build through the draft.  I would sign:
    • Ngakoue-$4 (young and healthy enough).
    • Bulaga-$1
    • Poole-$2
    • Perriman-$1 (changed from Darby)
    • Glasgow-$2
  • I can really see Douglas do something like this.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The way I see it:

• Clowney-no one has ever gotten their money worth from him.   Does not seem like a Douglas player.
  • Jones-I almost picked him.  But seems too early for the Jets to make that investment.  A Gilmore-like signing, but not as good.
  • Cooper-He will be more like $6 or $7.
  • Conklin-Injury history makes the investment perilous.
  • Scherff-See Conklin, but worse as a Guard.
  • Anderson-May be worst value on the entire list.
  • Ngakoue-this one seems worth it.
  • Thuney-only a G, but I could be convinced.  Would rather spend on Yannick and get four good FAs.
  • Roby-Would rather draft a CB in round 2 or 3.  See Jones.
  • Bradberry-see Roby and Jones. 
  • Dupree-Contact year wonder.  Pass.
  • Green-See Art Monk.
  • Fowler-Not a Jet, on a personal level.
  • Poole-he should have been signed already and not be on the list.  If we don't sign him, sign someone else.
  • Sanders-would rather take a chance on Perriman and bring DT back.
  • Glasgow-C or G, sign me up.
  • Quinn-pass
  • Darby-if not Poole worth a chance.
  • Perriman-see Sanders-would rather three of him than Robby.
  • Bulaga-draft OL and use him as Hold the Fort
  • Upvote 1

Jordan Jenkins should also be an option, no? 

Love Quinn, Bulaga, and Perriman for that value. Quinn had 11.5 sacks last year and he's worth a dollar? Whens the last time a Jet had 11.5 sacks....Abraham? Lol

Probably go with Quinn, Bulaga, Poole, Glasgow, and Ngakoue. Best value, imo. Ngakoue, Poole, and Glasgow all are good players and mostly young and Quinn/Bulaga can be valuable as Vets who have experience but can still produce.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Saw PFF made one of these so I decided to make one closer to our needs

Thuney, Glasgow, Quinn, Darby Perriman and Bulaga.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Scherff, Glasgow, Bulaga, Quinn, Darby, Perriman... we have lots of needs. Do this, then learn how to draft their replacements.

Exactly! 

I just like Thuney much more than Scherff. But this is the idea for sure to me. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is genius.  Really focuses on the issues.  

• I note that PFF published their list of the 50 Top Free Agents and where they expected to sign, and only ONE (1) (Poole) was expected to sign with the Jets.
  • You truly build through the draft.  I would sign:
    • Ngakoue-$4 (young and healthy enough).
    • Bulaga-$1
    • Poole-$2
    • Perriman-$1 (changed from Darby)
    • Glasgow-$2
  • I can really see Douglas do something like this.  

Right. The more I think about it, I am really leaning this way. I hope JD turns out to have a nose for talent but can figure out the value play. 

Conklin and Cooper would be the big splashes and they are great, but filling all of those holes like you did here with quality if not unspectacular guys is much smarter imo. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorta expecting the market for Thuney and Scherff to balloon to Conklins level.  There's like 5 good OL in the entire FA pool, and the draft really only has 2 really elite players.  Meanwhile there are multiple needy teams which don't have a single serviceable starting lineman and with a lot of money to spend.

It's really unfortunate that our positions of the most need (Wr and OL) have by far the worst pickings in recent memory.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Jordan Jenkins should also be an option, no? 

Love Quinn, Bulaga, and Perriman for that value. Quinn had 11.5 sacks last year and he's worth a dollar? Whens the last time a Jet had 11.5 sacks....Abraham? Lol

Probably go with Quinn, Bulaga, Poole, Glasgow, and Ngakoue. Best value, imo. Ngakoue, Poole, and Glasgow all are good players and mostly young and Quinn/Bulaga can be valuable as Vets who have experience but can still produce.

Haha I put Quinn there for age and how he graded out on my FMK series. I also think he benefited from DeMarcus Lawrence too