You Have $10: Who You Taking???

bla bla bla

3 hours ago, Hael said:

I'm sorta expecting the market for Thuney and Scherff to balloon to Conklins level.  There's like 5 good OL in the entire FA pool, and the draft really only has 2 really elite players.  Meanwhile there are multiple needy teams which don't have a single serviceable starting lineman and with a lot of money to spend.

It's really unfortunate that our positions of the most need (Wr and OL) have by far the worst pickings in recent memory.

This is my biggest reason for shelling out big bucks to Ngakoue. With 5 good OL on the market it's unrealistic to think we get 2 of them when there are like 20 teams fighting for them.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I get the exercise but we have more than $10 to spend in this store.  

Funny, I think we have less.  I would be surprised to see us get $10 worth of players off this list no matter how we spend.

Just now, freestater said:

Conklin, Glasgow, Bradberry 

I think my initial thought was that Bradberry was a bargain.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Funny, I think we have less.  I would be surprised to see us get $10 worth of players off this list no matter how we spend.

Exactly.  There are 32 people shopping in the same store, and only 1 of each item in stock.  And some of these items may be taken off the sales floor before the store even opens in March.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

On average $1 is equal to about $3.5mm-$4mm, so you would think we have more than $40mm to spend. 

Exactly.

Another way of looking at it, we're going to sign a Conklin type and resign Robby and then are done?

We can't sign a Scherff type

Pooles gone?  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.

Another way of looking at it, we're going to sign a Conklin type and resign Robby and then are done?

We can't sign a Scherff type

Pooles gone?  

This is also cap space, not cash. 

For this model, the Jets have around $13 to spend.  They can do a lot with that.  But that will likely require Woody to post well over $100mm in guarantee escrows and bonuses.  That is the problem.  

NFL teams have very strong cash flow.  The NFL would promote more parity if they backstopped guaranties at the league level and did not require teams to post.  They can always deduct from teams’ TV contract payments later 

Why do you think the Bengals avoid FA?  They don’t have as much cash.