Who is your favorite member of the NY Jets flight crew?

One game a couple of years ago, someone in front of us brought a guest who spent the whole game with his binos trained on the closest group of Flight Crew (there is one in each corner) while providing a running commentary.  In his defense it was one of "those games"

After awhile his host said, "C'mon, I thought you came here to see the Jets". 

Bino Guy replied, "Aw, the Jets suck"

The host just looked at him and said, "Yeah? In your case, they wouldn't , so just watch the $%#$ game" 

Fans can be entertaining sometimes

• Upvote 1

I've always been ambivalent about having cheerleaders.  They are there to be eye candy and not much else.  It seems pretty silly.  On the other hand, it probably gives a few people jobs and the exposure is probably helpful to the cheerleaders in their career if they are professional dancers or performers.  Something to put on a resume.  I can take it or leave it.  I'd rather see a woman's professional football league where they were FULL pads and uniform.  

I thought both Nancy's from a few years ago were really nice..

I actually appreciate what they do - they're quite the athletes and work out like crazy.  Competition is pretty fierce and they do community events so.. PLUS there's nothing but rumors going on at the moment so it helps pass the time.   But I appreciate what they bring to this franchise.  I'm not a fan of mascots.. but the tradition of the NFL has some weight to it to me.

Sort of a long story short - I went to my first NFL game last October at Metlife during that MNF disaster against the patriots... but I was sitting in a train station on my way to the stadium and I spotted 4 Jets Cheerleaders in jump suits... I didn't want to say anything or freak them out and they looked busy like they were going to catch a van ride or something but...soon as I saw them I knew some of their names... was really cool to watch them go from tryouts to making it all the way to the NFL.

558093e206b2ed7b4d89d86d111f7bb6.jpg

11 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

The ones that are paid a decent wage considering how much time and training they put in.  So none basically. 

If you’re gonna internet white knight you should do it where the girl whose honor you are defending is actually present 

7 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

I thought both Nancy's from a few years ago were really nice..

I actually appreciate what they do - they're quite the athletes and work out like crazy.  Competition is pretty fierce and they do community events so.. PLUS there's nothing but rumors going on at the moment so it helps pass the time.   But I appreciate what they bring to this franchise.  I'm not a fan of mascots.. but the tradition of the NFL has some weight to it to me.

Sort of a long story short - I went to my first NFL game last October at Metlife during that MNF disaster against the patriots... but I was sitting in a train station on my way to the stadium and I spotted 4 Jets Cheerleaders in jump suits... I didn't want to say anything or freak them out and they looked busy like they were going to catch a van ride or something but...soon as I saw them I knew some of their names... was really cool to watch them go from tryouts to making it all the way to the NFL.

558093e206b2ed7b4d89d86d111f7bb6.jpg

200.gif

50 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Ever notice the women who get upset about  women utilizing their healthy good looks being all fit, trim, athletic and sexy never look all fit, trim, athletic and sexy?

Along with that, there is an overlooked double standard for mean and women that use their physicality to earn a living.  Take a female pole dancer or *LEGALLY EMPLOYED* prostitute.  People that are opposed to that type of work would cite that the women are being objectified and degraded.  It is a fair point of view for a person to have, but that same person also overlooks objectification and abuse of men for their physicality.  What the hell do they think a sport like football or boxing is ??? The men are socialized with all sort of macho notions about physical and mental strength.  They go to practice and get the snot beat out of them.  They take the field or the ring to hit and be hit.

How many pole dances are going to live with chronic pain, CTE, dementia and injuries that just wont go away after their pole dancing days are over ??? 

If you give it a good look, men take a far worse beating with respect to objectification and societal pressures of what masculinity should be.

It is all overlooked because of the social stigma of being a sex worker.  No problem if your brains get battered into pudding playing football.   Ya did good out there, kid.  But if you used your body to provide a sexual service of any kind. you are BAD NEWS !!!! You were USED and OBJECTIFIED and you are DIRTY.  You touched other people with your body !