NBA suspends the season until further notice

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Green wave has been a solid poster for quite a bit and seems like a relatively level headed guy. You sound like a total buffoon and a jackass. Sit this out.

And yet that post made him sound like a prick.

Some old people are dying and now I can’t go to Disneyworld. Woe is me.

These a difficult situations to navigate. You do not want to be callous in handling a public health crisis. Football has the benefit right now of having an extended offseason at this time of year, so I do not think it will affect the sport very much in the short term. I can't imagine that there will be fans at the draft. Most of the upcoming events at this point can be done remotely. It will make for a lowered entertainment value, but pandemics are inconveniencing...  

7 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I'm in Austin, TX and the only reason there isn't acknowledged community spread here is because they are unable to test for it.  All of central Texas is limited to 25 tests per day.  25!

Private sector efficiency baby!

I think the NFL is going to be affected. It looks like some teams may not go to pro days and who knows about the draft.

Crap is really starting to get on my nerves. NBA is shutdown, my guess is that the NHL in next. NCAA tournament is going to be played in empty arenas, who knows about MLB.

Sucks

11 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I think the NFL is going to be affected. It looks like some teams may not go to pro days and who knows about the draft.

Crap is really starting to get on my nerves. NBA is shutdown, my guess is that the NHL in next. NCAA tournament is going to be played in empty arenas, who knows about MLB.

Sucks

All of the games are going to get suspended at some point.  Nhl, ncaa, mlb.  Even if its just because there are bans on public gatherings.  Even games without fans have enough people needed to be over the crowd limits that states are imposing.  Its just a matter of time.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Nonsense... China just curbed this thing in 30 days... the idea that cases will exponentially increase after the absurd measures that the entire world is taking is illogical. 

That’s bc in places like China and Taiwan you can build a hospital from scratch in less than a week to treat people meanwhile we can’t even test people here in the USA

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Butterfield said:

and, no, I’m not paranoid.  I am realistic.  I know that I am going to get it, just as most everyone will.  Not much any of us can really do about it.

I'm not paranoid but the entire human population is going to get this thing...

sounds legit. 

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

And one more thing..... because it needs to be said:

next time someone tells you you have no need to own a so called military style assault rifle and a few thousand rounds of ammo, remember what is happening now.

not saying its this is coming, just saying that things of THIS NATURE are possible and here we go

Huh?

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

And one more thing..... because it needs to be said:

next time someone tells you you have no need to own a so called military style assault rifle and a few thousand rounds of ammo, remember what is happening now.

not saying its this is coming, just saying that things of THIS NATURE are possible and here we go

Is this it?  End of the world?  Good thing I've been watching walking dead.  These guys that wear the deads skin are really ahead of the curve. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not paranoid but the entire human population is going to get this thing...

sounds legit. 

How does that make me paranoid?  I am not running around like crazy or locking myself away.   

In fact, I bet a lot more people have already had it than know.  The fact that most will get it is not my opinion.  That is the educated opinion of leading viral and infectious disease experts.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I posted something about times like this and the need to own an ar15 but deleted it because its too political.

but good friends .....those that chose to exercise their 2 nd amendment rights please stock up, be safe, and never be a victim

You must be good aim, to be able to shoot a virus like that.  

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

How does that make me paranoid?  I am not running around like crazy or locking myself away.   

In fact, I bet a lot more people have already had it than know.  The fact that most will get it is not my opinion.  That is the educated opinion of leading viral and infectious disease experts.  

Except, for of course, the doctor here who provided a fairly straight forward position on why this shouldnt be the end of the world. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Except, for of course, the doctor here who provided a fairly straight forward position on why this shouldnt be the end of the world. 

Ill say it again,

World renown viral and infectious disease experts > some guy playing doctor on a jets message board.  

Besides, no one said it was the end of the world.  

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Walking around telling people you are convinced you're going to contract it and that they will too, sounds extremely paranoid, to say the least.  I dont know a single person that shares this sentiment. 

Just now, JiF said:

Walking around telling people you are convinced you're going to contract it and that they will too, sounds extremely paranoid, to say the least.  I dont know a single person that shares this sentiment. 

70%+ of the population will get it.  Thats not my opinion.  That is opinion of people who study these things on a daily basis.  I am not paranoid at all because of that.  I am more worried about drug shortages than anything else.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I would guess anyone that already has it. 

Honestly, @Maxman, can I make a suggestion that any of these threads about coronavirus be solely here for the constructive exchange of information?

You don’t allow politics here for good reason, and at this point the people in these threads arguing against science are doing so with political bias. There’s no other rational explanation for vehemently denying the facts as presented to us by the CDC and WHO. This isn’t some conspiracy that the entire world is in on.

If people want to use this as a means of defending their rationalizations for our governments bad behavior, let them eff off and do it elsewhere. 

JN is a good community. Community is born out of considering what you can do to help your neighbor. This thread has done truly disheartening crap in it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You must be good aim, to be able to shoot a virus like that.  

When panic erupts, if it does of course, and the market tanks, which it may, and supplies are low, which might happen, people will resort to stealing. its really not that far fetched. Again, not too concerned about that but being prepared is always better than not being prepared. You can goof all you like but its the truth buddy

3 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

You're operating under the belief that our government, of any kind led by any party or any figured, loved or hated, is competent. 

I'm operating under the belied that any government, led by any individual, couldn't govern themselves out of a wet paper bag with a M-1 tank. 

No not at all. I’m under no delusion whatsoever. In fact, I was just trying to state the obvious to those who insist that this is being overhyped and this govt  has an ulterior motive.  Bottom line, this is being downplayed, information and testing suppressed in order for these clowns to deceive the nation and ‘save face’. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, @Maxman, can I make a suggestion that any of these threads about coronavirus be solely here for the constructive exchange of information?

You don’t allow politics here for good reason, and at this point the people in these threads arguing against science are doing so with political bias. There’s no other rational explanation for vehemently denying the facts as presented to us by the CDC and WHO. This isn’t some conspiracy that the entire world is in on.

If people want to use this as a means of defending their rationalizations for our governments bad behavior, let them eff off and do it elsewhere. 

JN is a good community. Community is born out of considering what you can do to help your neighbor. This thread has done truly disheartening crap in it.

you are right. I am sorry