Enunwa

13 minutes ago, phill1c said:

...that you can understand. I mean the guy didn't just walk into the job from the street. He had experience building up to it and probably didn't just do it the way he did it for no reason.

I'm a little wary of saying it's "dumbest contract ever..." when, in reality, it's just a contract that didn't reach its maximum utilization. It happens frequently. It's not really hurting the Jets now...and, among the issues with GMing and player contracts, it's really negligible as to its harmful effects.

Among dumber Jets contracts: Neil O'Donnell, Tim Tebow, Justin McCareins, Ryan Kalil, Brian Winters.

No, it's the dumbest contract ever. The guy was coming back from a broken neck had never shown an ability to stay healthy and we gave a contract with an injury guarantee. If the contract had not been guaranteed for injury, fine, but as it was it just defied all logic.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No, it's the dumbest contract ever. The guy was coming back from a broken neck had never shown an ability to stay healthy and we gave a contract with an injury guarantee. If the contract had not been guaranteed for injury, fine, but as it was it just defied all logic.

Ok, obviously, your criteria for "dumbness" is that you want to call it that...and nothing else really. It's not like he's paying Enunwa Franchise WR money. Good lord, man. It didn't work out and it's costing the Jets, so far...how much?

Wait, why am I arguing dumbness with you, clearly you're the expert … ;-) [Joe King]

22 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Lol. His salary is guaranteed on 3/22. He has an injury clause. He isn’t going anywhere unless he’s traded.

If the coach and or gm does not like him or want him around they will eat whatever penalties they face, that deal was made by mac.

You can not possibly go into the season with him on the roster - he’s fine for camp but keeping him on the roster is simply one less spot for someone that has a chance of staying healthy.

Q won’t make it past week 3 if he’s on the team.   Having him take reps away from someone else is just bad management.  He’ll be cut as soon as it makes fiscal sense.

Enunwa is basically the highest paid person in America going to PT with no end game.  

He is not playing football again, but until he finds a doctor who will say that he cannot play football ever again, he needs to rehab, every day, and work like he is trying to come back.  My guess is that, if he stops working, he stops getting paid.  And no Veterans Day lunches with his veteran wife.  

I feel bad for the guy, but I don't see him coming back.  Maybe the new CBA allows him to be cut sooner, although this is what injury settlements are supposed to be for.  

I’m aMac hater and I was one before it became cool but the Q contract at least made some sense.  He was a good WR here and showed chemistry with Sam.  Unfortunately his body just fell apart 

what were the alternatives? Donte Moncreif?  Yuck