Enunwa

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

You sure about that? I remember reading that it made zero sense to cut him since his cap hit and salaries were almost identical.

https://overthecap.com/player/quincy-enunwa/3148/

The Jets would just carry a dead money hit of $3.6 million into next year bc of the June 1st rules.  The cap is supposed to go up $20-$30 million in 2021 so they can absorb $12 million between Johnson and Enunwa if they wanted to. 

Honestly, him and darnold looked pretty good together in year one. I don’t have any confidence Quincy can stay healthy but with question marks at the position and the Jets not really looking like they’ll be ready to compete for the division, I’m ok with him sticking around for one more season. Maybe he can get healthy and can be a nice piece to the offense.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Honestly, him and darnold looked pretty good together in year one. I don’t have any confidence Quincy can stay healthy but with question marks at the position and the Jets not really looking like they’ll be ready to compete for the division, I’m ok with him sticking around for one more season. Maybe he can get healthy and can be a nice piece to the offense.

It is what it is.  Q looked really good with Sam early in 2018 and his body just fell apart.  Sucks

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

That Enunwa Contract will forever haunt my dreams.... Dude came off a neck injury and Coffee Stain gave him 9 mill  a year with injury guarantees .... Made absolutely no sense at the time  hindsight makes it vomit inducing..... I'd like to never speak of Quincy again ... I liked Q and his aggressive style, however the dude was a glass cannon and was never able to stay on the field. The contract was about Mac saving face and saying someone he drafted was worth signing longer term ..... That contract was put forth for all the wrong reasons.

I thought Idzik drafted Q? 

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

That Enunwa Contract will forever haunt my dreams.... Dude came off a neck injury and Coffee Stain gave him 9 mill  a year with injury guarantees .... Made absolutely no sense at the time  hindsight makes it vomit inducing..... I'd like to never speak of Quincy again ... I liked Q and his aggressive style, however the dude was a glass cannon and was never able to stay on the field. The contract was about Mac saving face and saying someone he drafted was worth signing longer term ..... That contract was put forth for all the wrong reasons.

Mac didnt draft him   He was one of the Idzik 14

Mac didn't draft him. idzik did. Hindsight is what fans do. Not fair. It does give everybody something to talk about. bitch about.

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Mac didnt draft him   He was one of the Idzik 14

Yeah I think blacked out pretty hard after that 14 pick mess.... And then I put Idzik in a little box in the back of my mind and locked it ....  I give the board my mea culpa for the mistake.

Somewhere along the line of failure and complete ineptitude they merged into Maczik in my mind... The unholy abomination.

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Mac didn't draft him. idzik did. Hindsight is what fans do. Not fair. It does give everybody something to talk about. bitch about.

Mac objectively was not very good at his Job as a GM here. Hindsight is what logical people do when assessing their mistakes in life in general, as there is valuable information that can be gleaned from that hindsight and reflection.

In "hindsight" we should have given that 3 year 9 mil per to Robby then we wouldn't be having any discussion about the dead money we carry with Enunwa or giving an excess of that to Robby now. Maybe if we take that information into account the next time a similar decision arises we can use it to make a more prudent decision.

Not fair .... I wonder if that is what Macc said on his way out the door.

• Upvote 3

Dumbest contract ever. There was zero ratioinal though behind it

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Mac objectively was not very good at his Job as a GM here. Hindsight is what logical people do when assessing their mistakes in life in general, as there is valuable information that can be gleaned from that hindsight and reflection.

In "hindsight" we should have given that 3 year 9 mil per to Robby then we wouldn't be having any discussion about the dead money we carry with Enunwa or giving an excess of that to Robby now. Maybe if we take that information into account the next time a similar decision arises we can use it to make a more prudent decision.

Not fair .... I wonder if that is what Macc said on his way out the door.

I wish i could go back and post all the comments about how happy they were Enunwa was resigned. I never thought much of him. Drop percentage was too high,. Which is why i would have rather resigned Robby for millions less than Cooper, who has the same problem with drops.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Dumbest contract ever. There was zero ratioinal though behind it

...that you can understand. I mean the guy didn't just walk into the job from the street. He had experience building up to it and probably didn't just do it the way he did it for no reason.

I'm a little wary of saying it's "dumbest contract ever..." when, in reality, it's just a contract that didn't reach its maximum utilization. It happens frequently. It's not really hurting the Jets now...and, among the issues with GMing and player contracts, it's really negligible as to its harmful effects.

Among dumber Jets contracts: Neil O'Donnell, Tim Tebow, Justin McCareins, Ryan Kalil, Brian Winters.

• Upvote 1