Word from the outside of the inside

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have a guy who has somewhat of an inside scoop from the Jets and this is what he told me. Take it for what it is. Rumor. 

The Jets believe they can resign Robby and are almost ready to impress more urgency on him in the next 24-48 hours. They have had talks with other WR's but are waiting for Robby first.  They may sign another even if Robby is retained but they want to know his number first.  

That's not all that new and most of us kinda know that already. Now here for the actual news...

The Jets may have the preliminaries worked out with the Browns for an obj trade. If they cannot retain Robby they will switch gears and work on making that happen with the Browns. The problem is odell's contract and they will not pay both Robby and Beckham.  Robby remains preferred. 

He did not know the specific compensation but said it may include both player and draft capital. He told me that he believed there to be 2021 stuff involved. 

I don't know how I feel if this were to hav truth to it. Any thoughts? 

If this is true OBJ>>>>Robby any day of the week!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

We can get Odell but only if we can't get Robby is terrible logic. Get the better player and then worry about the lesser one.

Its how they value robby. There are reasons like continuity, team attitude etc, comfort for sam etc. I dont think anyone has any illusions on Robby being outright better than odell, but the team could grab a potential #1 in the draft for cheap. They are going to keep the guy they have or pivot. 

• Upvote 1

It would be at least a first and third in terms of draft compensation.  Probably much more (like a 2) because the Browns would eat most of his contract.  We’d be getting a relatively cheap elite tier 1 asset for four years.

Would likely require a player as well to sweeten the deal.  Williams maybe.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Most people will get all bent out of shape if we pick up OBJ.  (I think he is WAY better than Robbie) I still like the guy but the key is of course compensation.   I do not mind sending a player at all, probably will be sending out salary.  I would not want to give up a ton of draft capital.

My own assessment which was unsubstantiated by my friend was a #2 and Avery due to the Browns needing linebacker help. I got nothing in return on that guess, but I'd say it's something like that. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I remember when he left the Giants and suddenly Pat Shurmur was a good coach and the Giants became a good team. 

Well conversely the Browns were still 6-10 with him AND landry and the rest of a solid supporting cast. So his impact could be over valued too.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hael said:

It would be at least a first and third in terms of draft compensation.  Probably much more (like a 2) because the Browns would eat most of his contract.  We’d be getting a relatively cheap elite tier 1 asset for four years.

Would likely require a player as well to sweeten the deal.  Williams maybe.

Excuse me? 

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Well it is consistent with Douglas saying he wants explosive playmakers.  And obj would probably love to stick it to the giants in his own mind.

let's remember that he and the Browns new GM, Berry were both high level execs on the Eagles one year ago today. They're buds. It was even mentioned that the Browns are waiting on it for Joe's decision. So odd to think that's real but I guess it's possible. 

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Most people will get all bent out of shape if we pick up OBJ.  (I think he is WAY better than Robbie) I still like the guy but the key is of course compensation.   I do not mind sending a player at all, probably will be sending out salary.  I would not want to give up a ton of draft capital.

OBJ would be a full on disaster. A move like that would be coming directly from ownership. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

OBJ and Gase on the same  team? Yes, please. Whatever it takes. 

Its funny, I wonder what landry told odell about Gase. And he was still talking about wanting to come to the Jets.  Well, maybe he was that is.