Robby to the Panthers

SR24

Does anyone think Sam had any say in bringing Robby back.  Would you think the QB would be asked if the guy was doing the right thing out there.  I am sure Sam was asked.

Sam: “Is Jamison still here?”

JD: “Yep, he’s not going anywhere. And we’re planning on adding more WRs.”

Sam: “Sweet. We’re good.”
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

Have you even seen the contract?  It is basically a one year deal for about 12 million.  Why would the Panthers regret that for a solid starting wide receiver with his speed and only 26 years old?  I don't get the hate... I really don't.

Panthers literally have 0 defense. To quote a panthers fan “ weirdest roster construction of a team I’ve ever seen” they might not regret Robby but regret not giving that 12 million to a piece on defense, have you seen that division? Panthers will finish in 4th place. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So it’s basically a one-year, $12 million dollar deal, presuming the guarantee is the $12mm? Meh. Good luck to him

I'm just going to say that this is the most promising sign thus far that Douglas knows what he's doing and is actually listening to people that understand numbers. That is 100% the type of deal that guys like Tannenbaum and Macaggnan would have given him and thank the ******* lord. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Like I said #1 WR means 1st option.  That's what Crowder was last year

Of course he was the 1st option. Not because he's a remarkable talent like Edleman, but the offensive line was f'ing garbage and it's easier to toss a 4 yard pass than it is to take a sack waiting for anyone who's actually stretching the field to get open since no one up front can block. 

So simple. 

Im putting you back on TL:DR. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yes, let's all watch this highlight film consisting completely of wide open go routes and Robby never high pointing a ball or catching anything in traffic....Hint skip to 1:56 seconds and you will see 4 examples in a row completely disproving your point. 

This narrative of Robby only being able to run go routes is so lazy and offbase I question how many of you actually watch Jet games....

Cool  a highlight reel. 4 plays in a row in a highlight video color me shocked, you might even think it was a highlight reel. You really showed everyone who doesn't think Robby's play and production warrant 12 Mil per.

The reality is if you average 750 yards a season then you are averaging 46.8 yards a game. I didn't say he never high pointed a ball in his life and never caught a ball in traffic .... they are not consistent.

If you think Robby was consistently doing that game in and game out and that he, his ~50 yards and his 0.3 TDs a game are worth 12 Million a year, then we disagree. 

I'm pretty sure Devin Funchess has a nice highlight video out there. I don't want to pay him either and I won't be using it to prove his prowess.

I like Robby but doubt he ever has the breakout you think he will, I think he is who he is, if he does breakout feel free to Necro this post I like being dragged.

8 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Does anyone think Sam had any say in bringing Robby back.  Would you think the QB would be asked if the guy was doing the right thing out there.  I am sure Sam was asked.

Sam was probably like “totally dude Robbys a rad dude and all that”

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, that's not what I did. That's what YOU asserted. 

I said that "the problem is having people who know how to do that", given that this has been Jets history, and since JD has No history here he's not shown to have fallen on either side. 

@Jets723

In case you missed it. 

Get out of your emotions folks. 

He’s waiting for 80 to post his opinion, so he can echo it.

Apparently they’re both excited that losing the only credible wide out (Crowder being the slot guy) on the roster might get us a 7th round comp pick next year.

Cant wait for another year of Sam needs weaponzzz!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Panthers literally have 0 defense. To quote a panthers fan “ weirdest roster construction of a team I’ve ever seen” they might not regret Robby but regret not giving that 12 million to a piece on defense, have you seen that division? Panthers will finish in 4th place. 

You still have to score points and if there is one thing Robby can do, is he can score touchdowns.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Apparently they’re excited that losing the only credible wide out (Crowder being the slot guy) might get us a 7th round comp pick next year.

You know the franchise is in a bad state when the fanbase covet the cap and draft picks more than the players that you buy with the money and draft with the picks, given how poorly the Jets have done both. 

Gotta feel Sorry for Sam though. This sh*t is going to be a crime. 

Speaking of crimes, I STILL cant believe the Jets drafted QW when they had their edge rusher in Josh Allen on the board. And if they didnt believe in him they still had first dibs on any offensive player to provide Sam. 

It's becoming easier and easier to cut up on this franchise! 

If JD goes in a direction that is outside of Oline or WR at #11  I may literally have to pick up my ball and hand up the fandom lol. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im sure Robby wanted a chance to win. So it didnt matter what Sam was asked or what his response was. 

He wanted more money,  be closer to Florida and play with Rhule.  Does not mean a winning team.  He went to a team that is bringing in a new QB.  Lost its best defender to retirement.  He took a short deal for 2 years to hopefully end up in Miami in year 3.  The dude is a jag at best.  You want number one money play like a number one.  GOODBYE Mr. Anderson.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Apparently they’re both excited that losing the only credible wide out (Crowder being the slot guy) on the roster might get us a 7th round comp pick next year.

What? Sorry I don’t “echo” anybody.  I liked Robby and would have liked him back but I’m not gonna cry about it.  He had his limitations to be honest.  Nice deep threat but was limited is the other areas.  

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So you would have prefered JD sign him for more money than he thought he was worth? From what I read, an offer was given to Anderson weeks ago. 

I posted this morning that Robby would have signed back here if he was offered what Tyrell williams had signed for last year with the Raiders. My impression was Douglas was offering much less than that, and if true, he should tell the Jet's to stick it. and he did. Douglas should have been fair with the man. he's worth every bit as much as Tyrell Williams.

9 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He wanted more money,  be closer to Florida and play with Rhule.  Does not mean a winning team.  He went to a team that is bringing in a new QB.  Lost its best defender to retirement.  He took a short deal for 2 years to hopefully end up in Miami in year 3.  The dude is a jag at best.  You want number one money play like a number one.  GOODBYE Mr. Anderson.

Everyone seems know what what Robby wanted or Robby's situation. 20 minutes before Robby signed folks were telling me that his market was quiet and dried up. 

The bottomline is this, and it's rather easy to see. There isnt anything going on with the Jets that would convince any talent to stay if they have a market to leave or to come here if they have a market to go elsewhere. 

Folks can wave goodbye, but it's the Jets that remain at the bottom of the league most of the time. While players like Demario Davis go from the Jets to the Saints and become 1st team all-pro players. 

"He's a jag at best" This team is "Just another team". Been so for 10 years, for most of it's history. The face of this franchise hasnt played for this franchise since the f'ing 70's. 

That's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

I posted this morning that Robby would have signed back here if he was offered what Tyrell williams had signed for last year with the Raiders. My impression was Douglas was offering much less than that, and if true, he should tell the Jet's to stick it. and he did. Douglas should have been fair with the man. he's worth every bit as much as Tyrell Williams.

Oh stop it.  Stop saying the Jets “disrespected” him or were unfair.  He wanted to play with Rhule end of story.  I have nothing against Robby but it’s not the end of the world we move on 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Everyone seems know what what Robby wanted or Robby's situation. 20 minutes before Robby signed folks were telling me that his market was quiet and dried up. 

The bottomline is this, and it's rather easy to see. There isnt anything going on with the Jets that would convince any talent to stay if they have a market to leave or to come here if they have a market to go elsewhere. 

Folks can wave goodbye, but it's the Jets that remain at the bottom of the league most of the time. While players like Demario Davis go from the Jets to the Saints and become 1st team all-pro players. 

"He's a jag at best" This team is "Just another team". Been so for 10 years, for most of it's history. The face of this franchise hasnt played for this franchise since the f'ing 70's. 

That's embarrassing. 

Whats embarrassing is you were the same person who wanted Mike Glennon Image result for Glennon NFL forever.  Now that is embarrassing.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, genot said:

He could be worth more than Tyrell Williams without being worth Tyrell Williams contract.  Have to figure that nobody else offered him a Tyrell Williams contract either.

So now we get to see if Robbie with decent talent around him will be a one or with other talent around him that can run good routes will he be even relevant to their offense.  

I've always believed top talent gets top numbers in any situation.  Robbie's production has been mediocre.  I get the excuses but I'm not buying it. 

We can replace him cheap in the back end of this draft.  We need to draft 2 WR a true potential 1 and a good situational WR to replace Robbie.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

He could be worth more than Tyrell Williams without being worth Tyrell Williams contract.  Have to figure that nobody else offered him a Tyrell Williams contract either.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

ralph-Kramden-ed-norton.jpg.8f512333ad8b09604b5735c117ab20c9.jpg

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet, the Jets decided to pay Fitz and McCown, draft Petty and Hackenberg, trade Bridgewater and waste Sam Darnold. 

What's more embarrassing that that. 

Exactly

They won more games with them 2 than they would have won with Mike Glennon.  Let it go, Robby is gone and he will be even worse in Carolina.  Villain I know you have been around forever.  There are times I agreed with the Mike Glennon stuff.  Robby Anderson's are easily replaceable.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

They won more games with them 2 than they would have won with Mike Glennon.  Let it go, Robby is gone and he will be even worse in Carolina.  Villain I know you have been around forever.  There are times I agreed with the Mike Glennon stuff.  Robby Anderson's are easily replaceable.

And yet those wins resulting to what? How about you let it go? You're the one here bringing up 2015 Mike Glennon.