Robby to the Panthers

SR24

41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You’ll get neg’d but it is.

Seriously unimpressive if this is our last WR addition. He’s had like 5 good games in 4 years. Benefited from Winston’s balls to the wall style which inflated numbers of everyone. 

Everyone will be happy to see the back of him in 12 months. Not even a JAG.

It's the nature of fandom. People need something to believe in. Today, that's Perriman. Anyone who bursts that bubble, will get butt fumbled instinctively.

I'd rather have Robby at the $10M Panthers gave him than Perriman at $8M. I don't understand how this is anything but a miss by JD.

• Upvote 3

Jets fans are acting like they just lost Jerry Rice in his prime.

Anderson has been vastly over rated by us here and for the one trick pony that he is the Panthers may have over paid for him.

I think JD goes WR in the draft and grabs a more complete player than R.A.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

I always applaud athletes betting on themselves. I wish him the best. But going to a team with Bridgewater at the helm, Mcafrey as the focal point and DJ Moore the WR1 - I wonder if that was the best move.

Would love to know how much guaranteed money Jets we’re offering. Hopefully that leaks 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If this is true, sceew him. I knew as soon as I read that I had a dream I was playing with Brady BS he told the media, he was trying to promote himself to another team. Glad he's  gone. Get players that want to play here. 

If Jets FA says he will play where he is paid the most "Greedy pig."

If Jets FA goes elsewhere for less money "Screw him."

• Haha 1

You’ll get neg’d but it is.
Seriously unimpressive if this is our last WR addition. He’s had like 5 good games in 4 years. Benefited from Winston’s balls to the wall style which inflated numbers of everyone. 
Everyone will be happy to see the back of him in 12 months. Not even a JAG.
Time will tell ... He's no worse that RA in the WR3 spot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Jets FA says he will play where he is paid the most "Greedy pig."

If Jets FA goes elsewhere for less money "Screw him."

He was offered 2 million more  by the Panthers in the first season so I really don't  know what you mean by playing for less elsewhere.  My point was the money was comparable and if it was the length of the contract, that was more than likely something that could have been worked out. My point is he didn't  want to be here and was broadcasting it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He was offered 2 million more  by the Panthers in the first season so I really don't  know what you mean by playing for less elsewhere.  My point was the money was comparable and if it was the length of the contract, that was more than likely something that could have been worked out. My point is he didn't  want to be here and was broadcasting it. 

My opinion we fans often take this too emotionally. It's a business and is treated as such by the employees/players. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

My opinion we fans often take this too emotionally. It's a business and is treated as such by the employees/players. 

Yeah, you obviously  have not had people working under you. If I have someone on my team that I can see is not happy or is saying the wrong things, I try to move them someplace else if I have the opportunity or just give them the least important  things to work on because I know I'm likely going to lose them. I have tried the heart to heart talks to see what they want and tried to work with them. 95% of the time I was the one getting screwed by training a new person after they left anyway. That is also part of business 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We’re going to see a lot of this as offensive players will choose to play elsewhere for less as long as Gase is here.  

Look I was never a fan of the Gase hire but you have no idea what will happen in the future.  Plus it also proves that the Jets did want Robby back so all your whining yesterday is kind of for nothing

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I was never a fan of the Gase hire but you have no idea what will happen in the future.  Plus it also proves that the Jets did want Robby back so all your whining yesterday is kind of for nothing

If Miami was any indicator it's what we have to expect.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, you obviously  have not had people working under you. If I have someone on my team that I can see is not happy or is saying the wrong things, I try to move them someplace else if I have the opportunity or just give them the least important  things to work on because I know I'm likely going to lose them. I have tried the heart to heart talks to see what they want and tried to work with them. 95% of the time I was the one getting screwed by training a new person after they left anyway. That is also part of business 

My philosophy on training and developing people: it's better to develop someone who leaves than not develop someone who stays. Maybe you have a retention issue on your team because you put people you fear losing onto crap projects and make it a forgone conclusion? Usually people leave managers, not companies.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby Anderson got $12M guaranteed coin.

Perriman got $6M.  

At least get the important figures right.  

You don't think Robby will collect year two at $8?

And as soon as the league year starts I believe Perriman's full contract becomes guaranteed as a vested vet.

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If Miami was any indicator it's what we have to expect.

Not really.  Even though I’m not a huge fan of his it’s not fair to use what happened somewhere else as an indicator.  Look I understand that you’re negative about everything which is fine I guess but gotta be a little objective too 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Not really.  Even though I’m not a huge fan of his it’s not fair to use what happened somewhere else as an indicator.  Look I understand that you’re negative about everything which is fine I guess but gotta be a little objective too 

Wait what? Someone better quick tell JD not to use college performance to guide his draft board.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

You don't think Robby will collect year two at $8?

A lot of potential outcomes there.  Anderson getting a new deal, getting traded/cut are all possibilities.  Either way the only important figure is year 1 when he's getting all of that guaranteed coin.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

A lot of potential outcomes there.  Anderson getting a new deal, getting traded/cut are all possibilities.  Either way the only important figure is year 1 when he's getting all of that guaranteed coin.  

I think if we were talking a 4-5 year deal, I'd agree. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I think if we were talking a 4-5 year deal, I'd agree. 

The Jets reportedly offered him a 4-year deal, so I fail to see why its even relevant what he got from Carolina.  He opted for another shot at free agency over long-term security.  It is what it is.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets reportedly offered him a 4-year deal, so I fail to see why its even relevant what he got from Carolina.  He opted for another shot at free agency over long-term security.  It is what it is.  

Exactly.  The Jets offered him a good deal he didn’t take it which is his right l.  JD moves on quickly 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

We need to face the facts. Robby did not want to come back. Screw 'em. Either trade for OBJ, or take Jeudy in the draft. I would do headstands if the Jets did both.

Neither. Take best available Tackle. We can get a WR in round 2. Not much of a drop off in talent in any. You dont blow the chance to get an elite Tackle. Period.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Neither. Take best available Tackle. We can get a WR in round 2. Not much of a drop off in talent in any. You dont blow the chance to get an elite Tackle. Period.

True.  Hell we can get 2 very good receivers at 48 and 68 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This was pretty much a lateral move.....a WR3 for a WR3.  As an example using just one data point, ESPN and their "Top 100 Free Agents" had these two listed just 3 spots apart.

223489360_ScreenShot2020-03-24at11_22_17PM.png.d123b9c6520563c0fea6f8aa569ee059.png

786602216_ScreenShot2020-03-24at11_22_34PM.png.3ff139665cdf95b6ccc00ac0a44ded89.png

As for more similarities....

1643302627_ScreenShot2020-03-24at5_02_33PM.png.11a3f97b19ffa65626d6899a2a9d70ee.png

The only thing not similar?  Their prices!!

Well done, Joe D.

Ehhh....any analysis that doesn't take into account the fact that Robby had to play with a literal potato for a QB for 3 games is simply flawed at least and intentionally misleading at best in my mind. This isn't like "Oh Robby had to endure playing with a bottom 3 NFL QB"....Falk had literally 0 ability to pass a ball. If we plucked a random fan out of the stands, the play of the offense wouldn't have suffered any more so than it did. Take away the Philly and NE games where Robby TOTALED 27 yards and then you have 14 games a piece to judge from. 

The WR position depends entirely on the actions of the QB and the O-Line to be successful. Of course Robby had a late-season resurgence in the last 6 games of the year once Sam started hitting his rhythm.  Of course there were plenty of games before then when Robby went in the dark so I won't excuse him for that, just saying that you can't use these 209 totals to say Perriman is any better. 

Like I said I was a Robby fan.  My son was also a fan of his.  But I’m surprised at the big uproar.  I mean it’s not like the guy had 3 straight 1000 yard seasons.  I think he is best was a little over 900 but most in the 750 range.  He is what he is.  A good but very streaky deep threat.  The Jets still offered him a fair deal to be apart of the future but he declined and I don’t hold that against him.  But I also do t see it as a huge loss.  If the draft wasn’t so terrific in WR prospects I may feel differently but lucky for us it’s a good situation 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This was pretty much a lateral move.....a WR3 for a WR3.  As an example using just one data point, ESPN and their "Top 100 Free Agents" had these two listed just 3 spots apart.

223489360_ScreenShot2020-03-24at11_22_17PM.png.d123b9c6520563c0fea6f8aa569ee059.png

786602216_ScreenShot2020-03-24at11_22_34PM.png.3ff139665cdf95b6ccc00ac0a44ded89.png

As for more similarities....

1643302627_ScreenShot2020-03-24at5_02_33PM.png.11a3f97b19ffa65626d6899a2a9d70ee.png

The only thing not similar?  Their prices!!

Well done, Joe D.

Perriman has had injury issues while skinny Robby Anderson knows how to stay on the field. 

Perriman got over 400 of 645 yards and 5 of his six TDs in the last four games of the season against soft competition in a much more wide open offense than what the Jets have ever run. Fans who think the Jets 6-2 finish means they suddenly became a good team might think that Perriman suddenly became a good WR. 

Joe Douglas needed to bring in a vet and there weren't many options, but this is a downgrade. I hope he at least stays healthy. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

My philosophy on training and developing people: it's better to develop someone who leaves than not develop someone who stays. Maybe you have a retention issue on your team because you put people you fear losing onto crap projects and make it a forgone conclusion? Usually people leave managers, not companies.

Actually I have a solid and very happy core and my team consistently ranks in the top 10% of the company. People ask to be on my team, I don't  have to recruit. Not everyone works out once they are here. 

• Upvote 1