Robby to the Panthers

SR24

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The more I think about it, the more it actually makes the Jets draft easier, at least the top pick.

If all the OL are gone by 11, go WR. If not go OL. 

And there you go!  There are really good WR prospects in Rd 2.  Lets see what else JD can bring here before the draft  as well.  We are far from knowing, but that's what I am thinking.

Trade down enough to get Higgins and Josh Jones sounds like the best idea to me.

We made this offensive rebuild longer than it needed to be. We could have thrown RA the negligible 3 mil or w.e the difference was and had a WR 2. Now WR is almost as big of a hole as OL is and could effect how we draft. I think we still need OL at 11 but that first 3rd rounder where we should have been picking a IOL may now be needed to address WR 2. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Clearly the jets could have kept him if they offered him more.  I’m surprised they didn’t see him as being worth more money.  

Clearly we have no idea if playing for his old Temple coach mattered more to RA than a million or so in salary.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Maybe, I would at least try to build a team capable of winning.

Ah right, I thought for sure the goal was to build a loser.  You're so wise.  

If you were GM we'd spend all our cap dollars on a group of mercenaries only to go 7-9 because of awful chemistry and injuries (with no depth behind the starters).

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sam is beloved so he gets protected with damage control by the fanbase.

Robby was a UDFA, couldn’t generate interest as a trade chip, and now he waited a week into free agency to sign for short money on a prove-it deal. Sam Darnold didn’t hurt Robby in those instances. People who supposedly know what Robby can and can’t do simply have minimal interest in Robby Anderson. I’m not sure why we have to treat him like a victim of the machine here. He’s had every chance to improve his stock and you just saw what it was worth. Low #2 money.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
Profile picture for Robby Sabo

Folks, you're making a huge mistake if you automatically assume Joe Douglas is going WR at No. 11 now that Robby Anderson is elsewhere. It's possible, of course, but get that out of your heads. It's amazing how better wideouts play behind a stud OL. It's almost magical. #Jets

First round LT. 

Mark it down.

So long Robby.  Didn't love ya, didn't hate ya. If you want to play for your college coach for 2 years while they are tanking in 1 of them, best of luck.

That said, the Jets have to add a veteran WR right now.  Doesn't have to be a star(OBJ) but has to be more steady than Perriman.  I still think Alshon is the guy that fits the bill.  Maybe his contract makes it impossible, but someone of that Ilk.  Someone who knows where to be and will catch it when you throw to him.  Sam needs people that are dependable around him.  That's what will slow his brain down.  Knowing everyone else will be where they should.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah right, I thought for sure the goal was to build a loser.  You're so wise.  

If you were GM we'd spend all our cap dollars on a group of mercenaries only to go 7-9 because of awful chemistry and injuries (with no depth behind the starters).

For Fidelio is all about Splash ? 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
Profile picture for Robby Sabo

Folks, you're making a huge mistake if you automatically assume Joe Douglas is going WR at No. 11 now that Robby Anderson is elsewhere. It's possible, of course, but get that out of your heads. It's amazing how better wideouts play behind a stud OL. It's almost magical. #Jets

We'll see, but I think the best player on the board will be either Jeudy or Lamb as of now. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So long Robby.  Didn't live ya, didn't hate ya. If you want to play for your college coach for 2 years while they are tanking in 1 of them, best of luck.

That said, the Jets have to add a veteran WR right now.  Doesn't have to be a star(OBJ) but has to be more steady than Perriman.  I still think Alshon is the guy that fits the bill.  Maybe his contract makes it impossible, but someone of that Ilk.  Someone who knows where to be and will catch it when you throw to him.  Sam needs people that are dependable around him.  That's what will slow his brain down.  Knowing everyone else will be where they should.

On the Sam part, that’s the exact truth. You don’t need freaks of nature, you need disciplined guys who know where to be. This year is make or break for Darnold in a lot of ways. Worry about getting the game breaker next year. Just give him a guy that knows what eight and a half yards looks like on third-and-eight

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Could have kept him....IF they had wanted to.

The Jets have $$$ and they have a WR need.  They don't think Robby is the right player to spend $10-12M on.....I'm not sure they're wrong.

Perhaps he wanted to play with his college coach, and money was secondary.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Since Vyncint Smith's arrival in the league in 2018, he's accumulated 340 yards and 1 TD. 

I don't think he had much of a shot in Houston.  Undrafted FA and was going against Nuke and Fuller.  Anderson going against Vycint Smith.  LOL.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So long Robby.  Didn't live ya, didn't hate ya. If you want to play for your college coach for 2 years while they are tanking in 1 of them, best of luck.

Yep wonder what the Rams would want for a guy like Robert Woods 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Clearly we have no idea if playing for his old Temple coach mattered more to RA than a million or so in salary.

wouldn't be surprised to learn that Rhule matched the jets best offer or even a bit less.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

And don't forget the Teddy Bridgewater connection either.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say money was secondary though with Robby.  He's been waiting years for his payday.  If he could have gotten something moderately better I think he would have taken it.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And now Jets fans are back hating Douglas. Unbelievable. Fickle Fickle Fickle

Moves don’t happen in a vacuum. Just because he’s done some nice things with the offensive line (and I liked the Desir move to) doesn’t mean he can’t be criticized for striking out on other positions. The Jets have had a lot of holes to fill. Wasn’t going to be done all in one fell swoop. Still, the offense at skill positions is fairly barren. 

2 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Were I a betting man, I’d guess that Douglas offered him something like three years at ~9 mil per with the same guaranteed money and Robby ran for the bigger one-year check because of his pride. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Did he do it going up against the #1 CB on the defense. Why is it so difficult for some of y’all to admit how important Anderson was to Darnold . Even now I see folks looking for ways to critique how Anderson will look playing with Teddy B . Y’all didn’t want him and he’s gone . Y’all should be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Please, where are all the cbs who follow an opponents #1 WR wherever her lines up?

Because other than Revis I haven't seen it.  The idea that Robby did all his work against #1 CBs is wrong

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby:  I want to get paid or go to a winner, or both!!

*** 1-2 weeks later ***

Robby:  Fine, I'll settle for a 1-year deal with the team has gone 29-35 the last 4 years.

with Teddy throwing the ball no more than 15 yards.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Robby was a UDFA, couldn’t generate interest as a trade chip, and now he waited a week into free agency to sign for short money on a prove-it deal. Sam Darnold didn’t hurt Robby in those instances. People who supposedly know what Robby can and can’t do simply have minimal interest in Robby Anderson. I’m not sure why we have to treat him like a victim of the machine here. He’s had every chance to improve his stock and you just saw what it was worth. Low #2 money.

Here's the real, and I know since im talking to T0m I know that im speaking to someone who will understand this. 

What is considered "short" money is life changing for a guy who came in as a UDFA and had to even hustle up interest playing for a Jets franchise, with QB's such as Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, Josh McCown, Sam Darnold, Luke Falk and Trevor Simeon. 

I'll even agree that Sam Darnold didnt hurt Robby in anyway...I'll disregard anything that I can bring up regarding Sam. That doesnt take away what this franchise has done, what all of those other QB's playing behind turnstiles have done. What Todd Bowles has done, etc. 

No one is treating Robby like a victim. Robby is winning right now. He's able to get paid #2 WR money to play #2 for the first time in his career basically, opposite a #1 and a respectable #3 in Curt Samuel. They have a Marshall Faulk type RB and a QB who may not be the downfield passer in Bridgewater, but to this day I thought trading him for a 3rd round pick and not keeping him was a mistake as I thought that he was a good enough QB not to push out the door because of a rookie. 

Robby improved his stock rather well. Folks are hung up on 15 million, which was was the media floated around. But even if that was 100% true, agents always ask for the world when it comes to their clients because they're trying to establish a market. The bottomline is that the man signed a reasonable contract and has the opportunity to double dip if he's able to then progress given the talent around him and if this new coaching staff is competent. 

Signing back here for that contract would have made him a victim. 

Robby earned this with his play even through all of the adversity being a Jet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1