Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Based on the last 5 games that Perriman was able to start,  Robby can't hold his jock strap. Today is a wonderful day to be able to see all of these crybabies bitch and complain and act like 2 year olds. What a wonderful day. 

Below

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

No, that's what great coaches do. My point here is, everyone is excited about 5 games in a "perfect storm" system that he's no longer in. 

All im saying is: "He's played in 46 other games and started only in 5 of those 46 other games. That shouldnt be dismissed because he's a Robby Anderson replacement". 

Simple. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

What’s out of control is that this board is eating this sh*t up as fast as Douglas can fling it.

This is a dude who's never even been a legit starter for any of the 3 teams he's played on. 

He's suddenly the "replacement" for the only stable receiver we've had on this team the past 4 years. 

This entire fanbase is high as a kite right now. 

alison brie weed GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Disagree

Robby Anderson has been a pretty durable consistent deep threat over the years. 

Perriman has only had one year of production (a handful of games), and has had problems staying healthy throughout his career. 

The fact that the Ravens dumped this guy (first round pick) after two seasons is all you need to know. 

True, but the guy who was in the Front Office in Baltimore for the drafting of Perriman and who saw him for two years is now with the Jets and I have to think had major influence here.

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Sure, but based on simple metrics Robby would have produced more than Perriman.

Who knows?

All I know is that Robby wasn’t some invaluable piece that we can’t live without.

In all likelihood someone like Jeudy is going to be a Jet in 4 weeks and take on the role of our #1 WR.

And with Herndon and Griffin back, I can see us using a ton of two TE sets. Crowder is going to get a ton of targets out of the slot as well.

Bottom line, I seriously doubt we’re going to be relying on Perriman to catch 60+ balls for us this year. So I guess I don’t understand the commotion.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We know that the circumstances is that the Panthers offered him a contract and he took it. 

Are you saying that I dont know that? 

We don't know what the Jets perspective is. Did the Jets match the Panthers offer and he left anyway? Did the Jets laugh at the Panthers offer and just let him walk? We have no idea. 

Below

You think the Jets have downgraded and the majority people think it's a wash. Nobody is saying they just signed Calvin Johnson. People are happy bc they lost Robby and replaced his deep threat ability with a cheaper player which frees up more money for other players.  Robbys true replacement will come in the draft. And if it's Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs it's a substantial upgrade.  Or are you going to deny that as well?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

No, that's what great coaches do. My point here is, everyone is excited about 5 games in a "perfect storm" system that he's no longer in. 

All im saying is: "He's played in 46 other games and started only in 5 of those 46 other games. That shouldnt be dismissed because he's a Robby Anderson replacement". 

Simple. 

I think most reasonable people here are looking at this as a low risk, high reward move.  I know I certainly am.  I didn't want to pay Robby 12mil because I look at his production and issues and say "I'd rather give him 8-9mil, or let him walk."  Perriman was the best of what's left and, if recent history is to be believed, he's still growing as a player.  I don't view that as a negative.

We will likely draft a WR high still.  I'm not acting like this saves the franchise, but I'm surely not acting like the world is falling apart.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

We don't know what the Jets perspective is. Did the Jets match the Panthers offer and he left anyway? Did the Jets laugh at the Panthers offer and just let him walk? I have no idea. 

Whatever that perspective was, it was irrelevant given that Robby signed with the Panthers. 

Lets not do this "The Jets werent interested in Robby Anderson" rhetoric now in order to save face. 

Just now, Untouchable said:

Who knows?

All I know is that Robby wasn’t some invaluable piece that we can’t live without.

In all likelihood someone like Jeudy is going to be a Jet in 4 weeks and take on the role of our #1 WR.

And with Herndon and Griffin back, I can see us using a ton of two TE sets.

Bottom line, I seriously doubt we’re going to be relying on Perriman to catch 60+ balls for us this year. So I guess I don’t understand the commotion.

Exactly.  I think those so upset about Robby leaving are overrating him.  It’s not we lost some bigtime  or even consistent WR.  Also we aren’t dating Perriman is that either.  He is a similar player who we got for less and can maybe use that extra money to upgrade another hole.  The deep ness of the WR Corps in the draft plays a factor as well 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I got one better. 

Look at his entire career OUTSIDE of those 5 games. 

Folks are out of their heads on this forum right now. 

I didn't realize it was already being discussed. I saw it on FB and thought it was interesting. Was wondering if anyone is on here could speak to why he came on at the end of last year like that.

I also just saw you post that he's only started 5 games in his career. If true, 3 of them were at the end of last season. Maybe something is finally starting to click for him?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't realize it was already being discussed. I saw it on FB and thought it was interesting. Was wondering if anyone is on here could speak to why he came on at the end of last year like that.

I also just saw you post that he's only started 5 games in his career. If true, 3 of them were at the end of last season. Maybe something is finally starting to click for him?

What I thought was that Godwin and Evans were hurt so he got more targets

12 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

Robby got the reps to put up numbers even while terribly inconsistent and streaky.  Perriman has not been healthy and has not had nearly as many reps.  When healthy and given the opportunity his numbers outpace Robby's.   He was drafted to be a #1.   Will be the #2 here.  If he can stay healthy I think he will out perform Robby. At worst he will put up the same numbers Robby put up here.  But the staying healthy is a big if.  Did I stick the landing ?  Never been a big gymnast

Very good. 8.5 outta 10 from this judge.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Agreed, I think he's perfectly fine #3.  If we grab say Tee Higgins in Rd 2, is a top 3 of Higgins(or whatever rookie in Rd 2), Crowder and Perriman better or worse than Anderson, Crowder and Thomas?

thats not what I said... but you read how you want... 

41 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Prior to the injuries to Evans and Godwin, Perriman was (at best) the number 3 target.  When they go down, he steps up big time and puts up impressive stats.  No logic there at all.  He is just a first round bust who got lucky at the tail end of the season. ?

Now Anderson is the #3 target

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Perriman started a total of 10 games in his career, which includes the 5 games that everyone is raving about. 

What im trying to tell these Jets fans is to keep things in perspective. We know that those last 5 games were in a Bruce Arians offense and that before those 5 games what has he done? I'll give you a clue. 

In those last 5 games Perriman produced 5 TD's if im correct. However, for his career (since 2016) he had 10 TD's. 

He's never been considered a certified starter for any team he's been on. He's started is less than 20% of the games he's actually played in. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You dont have to remember exactly, if you can just look it up. 

And what I also said to take into account is that this is a Bruce Arians system. A system that pushes the football down the field, something that the Jets dont do. Jameis Winston threw for over 5,000 yards. The Jets havent had a 4,000 yard passer since the mid 60's. 

It's about context, not a 5 game stretch in Bruce Arians system. 

You said it yourself, Perriman rarely got targets until "Those guys went down". That's when he got starting targets. Same thing that happened in Cleveland, same thing that happened in baltimore which wasnt Baltimore's intention as they drafted him in the 1st round.

Dude is a back up WR who gets burn when players go down. 

I live in the Tampa market. Watched a ton of bucs games. Jameis was literally locking on to those two guys on almost every pass attempt, Which I can’t fault him for doing.  Both of those guys are elite WRers. The opportunity wasn’t there when both of those guys were on the field. With that being said, I’m not here proclaiming this guy is going to become a great player but, regardless of the system, the guy put together a great final 5 games of the season. There were other WRers on the roster that had the same opportunity to step up and produce, but he was the guy that did it. He has a first round pedigree and flashed some potential when he was finally put in a favorable situation.  I’d have perfered to keep Robby but It didn’t happen. This was a good plan B signing with some upside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Who knows?

And with Herndon and Griffin back, I can see us using a ton of two TE sets. Crowder is going to get a ton of targets out of the slot as well.

I'm not arguing that we couldn't use an upgrade over Robby.

I'm arguing that Perriman is that upgrade.

1 minute ago, Kevin L said:

I have. 

He scored half of his TDs in one game. Take that game away and now what?

Since we're allowed to take away games, can I take Sam's performance against the Pats away from him and call him a future HOF player?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whatever that perspective was, it was irrelevant given that Robby signed with the Panthers. 

Lets not do this "The Jets werent interested in Robby Anderson" rhetoric now in order to save face. 

Who knows?? Maybe they didn't want him, at least not at that price.  He certainly didn't get much action in free agency.