The NY Post Actually Had an Interesting Piece Today...Okudah Dropping?

Okudah Drops?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. If Okudah drops and it comes down to him, my 4th OT and my 1st WR, I would draft......

• Okudah
    • My 4th Offensive Tackle
    • My #1 Wide Receiver
  2. 2. Who is your 4th offensive tackle?

• Mekhi Becton
    • Andrew Thomas
    • Jedrick Wills
    • Tristan Wirfs
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. Who is your #1 WR?

• Jerry Jeudy
    • CeeDee Lamb
    • Henry Ruggs
    • Someone Else
  4. 4. How difficult a decision would it be for you if it came down to Okudah, the #4 OT, or the #1 WR?

• Extremely Easy Decision
    • Easy Decision
    • Neither particularly Easy nor particularly Difficult
    • Difficult Decision
    • Extremely Difficult Decision

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Lets see, Take the #1 CB (by alot), a position we have a huge hole in, a position that is not that deep top end for this draft.

or

Take the 4th or 6th best tackle (due to scheme fit)

or

A WR in a super deep wr draft.

People mistake take no Defense with take a D position that is premium, as in CB or pass rusher.

We are taking a CB in this draft, maybe more than one.

I'll take Okudah and the best Wr with our 2nd 3rd rounder than wr and then a CB with that pick.

Sounds oh so familiar...

if only his last name were Williams 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No. No we really don't.  We have to get Sam a LT that isn't a bum.

If Okudah was there at 11, I’d take him and trade back into the first for Josh Jones.

Fundamentally we agree, but Okudah is too good to pass on. @Beerfish said Okudah or Young at 11 would be the only two defensive players worth taking, and I agree. 

6 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Sounds oh so familiar...

if only his last name were Williams 

Not even close to the same.

This guy is not a DT, he is not an ILB and he is not even a box safety.

CB and true pass rushers are totally different.

And believe me I have been calling for an oline and Wr upgrade for years .

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Okudah is about as refined of a CB prospect as you’ll find...

With that said, I’d still rave like a f*cking lunatic if Douglas didn’t take the top rated OT/WR on his board.

I don’t give two soppy, wet t!ts how good of a defender falls to #11.

Darnold, the closest thing we’ve had to a franchise QB since Buzz Aldrin and Neil f*cking Armstrong stepped foot on the moon, is headed into his 3rd year and we’ve done essentially dick to support him.

Do tons of Jets fans seriously not realize that we’re up sh*ts creek without a paddle for the foreseeable future if Darnold doesn’t pan out? Staring at that potentially 50 year QB search all over again?

Jets fans should know all too well how hard it is to land one of these f*cking guys. Yet they whine, moan, b*tch and lament about Darnold not performing at Patrick Mahomes levels with Jamison Crowder as his top receiver...

I’d belt you people in the head with a tack hammer provided that no one tainted it with their covid infested fingers first.

It’s an offensive league.  Our defense right now is talent wise in way better shape than our offense

i can’t believe this is a discussion 

• Upvote 3

Funny to me how people are 100% perfectly fine drafting for players to fit into a system even if the person being draft is not as good of a player overall and yet are balking at taking by far the best Cb in the class.

We are taking a CB and I would not be surprised at all if we take one in our top 4 picks.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And how many games are we winning with Sam getting sacked 6-10 times per game and no receivers?

I dont know, how many games do you see where Sam is getting sacked 6-10 per game?

Given that even with last years hideous OL he wasn't sacked at that rate.  

Where does it say we're wouldnt add OL & WR help with the other 7 picks?  

That D doesnt help the team in more than one was is shortsighted

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Funny to me how people are 100% perfectly fine drafting for players to fit into a system even if the person being draft is not as good of a player overall and yet are balking at taking by far the best Cb in the class.

We are taking a CB and I would not be surprised at all if we take one in our top 4 picks.

I have no issue with taking a CB with one of our 3rd’s.

But after watching two complete nobodies like Bless Austin and Arthur Maulet do a decent enough job on the outside last year, there’s no way in hell that I can get on board with a CB at #11 when we’re staring at George Fant and Chuma Edoga as our starting, bookend OT’s and Breshad Perriman and Vyncint Smith as our starting outside receivers.

If that’s the case, we might as well move on from Darnold right now. Throw David Fales out there and commence the tank for Trevor Lawrence.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I'll take any offensive lineman over Okudah. And I like Okudah alot. Sam still needs a reliable LT....people seem to keep forgetting that.

Becton, who is the 4th rated OT on most boards, would be anything but a "reliable LT".  He's a project with great upside.  He also has a massive chance of getting Sam absolutely killed in his first year.

As long as it's two premium positions, you take the best available prospect.  If JD takes Becton over Okudah, he's getting the clown paint back.  He would have to be f'ng high to do that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Guys, we cant go defense here unless its Chase Young. Darnold needs help, folks. Alot of help. A f'ing corner doesnt do anything for this team. 

If we had an Okudah level Corner, or any corner that could turn his head honestly, we beat Buffalo week one.

Roberts made Josh Allen look like Elway all by himself.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If we had an Okudah level Corner, or any corner that could turn his head honestly, we beat Buffalo week one.

Roberts made Josh Allen look like Elway all by himself.

If we had a semi ok kicker we win week 1

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont know, how many games do you see where Sam is getting sacked 6-10 per game?

We have no Left Tackle on the roster and the rest of the OL is ok at best.  Next year we face Aaron Donald, Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa and Von Miller so enjoy with no O-Line oh and we also have no wrs

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Okudah is about as refined of a CB prospect as you’ll find...

With that said, I’d still rave like a f*cking lunatic if Douglas didn’t take the top rated OT/WR on his board.

I don’t give two soppy, wet t!ts how good of a defender falls to #11.

Darnold, the closest thing we’ve had to a franchise QB since Buzz Aldrin and Neil f*cking Armstrong stepped foot on the moon, is headed into his 3rd year and we’ve done essentially dick to support him.

Do tons of Jets fans seriously not realize that we’re up sh*ts creek without a paddle for the foreseeable future if Darnold doesn’t pan out? Staring at that potential 50 year QB search all over again?

Jets fans should know all too well how hard it is to land one of these f*cking guys. Yet they whine, moan, b*tch and lament about Darnold not performing at Patrick Mahomes levels with Jamison Crowder as his top receiver...

I’d belt you people in the head with a tack hammer provided that no one tainted it with their covid infested fingers first.

Thank you for this. Hit the nail on the head.

Every year theres always 1 or 2 defensive players that has the fanbase enamored. "BRO IF X FALLS TO US WE GOTTA TAKE HIM... HES THE NEXT X."  We've even drafted a few of them recently and have absolutely nothing to show for it. It's such a Jets thing to do - but I have faith in Joe Douglas to not fall into the same trap we've continuously fell in for the past decade.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I'll take any offensive lineman over Okudah. And I like Okudah alot. Sam still needs a reliable LT....people seem to keep forgetting that.

End thread. Chase Young is the only defender I’d consider taking over OL/WR and he’s not making it past the top 3.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

"I'm seeing ghosts"

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Or a GM that brought in any competition for said kicker. 

I remember before the game started you could see the look on Vedvik’s face even under his face mask the guy clearly didn’t want to be there and the announcers said he missed everything during warm ups

i knew he was gonna lose us that game

• Upvote 3

The way I see it, after the #1 CB there is a significant drop off... Henderson may be projected high but I don't see him as even in the same ballpark as Okudah... The WR's... I see Many in this draft who Will have an Exceptional NFL career barring injury... The OL... I would prefer Wills @ 11 but if the Top 3 are gone & no trade back is optional then I would have to go with Okudah... Hopefully the Jets will be able to pick up a good OL in the 2nd.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We have no Left Tackle on the roster and the rest of the OL is ok at best.  Next year we face Aaron Donald, Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa and Von Miller so enjoy with no O-Line oh and we also have no wrs

Oh no, another we're facing so and so and they'll kill Sam.  

And one more time, read it slow, we can get WRs in later rounds and this whole scenario is predicated with the top OL talent already being gone at 11.

Dont need the doom and gloom nonsense.  Sams life expectancy won't change with a single draft pick in the 1st.  He'd still be eligible for life-savers in the 2nd thru 7th

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We have no LT or WRs uh my God 

I get it, but in a completely hypothetical-will-never-happen scenario where Okudah lands at #11, then we take him. You can call up WSH, flip them a 3rd this year and 2/3 next and get our LT for 2020-2022... then draft WRs with 2 and a 3. 

Okudah is the best CB prospect since Peterson, with Revis upside. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1