The NY Post Actually Had an Interesting Piece Today...Okudah Dropping?

Okudah Drops?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. If Okudah drops and it comes down to him, my 4th OT and my 1st WR, I would draft......

• Okudah
    • My 4th Offensive Tackle
    • My #1 Wide Receiver
  2. 2. Who is your 4th offensive tackle?

• Mekhi Becton
    • Andrew Thomas
    • Jedrick Wills
    • Tristan Wirfs
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. Who is your #1 WR?

• Jerry Jeudy
    • CeeDee Lamb
    • Henry Ruggs
    • Someone Else
  4. 4. How difficult a decision would it be for you if it came down to Okudah, the #4 OT, or the #1 WR?

• Extremely Easy Decision
    • Easy Decision
    • Neither particularly Easy nor particularly Difficult
    • Difficult Decision
    • Extremely Difficult Decision

If Okudah falls it is because 3-4 QBs went before him. If Okudah is there that means likely all 4 OTs are gone, and Jeudy or Lamb, If Okudah falls it is possible that both Simmons and Okudah are there.  We could trade down at higher than draft chart value,

It would be a Mac pick all over again

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lets see, Take the #1 CB (by alot), a position we have a huge hole in, a position that is not that deep top end for this draft.

or

Take the 4th or 6th bet tackle (due to scheme fit)

or

A WR in a super deep we draft.

People mistake take no Defense with take a D position that is premium, as in CB or pass rusher.

We are taking a CB in this draft, maybe more than one.

I'll take Okudah and the best Wr with our 2nd 3rd rounder than wr and then a CB with that pick.

Normally I would agree with you but we have neglected the offense forever. As currently constructed we have a decent defense, but we also have the lowest ranked offense in the NFL with a QB that we need to make a long term decision looming close.

Gotta go offense.

I also think this discussion is moot because he won't be available when our pick rolls around. I love Okudah but I'm sure there will be an offensive player that I like just as much and possibly even more.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lets see, Take the #1 CB (by alot), a position we have a huge hole in, a position that is not that deep top end for this draft.

or

Take the 4th or 6th bet tackle (due to scheme fit)

or

A WR in a super deep we draft.

People mistake take no Defense with take a D position that is premium, as in CB or pass rusher.

We are taking a CB in this draft, maybe more than one.

I'll take Okudah and the best Wr with our 2nd 3rd rounder than wr and then a CB with that pick.

I get the concept of a big drop off at CB, but you are still essentially saying that you value taking the best CB over the best WR when we have a much greater need at WR.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The only reason I would consider Okudah is because he's an elite prospect at a premium position and that position is also an extreme need.

And that begs the question, why are 10 other teams passing on him and why hasn't another team jumped into the 8/9/10 spot to take him? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

No way Okudah drops to #11 unless he's seriously injured or has just beat up his pregnant girl friend and only the Jets don't have this information. Gettleman takes the LB Simmons because he thinks he smarter than everybody else and imagines Simmons will turn out to be LT in his prime.

The top three QB's all go early and DT's Brown and/or Kinlaw will go before #11. Some team will draft or trade up for one of the top WR's. That leaves the Jets with the 2nd or 3rd pick of LT's.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The only reason I would consider Okudah is because he's an elite prospect at a premium position and that position is also an extreme need.

That said, JDs day two better be very strong if that were the road he went down.

Just keep the nose ready. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And that begs the question, why are 10 other teams passing on him and why hasn't another team jumped into the 8/9/10 spot to take him? 

Revis was considered a stud CB coming out of Pitt, everyone knew the Jets would take him he was available and he fell to us at 14 that year.  Happens, depends on who's looking for what ahead of us.

Plus I never judge a player by teams who passed and possibly made a huge mistake.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I feel we need to help out Darnold, if not him then the QB that'll replace him in two seasons. So if we draft Okudah, although he's not my type of guy, Cook has to be in play. Crazy Antonio Brown anyone? Then let's not forget with our limited draft picks one of our biggest needs is OLB.