Mccaffrey signs huge extension

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans: WE ONLY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS CUZ DARNOLD WAS OUT

*** Panthers lose their franchise QB for 14 games ***

Also Jets fans: DA PANTHERS SUCK

Are the Panthers now in Salary cap hell for paying a RB all of that money and have the contracts from both Robby Anderson and Mccaffrey's MEGA contract crippled their bank accounts yet?

If not, then why can't the Jets pay our All-Pro Jamal Adams and STILL hand out a MONSTER deal to Sam Darnold? lol

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Stupid statement. It sucks with Darnold too, should we get rid of him also? How about getting more players like Adams and Darnold. 

Darnold is a developing QB heading into his third season. When he went out last year, the team went to sh*t. When he came back, they were competitive. The Jamal Adams led Jets, sans Darnold, were one of the worst teams in football history.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Darnold is a developing QB heading into his third season. When he went out last year, the team went to sh*t. When he came back, they were competitive. Jamal The Jamal Adams led Jets, sans Darnold, were one of the worst teams in football history.

Two of Darnold’s wins wouldn’t have happened without Adams (Giants & Cowboys). I’m a Darnold fan but again I marvel how quick some fans are to get rid of their most talented players. 

22 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Stupid statement. It sucks with Darnold too, should we get rid of him also? How about getting more players like Adams and Darnold. 

A subpar Darnold has still won us a lot more games than All-Pro Jamal Adams.  Maybe we should build the team around Darnold rather than the Box Safety?  Just a thought.

And yes, we absolutely should look to move on from Darnold if he isn't a Top 20 QB next season.

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Two of Darnold’s wins wouldn’t have happened without Adams (Giants & Cowboys). I’m a Darnold fan but again I marvel how quick some fans are to get rid of their most talented players. 

I marvel at how quickly some fans are to forget that an Adams-led defense got ripped apart by Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jamal’s strip of Daniel Jones happened at the top of the third quarter, after which Daniel Jones went right down the field on two consecutive possessions to score TDs and take the lead. Jones threw four TDs on the day. Darnold is the one who brought them back. The Cowboys game was won by Marcus Maye making a ridiculous diving PD on the Cowboys TE on the play before Dak sh*t his pants and wobbled into the a-gap where all Jamal had to do was put him on the carpet. Dak choked, and an unblocked Adams cleaned it up.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A subpar Darnold has still won us a lot more games than All-Pro Jamal Adams.  

And yes, we absolutely should look to move on from Darnold if he isn't a Top 20 QB next season.

Of course a top QB is essential, but I still don't understand the fascination of trading our most talented player.  If Adams wants an unrealistic contract, I get it, but no one knows what he wants. I know I haven't read any solid demands anywhere.   Good franchises do not trade their top talent.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Of course a top QB is essential, but I still don't understand the fascination of trading our most talented player.  If Adams wants an unrealistic contract, I get it, but no one knows what he wants. I know I haven't read any solid demands anywhere.   Good franchises do not trade their top talent.

I'm not advocating trading CJ Mosley.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Good franchises do not trade their top talent.

Of course they do.  This is a rule set by nobody.  Just about anybody in the league outside of Pat Mahomes is on the trading block at all times for the right price. 

No intelligent franchise puts a rope around a player, especially one that doesn't move the needle in the W-L colimn.  Douglas didn't put the phone down when the Cowboys were calling with offers.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I marvel at how quickly some fans are to forget that an Adams-led defense got ripped apart by Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

Even in the two games he mentions, the amazing Jamal Adams defense choked up leads late against both the Cowboys and Giants and Darnold had to bring them back in both games. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal’s strip of Daniel Jones happened at the top of the third quarter, after which Daniel Jones went right down the field on two consecutive possessions to score TDs and take the lead. Jones three four TDs on the day. Darnold is the one who brought them back. The Cowboys game was won by Marcus Maye making a ridiculous diving PD on the Cowboys TE on the play before Dak sh*t his pants and wobbled into the a-gap where all Jamal had to do was put him on the carpet. Dak choked, and an unblocked Adams cleaned it up.

We've exhausted this topic.  We agree to disagree.  However it plays out, I hope it works out for the Jets in the long-run.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course they do.  This is a rule set by nobody.  Just about anybody in the league outside of Pat Mahomes is on the trading block at all times for the right price. 

No intelligent franchise puts a rope around a player, especially one that doesn't move the needle in the W-L colimn.  Douglas didn't put the phone down when the Cowboys were calling with offers.

I'm not saying we shouldn't listen to offers for Adams or anyone else for that matter. However, if we trade Adams, I want fair compensation.  IMO, the 17th pick in the draft is not.

CMC is a great RB but with his touches his luck will run out regarding his health. Ankle twist, knee, shoulder just a matter of time. RB by committee is the way to go. The Super Bowl running back was paid a measly sum of money.