NFL virtual draft Test Run Today

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. Jesus. What a mess. 
Also why do all 32 have to be on the call at the same time? For what purpose? 

When it’s your turn. Call it in. I don’t get it. 

Yeah the lobby aspect seems weird to me too.  The GMs aren't all in the same room in the draft on a normal draft.  Why would they need to be here?

For TV, in reality they just need Goodell announcing picks. 

22 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. Jesus. What a mess. 
Also why do all 32 have to be on the call at the same time? For what purpose? 

When it’s your turn. Call it in. I don’t get it. 

Exactly that’s the way I thought it would be.  When you are in the clock it should be just you unless there is a trade being worked out 

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

This is just begging for North Korean / Iranian hackers to F*%& up!

What better way to get back at America than going after the highest rated sporting league?

I’d like to think they’d go after teams with names like, “Patriots.” 

• Haha 1

I wonder what the penalty would be if any team was found to hack another team.

I'd imagine Goodell would take just about every draft pick the hackers had for the next five years.

Of course, if it were the Pats, they'd be sent a sternly written letter not to do it again.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I'd imagine Goodell would take just about every draft pick the hackers had for the next five years.

Of course, if it were the Pats, they'd be sent a sternly written letter not to do it again.

pmtbill GIF by Barstool Sports

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Honestly, if they can't get through a draft without trying something ridiculous like hacking another team, I don't know what to say. I think Goodell should already be telling teams if they F around they are losing 100% of draft picks and are not in playoffs for 3 years. Make it really harsh. 

If Goodell wasn't so hellbent on making it a TV show spectacle, the right play would have been to find a mid-sized UX/UI tech firm to build an app specifically to accommodate the draft. 3-4 weeks $250k and it would have been something they could improve on and leverage for future years, while ensuring this year's draft isn't a debacle. Let the teams conduct business via the app - and have the app generate an automatic feed of picks as they get made. So the media can do their thing and all say the same 2 stories about the prospects.

The fact that they're conducting it like a conference call is absurd. I swear to all things chocolatey and sweet, the more power and money involved, the less inventive, entrepreneurial and problem-oriented the solutions become.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Some are saying the fact they had multiple issues in the mock draft may lead to the draft being postponed from Thursday. The bengals (first on the clock) had issues right off the bat. 

Who is saying that?  I have seen nothing from any of the NFL reporters that would indicate this.

• Upvote 1