Jamal Adams draft day 180

AFJF

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

If memory serves correctly, Jamal was fired up about the draft picks last year and was welcoming them to NY via twitter after they were picked.  He seemed to be taking on a pro-active role as prez of the welcoming committee.

Noticed he'd been quiet during this draft so I checked his feed and the only message I saw him send was to congratulate Laremy Tunsil on getting huge money with the Texans.

Priorities shifting?

He did that cuz he wants to borrow his pot gas mask 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He congratulated McCaffrey on his huge deal, Tunsil, and then, on the day the rumor leaked about Pat Mahomes getting $40 mil, he tweeted at Mahomes. Anyone who thinks Jamal is going to take a team-friendly deal, or that Douglas is going to overpay him, is nuts.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He congratulated McCaffrey on his huge deal, Tunsil, and then, on the day the rumor leaked about Pat Mahomes getting $40 mil, he tweeted at Mahomes. Anyone who thinks Jamal is going to take a team-friendly deal, or that Douglas is going to overpay him, is nuts.

Really curious to see how it all plays out and how much $ he’s willing to give Jamal.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

If memory serves correctly, Jamal was fired up about the draft picks last year and was welcoming them to NY via twitter after they were picked.  He seemed to be taking on a pro-active role as prez of the welcoming committee.

Noticed he'd been quiet during this draft so I checked his feed and the only message I saw him send was to congratulate Laremy Tunsil on getting huge money with the Texans.

Priorities shifting?

OMG, does it stop?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

he'll be fine once he signs a deal, unfortunately this is how players like this are.. the difference is once he signs he'll be an all in guy.. I wear tired of his petty attitude about it, but I get it. 

It's not ideal to deal with people with these kinds of personalities, but i don't fault players for trying to get their money.  This is a business, these guys career spans are short.  You have to make your money while you can, because its sure as hell as soon as you're not a valuable asset the teams cut you with 0 remorse.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Priorities shifting?

He only has one priority.  Himself.  Same as most players TBH.  

Who cares what he says, lets see him have a great seasons.  That is what counts.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

OMG, does it stop?

Apparently not.

Now that the draft is over, it will probably be back to all Jamal, all the time. ](*,)

Hopefully Douglas gives him a new deal soon. That way we suffer through maybe a week of "how do you pay a safety" stuff for about a week. Then everyone can move onto whoever the next fall guy is.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Sam darnold hasn’t welcomed anyone should we be worried? Lol

No, Obviously you don't follow this type of stuff here a lot.

He is the Golden Child.

This is just him being the strong, silent type of guy who leads by example.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

he'll be fine once he signs a deal, unfortunately this is how players like this are.. the difference is once he signs he'll be an all in guy.. I wear tired of his petty attitude about it, but I get it. 

It's not ideal to deal with people with these kinds of personalities, but i don't fault players for trying to get their money.  This is a business, these guys career spans are short.  You have to make your money while you can, because its sure as hell as soon as you're not a valuable asset the teams cut you with 0 remorse.  

You are right, it is a business, and as such, he should have been traded before the draft. Lets just see how much chaos he wreaks during his contract talks. As I see it now, he has been a phony and nothing but a self promoter the entire time he has been here.

Jamal has zero leverage in contract negotiations.  Per the new CBA if he holds out of training camp at all he is penalized by the league adding a 6th year of control to the Jets. So theoretically the Jets could have control of him by using the 6 years then 2 franchise tags and then he wouldn't be a FA till he's 29. That should stop the threat of him holding out ever. Who cares about the virtual nonsense.  I'm hoping some other team comes along and offers a boatload of picks in 2021 for him so we can move on and continue to grow this team with UNSELFISH leaders through the draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Why is every single move this guy makes constantly scrutinized?  He’s the best player on our team, a 2 time pro-bowler, an all pro and was drafted by us.  Give the guy 15-16M a year a enough with it. 

He's under team control for at least 2 more years.  What's the rush?

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Why is every single move this guy makes constantly scrutinized?  He’s the best player on our team, a 2 time pro-bowler, an all pro and was drafted by us.  Give the guy 15-16M a year a enough with it. 

No give him 18 to 20, he deserves it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Players don't really take "team friendly deals" unless they're Tom Brady and the Pats are cheating to pay him in other ways. They get as much money as they can and how can you really blame them?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is this what you call congratulating him?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No give him 18 to 20, he deserves it.

Love the sarcasm. I’m all for making him the highest paid safety at 15-16m.  If he thinks he should be the highest paid on the team since he’s the best player at 18-19m per, then he can take a walk.  No team is going to give him that much anyway.

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

WTF, why is every move he makes scrutinized? Are you kidding me? This is a guy who loves the cameras, loves the self promotion and is always tweeting about himself every chance he can. That is why he is scrutinized. If they pay this guy 15 M a year it will be a big mistake, he has shown that we haven't won with him, so lets try winning without him.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, GaryM said:

WTF, why is every move he makes scrutinized? Are you kidding me? This is a guy who loves the cameras, loves the self promotion and is always tweeting about himself every chance he can. That is why he is scrutinized. If they pay this guy 15 M a year it will be a big mistake, he has shown that we haven't won with him, so lets try winning without him.

Calm down Gary.  How many players on this jets defense since Adams has been here do you think would be starters in the 31 other teams?  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Is this what you call congratulating him?

No, I think Jamal Adams just arbitrarily decided to express his appreciation for Christian McCaffrey entirely independent from the fact that a player from his draft class just signed a supermassive extension. Maybe Jamal was watching old Stanford highlights or something who can tell

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1