Will the Jets do anything more in free agency

We've seen several moves by Joe Douglas to improve the team especially the O line. For this I give him a huge thumbs up, also he gets an extreme thumbs up for not buying into the former GM's habit of throwing big $$$ at questionable stars who turned out to be busts. 

The rumors going around about the Jets going after Logan Ryan, Larry Warford, Jason Peters and a few others have gotten plenty of interest from Jets fans. However latest news seems to be that Joe Douglas may not pursue any other free agents at this time. Now I'm hoping this means they will end up paying Adams what he deserves as the best safety in the league. But no matter how it all turns out I have complete confidence in Douglas doing what is financially and player best for the team in the long run.

So my question is where do you other Jets fans believe things will turn out in the time left before actual team workouts and meetings commence?

I’m old enough to remember when Larry Warford was this once in a blue moon pro bowl guard that hardly ever becomes available. That died down fairly quickly.

I see Joe D being opportunistic and waiting for the right guys to become available.

I think Logan Ryan is one of those guys. So as soon as he drops his asking price, he’ll be a Jet. I think we will add an OL. But it’ll likely be a camp cut. So, don’t know who it is yet. Same with WR. We may add a camp cut.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ryan makes no sense dude plays vs slot most of the time. We already have Poole. 

Can never have enough corners, especially if the price is right. Out of the few big guys left Clowney, Warford, Ryan and Peters I think Ryan is the most likely. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Can never have enough corners, especially if the price is right. Out of the few big guys left Clowney, Warford, Ryan and Peters I think Ryan is the most likely. 

I guess it wouldn't hurt. Id take clowney over ryan tho

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ryan has played outside and been good there, too. We’ve got Pierre Desir, Brian Poole, Bless Austin and.... 

Bryce Hall coming off a major injury. 

We feel confident about this? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I guess it wouldn't hurt. Id take clowney over ryan tho

Apparently Clowney's knee medicals are keeping him from getting signed.  Nobodyy's been able to bring him in and have their own medical advisors look at him.  So his status iis still up in the air.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

He makes perfect sense.  Hes a quality corner who with the rest of the CBs being able to cover Adams can we unreleased in more ways 

49 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I see Joe D being opportunistic and waiting for the right guys to become available.

If there's one thing we've learned about JD it's that he's got a value/price on guys and won't budge. I wouldn't be shocked to see more signings if prices come down on some of the bigger names.

• Upvote 4

I guess that would be my one down vote on JD thus far. I love everything he’s done, but we need to get Sam a weapon. Who knows, maybe Mims catches fire quick and perriman’s last 5 games are now the norm, but my blood boils thinking about kyler getting Hopkins and Allen getting diggs. Get Sam a guy out there!

Larry Warford has to be a Jet. He instantly makes this OL an elite unit. And possibly keep it that way for 3-4 years. That can kickstart a window of opportunity. If Darnold can turn it up a notch this year, we would obviously have to figure a way to pay him, Adams and the OL. But it’s all doable. We don’t have too many other big priced players besides Mosley. And I don’t see Bell being here in 2021.  

Larry Warford will make Darnold take a small leap at least. And another first of second round WR would provide enough ammo even for someone like Sanchez to make a deep run in the playoffs. Without Larry, we will be pinning our hopes on Darnold to take a bigger leap (pro bowl level play) that may not be there. 

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Patience is a virtue on this one.  Giving up 2020 or even 2021 draft capital for a WR made little sense given our many needs. But as I've pointed out in other threads, next offseason, the following WRs are all scheduled to be free agents:

• Chris Godwin
  • Keenan Allen
  • T.Y. Hilton
  • Allen Robinson
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Cooper Kupp
  • Marvin Jones
  • Sammy Watkins
  • Larry Fitzgerald
  • A.J. Green
  • Will Fuller
  • Corey Davis
  • John Ross
  • Demarcus Robinson
  • Curtis Samuel
  • Dede Westbrook
  • Mohamed Sanu
  • Zay Jones
  • Chris Conley
  • Marqise Lee
  • Keelan Cole
  • Tajae Sharpe

I'll take a JuJu and a burrito.

• Sympathy 1

If Ryan comes down from his $10 mil demand, I'd like to see him be that final piece to the secondary.  Also Peters added as a final piece for the OL is still possible.  

There's also a possibility Jets may add a veteran WR.  Perhaps they bring back Demaryius Thomas...as he has some chemistry with Darnold and is familiar with Gase's offense..

We're close to June 1st.  That's when I think some of these signings could happen.   

• Upvote 1

I don’t think anybody (players and teams) are in a rush to get these deals done. The off-season is already delayed-at this point there is no benefit in signing a deal now as opposed right before training camp. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don’t think anybody (players and teams) are in a rush to get these deals done. The off-season is already delayed-at this point there is no benefit in signing a deal now as opposed right before training camp. 

Does anyone know how that would work contract wise? Let's say we don't have a season, how does that work?