Bad news supposedly coming out of Washington eventually

One would have to suspect that the details of this story are scandalous and juicy enough that The Post is crossing every legal "i" and crossing every legal "t" to ensure that the story is air tight. That means it may very well be some of these things that are being asserted.

So, this does not seem to be some Mehta bait and switch shenanigans.

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That surprises you? 

Holy hell, if you guys had any clue what goes on with NFL or professional sports cheerleaders your minds would be blown. 

Intimate knowledge considering not only was my ex an NFL cheerleader for 4 years but so was my sister for 8 years or so. 

I can tell you some ****ed up jazz about Manning, Vanderjagt, Clark, Vick, and about 10 other players, most out of Indy but a few others as well. 

A topless photoshoot is tame compared to the sh*t I've heard. 

We can create a club topic on this which will allow stories and pictures.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

It’s coming out...

The push for the Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to remove the "Redskins" out of the football team's name is the least of Daniel Snyder's problems. Sometime in the next week, the Washington Post is going to release a story with inside scoop on Daniel Snyder's alarming behavior. According to insiders and anonymous Washington Post employees, the article will allege that:
Dan Snyder abuses drugs and alcohol
Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him. And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.
Snyder and former Redskins coach Jay Gruden, brother of Jon Gruden, pimped out their cheerleaders to season ticket holders while holding their passports from them in a foreign country
Jay Gruden and then Redskins running back Kapri Bibbs were sleeping with the same woman. When Jay found out, he got petty and benched Bibbs. During that game when Bibbs was on the bench, Bibbs' replacement missed a block and that resulted in quarterback Alex Smith suffering a broken leg. Alex hasn't been able to play football ever since
Snyder and Gruden would hold sex parties with rampant drug usage and some sexual assaults
Snyder held nude photoshoots with the the Redskins cheerleaders
Lawyers are already involved, and possibly the FBI”

Episode 5 Seriously GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

One would have to suspect that the details of this story are scandalous and juicy enough that The Post is crossing every legal "i" and crossing every legal "t" to ensure that the story is air tight. That means it may very well be some of these things that are being asserted.

So, this does not seem to be some Mehta bait and switch shenanigans.

Meh. If this was actually that juicy it probably  wouldn’t be coming from the Washington Post. What was the last real scandalous sports story besides Penn State? I don’t even remember who broke that. Deadspin had the Teo fake GF thing and in retrospect that was hardly much of anything. The NY Post had the Donaghy NBA story. The Baylor story I guess too, but didn’t the coach not face any charges? The Redskins get clicks so right now it just feels more buildup than teeth imo.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

We can create a club topic on this which will allow stories and pictures.

I will tell all the stories lol. I dont have pictures that incriminate but I can at least verify that I know the cheerleaders lol. 

I can tell you the REAL reason the Colts never resigned Vanderjagt and ended up going after Vinatieri. Hint, it AINT football related. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Meh. If this was actually that juicy it probably  wouldn’t be coming from the Washington Post. What was the last real scandalous sports story besides Penn State? I don’t even remember who broke that. Deadspin had the Teo fake GF thing and in retrospect that was hardly much of anything. The NY Post had the Donaghy NBA story.

So high level people in the organization are quitting their jobs in droves because.....?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Meh. If this was actually that juicy it probably  wouldn’t be coming from the Washington Post. What was the last real scandalous sports story besides Penn State? I don’t even remember who broke that. Deadspin had the Teo fake GF thing and in retrospect that was hardly much of anything. The NY Post had the Donaghy NBA story.

I would say an active Tight End murdering several people nudges the boundary of scandal.

• Upvote 2

It’s coming out...

The push for the Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to remove the "Redskins" out of the football team's name is the least of Daniel Snyder's problems. Sometime in the next week, the Washington Post is going to release a story with inside scoop on Daniel Snyder's alarming behavior. According to insiders and anonymous Washington Post employees, the article will allege that:
Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him. And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.
Snyder and former Redskins coach Jay Gruden, brother of Jon Gruden, pimped out their cheerleaders to season ticket holders while holding their passports from them in a foreign country
Jay Gruden and then Redskins running back Kapri Bibbs were sleeping with the same woman. When Jay found out, he got petty and benched Bibbs. During that game when Bibbs was on the bench, Bibbs' replacement missed a block and that resulted in quarterback Alex Smith suffering a broken leg. Alex hasn't been able to play football ever since
Snyder and Gruden would hold sex parties with rampant drug usage and some sexual assaults

If true, easily the biggest piece of this story would be the paying off of the refs but that might get lost somewhat in more sordid parts of the story.  People have accused sporting leagues of fraud for a long time but this would open things up significantly.  Let's not forget that the NBA had the ref scandal a decade or so ago.  They did an amazing job covering that up (I've always felt in my gut that there was way more to that story).  If the same problem exists in the NFL even today then it raises questions about all sports.

• Upvote 2

It’s coming out...

"Investment gold!"

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I would say an active Tight End murdering several people nudges the boundary of scandal.

Forgot about that. Yes that’s the biggest that wasn’t really a scandal though, just one player doing something really bad.

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

if bribing the refs can be proven and if other owners or coaches are involved, the NFL will be in deep trouble and will lose a large segment of its fan base for ever.   The NFL will never be the same if it is shown that bribing the refs has been a practice shared by owners.   I might just be done.  PSL holders will sue for every penny back, if true as well.  It's called fraud.

It needs its own thread so I started one.

And gamblers will have a right to sue too.  Is it time to short Draftkings stock?

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And people wouldn't be jumping ship from the organization in droves if this story is based on a lie, exaggeration, or minor thing.

Only one guy left (jumped ship).  The other two were fired (and one was replaced by a Rivera guy from Carolina).

Not defending Snyder Co., just pointing out that there is no mass exodus.  One guy.  Two fired.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Only one guy left dude.  The other two were fired (and one was replaced by a Rivera guy from Carolina).

Not defending Snyder Co., just pointing out that there is no mass exodus.  One guy.  Two fired.

Leaks are suggesting the minority owners are trying to sell off their shares of the team.

And didn't the VP of player personnel or something quit too?  

• Upvote 1

Oh, and there was also reports of a mass exodus last year due to a "terrible culture".  This was almost exactly 1 year ago:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/11/washington-redskins-mass-exodus-employees-dan-snyder

Washington has reportedly experienced a "mass exodus" of employees since January. A large share of departures coming from the business end of the organization, per Russell. 

"I've been told this by multiple, multiple people. Almost 40 people have left, behind the scenes," Russell said on Wednesday. "We're not talking about football players or coaches or anything like that. ... Nobody wants to work there. It's a terrible culture."

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I hear ya.

The Myrtle Beach/Conway area was one of the ones I was considering. How do you like it otherwise bsides its culinary shortcomings?

I’d stay away from the Conway area. The traffic on 501 is almost like back home. It’s a pretty contested area.

Try staying off 17. Start looking as north as Little River, and go as south as the Pawleys Island/Murrells Inlet area. You should be able to find something in whatever price range you want, and the beaches, entertainment and dining will be much more accessible.

I love where I’m at in North Myrtle, it’s a gated golf community just over the Intercoastal, and I’m right in the heart of Restaurant row, adjacent to Barefoot Landing.

The weather isn’t as bad as you’re imagining, we basically get 3 seasons here (no winter) summers can get humid, but not really much worse than a bad heat wave up home. 

I love it here, if it wasn’t for my entire family living on Long Island, I’d never head back north again. There are plenty of people here from our area, and almost every one of them feel the same way I do.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Only one guy left (jumped ship).  The other two were fired (and one was replaced by a Rivera guy from Carolina).

Fair enough.  2 fired, 1 quit, and three owners with minority stakes trying to sell rather abruptly.  1 high powered DC lawyer with class action lawsuit experience retained.

We don't know how bad it is aside from these rumors and trying to triangulate other confirmed pieces of information, but it certainly doesn't look good.  The only question now is how bad.

• Upvote 1

It’s coming out...

this is from the onion right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Some crazy stuff out there though.

https://www.jordanthrilla.com/post/jay-gruden-benched-rb-kapri-bibbs-after-he-caught-him-smashing-his-side-chick-receptionist-at-redskins-park/

Jay Gruden Benched RB Kapri Bibbs After He Caught Him Smashing His Side Chick Receptionist at Redskins Park

July 16, 2020

Jay Gruden Benched RB Kapri Bibbs after he caught him smashing his side chick receptionist, according to a new rumor. Jay Gruden and Kapri Bibbs where both hooking up with same receptionist who worked at Redskins Park. Apparently Jay Gruden got very angry when he found out Kapri Bibbs was sleeping with the same woman.

Jay Gruden replaced Kapri Bibbs with Byron Marshall, which eventually led to Alex Smith getting injured after he missed a blocking assignment. Take a look at the alleged evidence.

wefwefwefwff-2.thumb.jpg.d9d18d9fb81bf4df7990ef983ba30338.jpg

wefwefwefwff-3.thumb.jpg.177f443d9d20ac6ebba91d658126839c.jpg

• Upvote 1