Bad news supposedly coming out of Washington eventually

19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Scot was also banging Diana Russini, and his wife publicly called them out on it a few years ago. LOL. 

http://hitnewsnow.blogspot.com/2015/09/redskins-gms-wife-accuses-espns-dianna.html?m=1

Oh wow, didn't hear that.  I thought it was due to alcoholism.  Also, I didn't know there might actually be something to the Dianna Russini rumors.  Btw, if this story is true, it doesn't reflect well on her either.  Even if that was the "price" for inside info on the team, it didn't mean she had to comply. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/washington-redskins-football-bombshell-coming

The removal of a nickname won’t end Daniel Snyder’s problems.

Shortly after the Washington Redskins owner announced that his team would no longer be known by its present name, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS NAME OFFENDED 'MILLIONS' FOR GENERATIONS, TRIBAL LEADER SAYS

“The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again,” wrote CBS’ Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, “What’s coming is disappointing and sad.”

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters also have been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

“There is much more going on . . . than a name change,” Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. “. . . And it’s not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington shared a similar tweet.

“A real busy week. And it’s not all going to be about the name and it’s not all going to be pretty.”

It is believed that a Washington Post story expected to be released on Thursday is the basis for the tweets.

This article first appeared in the New York Post

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No effin way. I'm from 20th and 81st.

Pretty kewl.  I'm 53 BTW.  I finished kindergarten in Brooklyn, but by 1st grade, I was in Bergen County NJ.  My family made the move when the company my father worked for left Manhattan and settled in NJ.  My grandparents and countless aunts and uncles still lived in Brooklyn, so we were there visiting almost every weekend.  Some of the things I remember were shopping on 86th street with my grandmother (all those punching bag balloons with rice in them) *REAL* Italian ice, Mr. Bernstein's little grocery store on 21st Ave and old school pizza.  How many slices did you usually get when you went to Lenny's ???

My grandfather was the first to have Jets tickets.  Then he passed 'em on to my father.  Then he passed 'em on to me.  Then I gave them up in 2014. 

lennys-4.jpg

97eb0005ef2db804922e348a64172e44--brooklyn-pizza-new-york-pizza.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Pretty kewl.  I'm 53 BTW.  I finished kindergarten in Brooklyn, but by 1st grade, I was in Bergen County NJ.  My family made the move when the company my father worked for left Manhattan and settled in NJ.  My grandparents and countless aunts and uncles still lived in Brooklyn, so we were there visiting almost every weekend.  Some of the things I remember were shopping on 86th street with my grandmother (all those punching bag balloons with rice in them) *REAL* Italian ice, Mr. Bernstein's little grocery store on 21st Ave and old school pizza.  How many slices did you usually get when you went to Lenny's ???

My grandfather was the first to have Jets tickets.  Then he passed 'em on to my father.  Then he passed 'em on to me.  Then I gave them up in 2014. 

lennys-4.jpg

97eb0005ef2db804922e348a64172e44--brooklyn-pizza-new-york-pizza.jpg

I just went there on Monday lol 

All the memories. I'm not very far behind you in age. 

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'm sure this has been said in this thread, but I am going to be so ******* jealous if Dan Snyder gets cancelled and forced to sell the team.  Been hoping for a Woody scandal forever...

Yep.  We need a scandal that gets Woody removed but without costing us a 1st round pick.  Something right in the sweet spot.  

Maybe his boss can do us a solid and make something like that happen?  He has a home in NYC too, after all....

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But, oh boy, when it comes out, maybe, watch out because the shlt will fly!

Exactly right. 

It's like the news equivalent of an announcement... for a teaser... of a trailer... of a movie. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Still waiting- since it’s taking this long to break it’s probably a whole bunch of nothing

I wouldn't hold your breath today.  If anything is going to drop, outside the rumourmill, it's tomorrow when the supposed WaPo article is published.

just read on a Washington Redthings board that the report includes this: Gruden refused to play Capri Bibbs because Bibbs was sleeping with the same woman as Gruden.   Lots of other juicy stuff regarding Gruden and the sex culture he ran after hours there.

:smilies2_3some:

• Upvote 1

Interesting timing....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/15/larry-michael-retires-washington-nfl-team/

Larry Michael, the lead play-by-play announcer on radio broadcasts of Washington’s NFL team the last 16 seasons, announced his retirement Wednesday. Michael, who started working on the team’s broadcasts as a pregame and postgame host, eventually joined the club’s front office, serving as its chief content officer and a senior vice president overseeing its video content and television shows.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

just read on a Washington Redthings board that the report includes this: Gruden refused to play Capri Bibbs because Bibbs was sleeping with the same woman as Gruden.   Lots of other juicy stuff regarding Gruden and the sex culture he ran after hours there.

:smilies2_3some:

If the story revolves around Capri Bibbs then we’re looking at a bombshell

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

they've had multiple resignations recently.  It must have been known that this was brewing. Classic case of the rats deserting the sinking ship.

It's so disgusting to me that people only jump ship after the organization gets caught.  Oh, so as long as a scandal was hid in the shadows, you all were cool with collecting that paycheck?  Awesome.

• Upvote 4