Bad news supposedly coming out of Washington eventually

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

There was a Jahn's on 86th street too.  Is it the Gap now?  It was probably gone for a decade before the one in Forest Hills.  I read an article a couple of years ago that there is still one in Jackson Heights.  FWIW, I think Pastrami King is still there in Kew Gardens.

Used to love when my father would take me down 86th street and we'd get a slice and then off to Jahns.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Its basically the same allegations Cuban and the Mavericks were accused of. No point shaving or sex trafficking. It's certainly not good, but not a massive bombshell either.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did anyone ever follow up on the Mark Cuban story or NBA players answering room service in the bubble with their birthday suits on or is that fair game bc it’s the NBA ?

Lol I knew a maid at a major hotel that worked also delivery room service and she was more surprised when a male client was dressed when they answered the door than naked or in underwear

While sexual harrassment does happen and it should be taken serious, this story does not qualify as "bombshell" level news.  

There are some serious accusations in there mixed with not so serious ones. People will lose some jobs, some wont. 15 accusations in a corporate setting the size of the Redskins is not a lot over the course of several years. We dont have any idea the level of progressive punishment the Redskins used as of yet. 

Sorry. This is a nothingburger to the sports world.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

While sexual harrassment does happen and it should be taken serious, this story does not qualify as "bombshell" level news.  

There are some serious accusations in there mixed with not so serious ones. People will lose some jobs, some wont. 15 accusations in a corporate setting the size of the Redskins is not a lot over the course of several years. We dont have any idea the level of progressive punishment the Redskins used as of yet. 

Also nothing seems to be directed towards Snyder himself. Just that this happened under his franchise. So it’ll just be fire the accused, and we’re good. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Also nothing seems to be directed towards Snyder himself. Just that this happened under his franchise. So it’ll just be fire the accused, and we’re good. 

Which would be completely fine. 

Having owners step down/sell for sh*t like this in the workplace is asinine. It happens everywhere AND it's generally handled properly 99% of the time. Most companies aire on the side of caution and let people go for very little in the way of accusations for legal reasons. 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reads like it was going to be a good story until Wapo’s legal department took an axe to it. Pity.

I was thinking that or someone from the Redskins PR team leaked out this absolutely horrible story to build up expectations so that when it turns out it's "just"  sexual harassment it doesn't seems so bad. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

There is zero chance three minority stakeholders are taking Snyder to court to get out of owning their share of an NFL team over some sexual harassment sh*t. There’s more to this, but no paper is going to publish anything that’ll get them sued into oblivion. It’ll come out. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I was thinking that or someone from the Redskins PR team leaked out this absolutely horrible story to build up expectations so that when it turns out it's "just"  sexual harassment it doesn't seems so bad. 

This isnt our of the realm of possibility, and if so, that PR manager deserves a raise. 

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I assume you mean "nothing steamed hams".

• Upvote 1

It's also worth noting that ESPN isnt even running this as their top story right now. 

Espn, Cnn, Foxsports, NFL.com, Walterfootball, and about 10 other places arent even giving this top billing on their web pages. 

Have to say it's a bit of a dud on the initial report....although 15 people making accusations makes this look like a really, really toxic culture where nobody spoke up and leadership was asleep at the wheel at best (complicit at worst).

Let's see if anything follows.  I want to hear more about Jay Gruden. lol

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Which would be completely fine. 

Having owners step down/sell for sh*t like this in the workplace is asinine. It happens everywhere AND it's generally handled properly 99% of the time. Most companies aire on the side of caution and let people go for very little in the way of accusations for legal reasons. 

Fairly impressive that La Canfora is undefeated in being wrong.

• Haha 2