Do you know why Jamal hasn't been traded yet? Because he's not worth more than a lower 1st round pick, and the Jets can't get better than that!

Alka

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Ints are not meaningful stats for a strong safety. Tackles, Tackles for Loss, Force Fumbles and Sacks are.

Dude is a nutsack ... But a very talented nutsack.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

- They are for a guy if he wants to be considered among the very best.

- the stats you list should be handled by the dline olbs and ilbs. because this is a passing league.

- The things that make you win are not import for SS, thus SS should be about the lowest priority on the team.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Jamal Adams was on another team and that team called the Jets to trade him here, what price would you want Joe Douglas to give up in a trade? You would not give over the 2021 first.

Boom! Just go to the comments section of any team that has been discussed regarding a possible trade for Jamal Adams & those fans not only don't want to give up a 1st round for him, or trade a player straight up, from their viewpoint they want the Jets giving them a pick ?. Fans who understand football know this guy isn't Ed Reed, or Troy, or even Earl Thomas in his prime. Plus, everything he was asked to do along the LOS last year, CJ Mosely can do. His coverage is ok, it's not great. I always like to remind our fans that we went to 2 AFC championship games with Eric Smith & Jim Leonard. Why tie so much money up at safety when we could just do what KC did, sign a guy short term when your ready to compete for a Super Bowl. Every year good safeties are available in free agency, just like Mathieu was last year. NBD....no big deal. Meaning we are not getting a big deal from anyone for Jamal Adams. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

The INTs/PDs illustrate Adams deficiencies in his coverage skills.  He is average at best in coverage and more likely below average.

Most overrated player in the NFL by a wide margin.

Adams isnt deficient in coverage skills.

Adams is just more effective in DWs D when hes close to the line or blitzing.  Hes the only real weapon GW has and he uses it a lot.  Whenever Adams was put in coverage last year he was fine. 

3 hours ago, Alka said:

The Jets drafted Jamal Adams with the 6th pick in the first round, but he's not worth it.  

That's right, he's not worth it.  The reasons for this:

1. 2 career picks in 3 years.  That is anemic, and without picks, is not a game changer.

2. Jamal's got 12 career sacks, but so what?  If the Jets had any legitimate pass rushers on the line or at linebacker, then the defensive coach wouldn't have to be creative and send him in.  In other words, he shouldn't have 12 sacks if the other players that should be able to rush the passer were competent to do so. If that were the case, then he doesn't have the sacks, and we already know he can't get the picks.  

3. He wants to be the top paid player on the Jets.  He's not worth the money for that.  I'm still not sure he's worth the top 3 safety money in the league.

4. Yes, teams want Jamal!  That is  a fact!  I believe it is also a fact that he's not worth as much as Jamal thinks he is worth, and teams will not part with a top 15 1st round pick. A lower first round pick, yes.  Add a 4th or 5th round pick to the mix, and you got a deal.  Nobody wants to give the Jets that either.  

He's just not worth it.  All pro, who cares if he's an all pro if he can't can't change the complexion of a game with INT's.

bring back the butt fumble

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Boom! Just go to the comments section of any team that has been discussed regarding a possible trade for Jamal Adams & those fans not only don't want to give up a 1st round for him

Any team that needs a player at his position or fees hes the missing piece that their D needs like a SF, that fanbase would be braindead not to want to trade a 1 for him.

Pretty much everyone e agrees, Adams has outperformed his #6 slotted contract, lets not get crazy once again, downgrading what is a really good player, our best player, because hes a raging dickhead 

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- the stats you list should be handled by the dline olbs and ilbs. because this is a passing league.

- The things that make you win are not import for SS, thus SS should be about the lowest priority on the team.

More just winging things that arent true and make believe theories that are wrong

If the line and libs could do what Adams does are you actually trying to sell GWIlliams is too stupid or whatever and instead of leaving it to the DL or OLBs or ILBs he wastes a db by sending him?

Total fantasy  As the often repeated line, by you that SS is lowest priority on a team. Like with Reed.  Or Palomola.  Or Ed Lynch.  Or R Lott.  Or Sanders.  Should I keep going with this nonsense?

Want to trade him because hes a huge dick.  Fine

Dont like him and want to trade him.  Fine

Would rather have picks and want to trade him.  Fine

Dont make yourself look bad buy trying to make the case he isnt that good or important to a defense.  Thats BS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

The Jets drafted Jamal Adams with the 6th pick in the first round, but he's not worth it.  

That's right, he's not worth it.  The reasons for this:

1. 2 career picks in 3 years.  That is anemic, and without picks, is not a game changer.

2. Jamal's got 12 career sacks, but so what?  If the Jets had any legitimate pass rushers on the line or at linebacker, then the defensive coach wouldn't have to be creative and send him in.  In other words, he shouldn't have 12 sacks if the other players that should be able to rush the passer were competent to do so. If that were the case, then he doesn't have the sacks, and we already know he can't get the picks.  

3. He wants to be the top paid player on the Jets.  He's not worth the money for that.  I'm still not sure he's worth the top 3 safety money in the league.

4. Yes, teams want Jamal!  That is  a fact!  I believe it is also a fact that he's not worth as much as Jamal thinks he is worth, and teams will not part with a top 15 1st round pick. A lower first round pick, yes.  Add a 4th or 5th round pick to the mix, and you got a deal.  Nobody wants to give the Jets that either.  

He's just not worth it.  All pro, who cares if he's an all pro if he can't can't change the complexion of a game with INT's.

You answered your own question.  We only got 1 first for Revis and he was a way more important player

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

More just winging things that arent true and make believe theories that are wrong

If the line and libs could do what Adams does are you actually trying to sell GWIlliams is too stupid or whatever and instead of leaving it to the DL or OLBs or ILBs he wastes a db by sending him?

Total fantasy  As the often repeated line, by you that SS is lowest priority on a team. Like with Reed.  Or Palomola.  Or Ed Lynch.  Or R Lott.  Or Sanders.  Should I keep going with this nonsense?

Want to trade him because hes a huge dick.  Fine

Dont like him and want to trade him.  Fine

Would rather have picks and want to trade him.  Fine

Dont make yourself look bad buy trying to make the case he isnt that good or important to a defense.  Thats BS

He really isn't as good as he thinks he is, that blatantly obvious. He's good thats it nothing more. Like a small linebacker...He's pretty crappy in coverage, where Maye is one of the better coverage Safeties in the league, and a sure tackler.

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He really isn't as good as he thinks he is, that blatantly obvious. He's good thats it nothing more. Like a small linebacker...He's pretty crappy in coverage, where Maye is one of the better coverage Safeties in the league, and a sure tackler.

Which explains Seattle giving us two 1s and a 3rd

Maye was horrible last season and has an injury history.  Hes going to have his hands full holding off a rookie, goes hes moving to SS

Have no idea where this Maye its better nonsense comes from.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which explains Seattle giving us two 1s and a 3rd

Maye was horrible last season and has an injury history.  Hes going to have his hands full holding off a rookie, goes hes moving to SS

Have no idea where this Maye its better nonsense comes from.  

Maye and Adams in coverage are about the same

I think he wants out because our fan base called him out early as a POSER! The guy thinks he's the greatest player since sliced bread & Jet fans reacted to his tweets with trepidation. 

We were like dude, don't push Cam Newton after he SCORED. Stop clapping after 5 yard tackles. Stop saying your the best with 2 interceptions. The best thing that happened to Adams was Gronk retiring. He played against Jay Cutler, Taylor, Josh Allen, and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Brady pretty much made him his bitch all 6 games. Outside of Brady, yuck. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Jamal Adams was on another team and that team called the Jets to trade him here, what price would you want Joe Douglas to give up in a trade? You would not give over the 2021 first.

An good argument that seems to sail over most fans heads tbqh.

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams has 2 picks in 3 years.  So how is he so great in coverage again?

Yeah, and that means nothing given the way the jets line him up at the los.

Coverage is stopping an opponent from catching the ball, priority one

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And given the trade with Seattle those that supposedly had it sail over their heads are having a good chuckle.

Sorry, now it's sailing over my head....."trade with Seattle"?

EDIT:  Heh, nice.  Hadn't checked the news today. ?

Guess ol' me and Tom were 100% wrong on his trade value.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, now it's sailing over my head....."trade with Seattle"?

EDIT:  Heh, nice.  

Yeah, where we got two ones and a three as opposed to the idea that he won't get even a low one

Did you miss the trade? LOL

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, where we got two ones and a three as opposed to the idea that he won't get even a low one

Did you miss the trade?

Yup, completely.  Was in the yard clearing downed trees from all the storms this past week.

Just got in, hadn't read/heard a word of it when I posted above, lol.  Shows me don't it.

Just now, Warfish said:

Yup, completely.  Was in the yard clearing downed trees from all the storms this past week.

Just got in, hadn't read/heard a word of it when I posted above, lol.  Shows me don't it.

LOL, that's why I couldn't figure out your post.

I'm thinking, we may disagree from tine to time but the guy isnt dumb.  

To funny, great trade though, two 1s and a 3?  Dancing