Sam Darnold looking good in camp

Just an overall FYI for fans, since Mogglez brought it up...

300 yard passing games mean literally nothing.

In fact, if your QB throws for 300 yards, it most likely means you lost the game.

“...last season there were 132 300-yard passing games in the NFL. The combined record of those 300-yard passers was sub-.500 – 64-66-2. And if you subtracted NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ 8-2 mark, th hi ose 300-yard passers won a paltry 46.7 percent of their games.”

More...

Jared Goff passed for 517 yards last week against the Buccaneers. His Rams lost. Aaron Rodgers passed for 422 yards against the Eagles. His Packers also lost. So did the Bengals when Andy Dalton threw for 418 yards on opening day and the Seahawks when Russell Wilson threw for 406 yards against the Saints in Week 3. Former NFL MVP Matt Ryan has passed for 300 yards in all four games this season but his Atlanta Falcons are 1-3 to show for his arm.”

And since he likes Alex Smith, here is what Alex has to say about 300 yard games...

If you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great," Smith said. "You're not winning, though."

Just now, GreenCow said:

So are you fully off of trying to pretend that Alex Smith and Stafford are good QB’s and onto trying to turn this into a Josh Allen thing? Lol

Its so blatant, it’s sad.

You May want to let go of the past and get into the scrambling QB game. It’s a thing now, and it’s not going away.

Your basis around bashing Sam is to feel better about Allen so it was always about Allen.

Cam Newton being an absolute shell of himself proves that the RUNNING QB game, which Allen plays, not a scrambling QB like Russ or Mahomes, is not viable.  Especially when you have massive accuracy issues ?.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Your basis around bashing Sam is to feel better about Allen so it was always about Allen.

Cam Newton being an absolute shell of himself proves that the RUNNING QB game, which Allen plays, not a scrambling QB like Russ or Mahomes, is not viable.  Especially when you have massive accuracy issues ?.

Lol what? I never brought Allen up in this thread until you did.

Are you drunk?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

LMAO, you guys have deluded yourself into believing that throwing for 300 yards is "ackshully bad".

I can't.

You guys are just so adorable.  The best part is, Allen can't throw for 300 yards even when he's losing.

And since you like Alex Smith, here is what Alex has to say about 300 yard games...

If you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great," Smith said. "You're not winning, though."

2 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Lol what? I never brought Allen up in this thread until you did.

Are you drunk?

Again, your basis for even being here is to troll the fanbase about Sam because your fanbase has the insecurities of a 15 year old girl when it comes to Allen and your Bills.  Try to keep up.

3 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

And since you like Alex Smith, here is what Alex has to say about 300 yard games...

That's nice.  He can still throw for 300 yards, unlike Allen.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again, your basis for even being here is to troll the fanbase about Sam because your fanbase has the insecurities of a 15 year old girl when it comes to Allen and your Bills.  Try to keep up.

Oh you still think I’m not a Jets fan of 32 years.

Gotcha.

??‍♂️

10 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered.

Isn’t this, like, the actual definition of trolling? 

Not that I care about you doing it - you obviously need the attention...but just interesting how quickly you go on the defensive when someone calls you on it given the above mindset.

• Upvote 4

On 8/7/2020 at 2:26 PM, Savage69 said:

Trolly is good but he's no PatFanTex..:getgreen:

I really miss Tx. Years ago during my early JI days I'd dream of the day that Brady finally becomes washed up and leaves the Pats?

Can someone go dig up that poor bastard, please? I have no doubt he is still in some corner of Mom's basement. Find FF2, while we're at it. 

Jeeze you just threw me down memory lane with that one. When you've still got people mentioning you a decade plus later, that is true troll infamy.

JN needs a higher class of troll?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

There’s something you have to realize about the internet, and message boards like this.

We don’t know each other personally, and know very little, if anything about each other’s personal lives. We’ve pm’ed each other about a few things so I’ll tell you this...

I lost my mother last weekend, and drove up to Long Island immediately. My family buried her earlier this week. When I finally logged back on here, I saw about 40 notifications. Most of them were juvenile quotes or reacts to my supporting Jamal Adams, and not being as crazy about his trade as others.

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered. It gave me a few hours to forget my sorrow, and laugh at the childish feelings of grown men who are way too invested in a 23 year old QB.

.and oh yeah. I’d take any of those QBs over Darnold. I’ve seen two years of him, and guys like Jones (who had a way better rookie year on just as bad a team), Tua and Burrow can’t do any worse.

I'm sorry for your loss, dude. ?

• Upvote 2

On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

Thanks hall monitor.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I really miss Tx. Years ago during my early JI days I'd dream of the day that Brady finally becomes washed up and leaves the Pats?

Can someone go dig up that poor bastard, please? I have no doubt he is still in some corner of Mom's basement. Find FF2, while we're at it. 

Jeeze you just threw me down memory lane with that one. When you've still got people mentioning you a decade plus later, that is true troll infamy.

JN needs a higher class of troll?

FF2 is still around haha...check JetsHampur.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GreenCow said:

I realize it’s difficult for homers to think critically, but some fans can respect players in the same division.

Which has what exactly to do with you making believe that youre a Bills fan and having to be called out for it?

8 hours ago, GreenCow said:

Beason, the Panthers' three-time Pro Bowl linebacker, fired back Friday at San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith via Twitter after comments he perceived were a slam on Carolina teammate Cam Newton.

Beason wrote, "Alex smith, don't hate on Cam (because) your stats would've gotten u cut if Peyton decided to come 2 San Fran. Truth b told. That's after a 13-3 yr."

8 hours ago, GreenCow said:

Just an overall FYI for fans, since Mogglez brought it up...

300 yard passing games mean literally nothing.

In fact, if your QB throws for 300 yards, it most likely means you lost the game.

“...last season there were 132 300-yard passing games in the NFL. The combined record of those 300-yard passers was sub-.500 – 64-66-2. And if you subtracted NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ 8-2 mark, th hi ose 300-yard passers won a paltry 46.7 percent of their games.”

More...

Jared Goff passed for 517 yards last week against the Buccaneers. His Rams lost. Aaron Rodgers passed for 422 yards against the Eagles. His Packers also lost. So did the Bengals when Andy Dalton threw for 418 yards on opening day and the Seahawks when Russell Wilson threw for 406 yards against the Saints in Week 3. Former NFL MVP Matt Ryan has passed for 300 yards in all four games this season but his Atlanta Falcons are 1-3 to show for his arm.”

And since he likes Alex Smith, here is what Alex has to say about 300 yard games...

No shlt, often 300 yard passing games are because teams losing need offense and go to the air

But it doesnt mean that 300 yard passing games are bad or mean you will lose, just thats the mindless use of stats to attempt to make an argument.  Having a scatter arm QB who cant string enough passes together in 2 years to come up with a 300 yard game in this NFL is the issue

Its not like your team has been running off all these Alex Smith like winning seasons either.  Whats the point of talking about wins and losses when you only made the playoffs once and against the Texans you couldn't throw for not 3 but not 200 yards and came up 3 points short.  Maybe if scatter arm could complete a few more passes your team isnt one and done.  Id think you and the rest of the excuse makers to the North would  have like to have seen a 300 yard game that week

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No shlt, often 300 yard passing games are because teams losing need offense and go to the air

But it doesnt mean that 300 yard passing games are bad or mean you will lose, just thats the mindless use of stats to attempt to make an argument.  Having a scatter arm QB who cant string enough passes together in 2 years to come up with a 300 yard game in this NFL is the issue

Its not like your team has been running off all these Alex Smith like winning seasons either.  Whats the point of talking about wins and losses when you only made the playoffs once and against the Texans you couldn't throw for not 3 but not 200 yards and came up 3 points short.  Maybe if scatter arm could complete a few more passes your team isnt one and done.  Id think you and the rest of the excuse makers to the North would  have like to have seen a 300 yard game that week

No one said they’re necessarily bad.

Just that they provide no true data point for how a QB played.

It typically just means that the team is losing.

Mogglez tried to use a lack of 300 yard games to mean that a QB isn’t playing well.

Which is just stupid, as statistics show that 300 yard games correlate to losing. That’s not my opinion, it’s actual statistics.

I don’t know what you’re talking about the playoffs, Jets haven’t made it in a while. Sam has issues but I wouldn’t call him a scatter arm.

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which has what exactly to do with you making believe that youre a Bills fan and having to be called out for it?

I’ve never pretended to be a Bills fan.

I just don’t pretend that players in the division are bad like homers do.

3 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about the playoffs, Jets haven’t made it in a while. Sam has issues but I wouldn’t call him a scatter arm.

Josh Allen averages less than 200 yards a game, though. How do numbers like that generally effect a win-loss record? 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

Sorry in two seasons, todays NFL, not being able to put together enough passes to top 300 yards is bad

No one would call Sam a scatter arm, thats reserved for QBs who have a hard time doing what QBs are supposed to do, pass the ball as opposed to just running.  QBs like your guy in Buffalo

But feel free to lie about which team you root for or how it wouldn't have helped the score to complete a few more passes in that Houston playoff loss.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry in two seasons, todays NFL, not being able to put together enough passes to top 300 yards is bad

No one would call Sam a scatter arm, thats reserved for QBs who have a hard time doing what QBs are supposed to do, pass the ball as opposed to just running.  QBs like your guy in Buffalo 

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree about 300 yard games.

I thought it was common knowledge by now that stats prove them useless but maybe it takes other people more time to hit the learning curve.

Statistics show that 300 yard games correlate to losing. That’s not my opinion, it’s actual statistics. Entire articles have been written about it.

26 minutes ago, GreenCow said:

I’m not sure. I don’t have the stats on that. I know he had a winning record last year though. 

That’s all that matters for at least a few years. Then you have to make that leap to playoff success. The playoffs and regular season are two very different animals. Lamar Jackson learned that lesson this year. 

2 hours ago, GreenCow said:

The fact that you want to bash other fans who think divisional players are good and label them.

Im bashing you because youre a troll posing as a Jets fan

You can keep coming back all you want, posing as a Jets fan who for some reason, thinking youre the bestest Bills fan for playing this odd game

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s all that matters for at least a few years. Then you have to make that leap to playoff success. The playoffs and regular season are two very different animals. Lamar Jackson learned that lesson this year. 

Very true.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im bashing you because youre a troll posing as a Jets fan

You can keep coming back all you want, posing as a Jets fan who for some reason, thinking youre the bestest fan for playing this odd game

Ok. Believe what you’d like.

11 hours ago, GreenCow said:

So are you fully off of trying to pretend that Alex Smith and Stafford are good QB’s and onto trying to turn this into a Josh Allen thing? Lol

Its so blatant, it’s sad.

You May want to let go of the past and get into the scrambling QB game. It’s a thing now, and it’s not going away.

You were definitely one of those guys that thought RG3 was the pick over Andrew luck.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreenCow said:

Statistics show that 300 yard games correlate to losing. That’s not my opinion, it’s actual statistics. Entire articles have been written about it.

Link?

You may be right, but I’d want to see it. Even though, it may be useful information when checking out QBs effectiveness historically as passing was generally the desperate option as opposed to running. Over the last 20+ years though, that’s not been the case. More teams in 2019 passed to set up the run, which means that even if your above statement was true for the vast majority of the history of the NFL, it’s shifting and it might not be true if only looking at the last decade.

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Link?

You may be right, but I’d want to see it. Even though, it may be useful information when checking out QBs effectiveness historically as passing was generally the desperate option as opposed to running. Over the last 20+ years though, that’s not been the case. More teams in 2019 passed to set up the run, which means that even if your above statement was true for the vast majority of the history of the NFL, it’s shifting and it might not be true if only looking at the last decade.

Yes sir.

It was the same in 2019 too.

“...last season there were 132 300-yard passing games in the NFL. The combined record of those 300-yard passers was sub-.500 – 64-66-2. And if you subtracted NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ 8-2 mark, those 300-yard passers won a paltry 46.7 percent of their games.” link

This has actually been going on for a while. If a QB throws for over 300 yards, more often than not it means the team lost the game.

For example, Matt Ryan went 1-5 in his first 6 starts last year while throwing for 300+ in every one of them.

• WTF? 1