Sam Darnold looking good in camp

8 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Just take a second look up at how dumb your post is... ?

Try to do better next time, or just stick to the down votes like @Eaton Beaver. At least he realizes he’s incapable of putting together a coherent thought. You’re trying to do both, and apparently it’s above your pay grade.

I guess I struck a nerve 14inGreen/Trolly McTrollface/Bakersmanservant ? 

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

And in a few weeks we will be talking about the first game. Just after the cuts and all that stuff. 

Damn I hate yearly schedulez :) 

• Haha 1

I think we have been pretty fair about Sam.  Nobody had said he has been great.  We have all said the things he needs to work on like stop throwing off his back foot, stop forcing Some throws, and to run for a first down when he had room.  However we have also seen good things too like his ability to extend late and making good plays despite a lot of obstacles.  I mean it’s no secret he had played behind one of the worst olines in football his first two years, has had little no no weapons, and had had some injuries/mono.  That doesn’t mean I’m absolving him of any blame.  I’ve pointed out the things he needs to fix but at the same time I don’t care how good of a QB you are if you have no oline or weapons you arent going to excel it’s that simple.  Thankfully we have a GM who knows what he is doing and will continue to bring in help for the kid 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

What is trolling?

Honestly I'm loving your schtick and your commitment to it. The reaction it's garnering deserves an award.

Bravo my good man ???

Calls to "ban the troll" should be counted as glorious victory in your book. 

May your quest to inflame your opponents butthurtitis never cease.

• Haha 3

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

If Sam was looking "bad" in camp, think you would be all over that?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Trolly McTrollface, when Darnold gets praised during camp/preseason:  lol means nothing

@Trolly McTrollface, when Darnold gets criticized during camp/preseason:  Accurate, and further evidence we need a new QB.  Go Bills, Giants and Browns!

Don't forget the Ravens, and per this thread, Broncos and Dolphins too!

• Haha 2

Jones, Tua, Burrow, Lock,

jeeez, put a sock in it. Lock started like 3 games in his entire career. Tua & Burrow haven’t touched a NFL football yet. You took this little Darnold topic you stand so different on than the rest of us & you made it your identity here. Give it up. It doesn’t make you special.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Honestly I'm loving your schtick and your commitment to it. The reaction it's garnering deserves an award.

Bravo my good man ???

Calls to "ban the troll" should be counted as glorious victory in your book. 

May your quest to inflame your opponents butthurtitis never cease.

Actually it’s quite annoying when you’ve been logging in & seeing it for over two years. He isn’t some edgy cool guy for sounding ignorant on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Can you honestly see him becoming a top 15 QB this year?

I can and expect that he will be but only time will tell.

Remember that Eli took a couple of years before he found his stride.  In fact I think it was his 4th year that he finally turned it around.  Sam is also still very young (younger than Burrow).  Obviously there are no guarantees but I think that we realistically need to give Sam more time.  Yes Lamar was an instant hit but I think his running ability was a big part of that.  If he takes a big hit (and odds are he will), things could change quickly as far as his career trajectory (just like RG III).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Appreciate it.  Unless a miracle happens we're going to be blind going into the season because the

beat writers stink covering practice

Fully agree.  I trusted/looked forward to your camp reports far more than anything from the local newspapers.  As others have said, thanks for doing that. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are we still arguing this......

The record is now crystal clear, despite bad throws and bone headed decisions by Darnold at times, when Darnold gets AVERAGE OL protection according to PFF his record in the NFL is 7-1, with a QBR of 107.  With the one loss being against Green Bay in which Darnold played lights out!

This is Darnold having NO Number 1 WR, No Running game to speak of and suspect play calling at times!

What are we talking about here!

It's strange how in recent years we always seem to play surprisingly well against GB (though, of course, they always beat us)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

jeeez, put a sock in it. Lock started like 3 games in his entire career. Tua & Burrow haven’t touched a NFL football yet. You took this little Darnold topic you stand so different on than the rest of us & you made it your identity here. Give it up. It doesn’t make you special.

And his excuse is "Better than another Jamal thread!"

Nope, its not.  The same shtick gets old, fast.   

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And his excuse is "Better than another Jamal thread!"

Nope, its not.  The same shtick gets old, fast.   

He wants to be “that guy everyone knows” with the Sam Darnold topics in the same way the T0m Shane/Jamal Adams shtick went...except Darnold is impactful and his reasoning is beyond reason so it really doesn’t work like he wants it to.

its okay just to be another poster.. you don’t have to be a troll, you don’t have to pretend to not know what a troll is, you don’t have to keep this moronic shtick going and you don’t have to comment on Darnold threads if you don’t like the threads. someone said the dude looked good in camp & we started talking about it. It really doesn’t have to be “OH GAWD, another Darnold looks good in camp thread” 

give it a rest.. A long one. You don’t need the attention that bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Actually it’s quite annoying when you’ve been logging in & seeing it for over two years. He isn’t some edgy cool guy for sounding ignorant on a daily basis.

If he were purely a  troll I'm pretty sure the point would be to annoy the easily annoyed purely to that end. 

The truth is sadder in that he actually believes a lot of his schtick.

Don't like the troll... Don't feed the troll. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

From the guy who would be first to jump on Darnold if someone posted a "Darnold Looks Bad In Camp" story.

• Upvote 2