Sam Darnold looking good in camp

4 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Honestly I'm loving your schtick and your commitment to it. The reaction it's garnering deserves an award.

Bravo my good man ???

Calls to "ban the troll" should be counted as glorious victory in your book. 

May your quest to inflame your opponents butthurtitis never cease.

Trolly is good but he's no PatFanTex..:getgreen:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Trolly is good but he's no PatFanTex..

He's Hamfisted but still good fun, he takes a piled on beating pretty well .....

That being said, I like my trolls with a little more artistic flair than what Trolly provides.

Nonetheless people act like other people sh-- posting is taking up valuable internet real estate or tiring out their scrolling finger. Which is hilarious.

The only sh-- poster who can claim to have tired out fingers legitimately was DWC.... God rest his imbecilic soul.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

He's Hamfisted but still good fun, he takes a piled on beating pretty well .....

That being said, I like my trolls with a little more artistic flair than what Trolly provides.

Nonetheless people act like other people sh-- posting is taking up valuable internet real estate or tiring out their scrolling finger. Which is hilarious.

The only sh-- poster who can claim to have tired out fingers legitimately was DWC.... God rest his imbecilic soul.

I’m all for those who like to have a little fun.  It’s good to have some laughs and stuff but Trolly/14inGreen goes too far Most of the time.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold is the prince of looking good in shorts

Sanchez was the king

they learned how to do it at the best shorts wearing program in America

Reading between the lines here... you seem to be infatuated with young men in shorts...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

If he were purely a  troll I'm pretty sure the point would be to annoy the easily annoyed purely to that end. 

The truth is sadder in that he actually believes a lot of his schtick.

Don't like the troll... Don't feed the troll. 

That’s the issue, nobody really feeds him. He takes it upon himself to grab a plate when he sees a Darnold thread. 

lotta’ these guys don’t have much to do anymore but golf, drink & say wildly inaccurate things on JN for shock value and recognition.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

Did you post this same type of thing when everyone was ripping Jamal Adams for 6 months, or Adam Gase?
Maybe you did, I just didn’t see it? Or does this only apply to Sam?

It only applies to Sam. Everyone else is a “ thug”, “ thugturd” or any other colorful names Jetsnationers use to describe the new target of hate
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

23 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

Similar to the old "Pennington's arm looks a lot stronger this year" threads from yonder years.   Good times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, KRL said:

Appreciate it.  Unless a miracle happens we're going to be blind going into the season because the

beat writers stink covering practice

I haven't even seen any coverage at all. I am so starved for anything football by this time of year. Its the reason I sit down for the hall of fame game every year like its the superbowl lol.

13 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't he just going into his third season and was the youngest player in the league when he got drafted?  I never understood fans who write of a talented player like Darnold after two seasons.  Putting aside the normal growing pains you would expect of any quarterback coming into the NFL, he had the worst OL in the league the past two years, suffered through a few injuries (part of the game so I'm not excusing him for this, just making the observation), now we add the fact that he has had two learn two different offensive systems.  You might just say well, lets see what he does this year.  Now he is in the second year in this system, has a legitimate OL for the first time in his career, a potential number 1 caliber receiver for the first time in his career (albeit a rookie) plus two years of NFL experience under his belt.    Now after this season if he has not taken a significant jump in play overall, then I can understand someone feeling that he is not the answer.  Otherwise, makes no sense to me. 

Absolutely agree.  However, I'd say that I'm going to continue to have patience with him even this year.  We have a completely rebuilt OL, a new #1 WR (who is a rookie, no less) and a wacky offseason due to COVID.  I definitely do expect to see progress this year but I'm not going to jump off the bandwagon if Sam doesn't "crush it" this year.

It's interesting because I remember the Sanchize's 3rd year Rex tried to make him the centerpiece of the offense and it was a failure (heck, his very 1st game that year was that awful MNF game against the Ravens where our offense was completely overpowered.  Keller took a jarring hit from Ray Lewis at the end).  But I still fully expect Sam will be the real deal and he actually will (unlike Sanchez) show good progress in his 3rd year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s time for the now 3rd annual edition of “”Sam is looking good in camp” thread,Huh?

I’m sure if I take the time to look, I’ll find the usual “Sam is throwing darts with Jordan Palmer in Cali” thread preceding this one by about three weeks?

Quickly followed up with the "what, youre like fans". response

Thanks, we needed someone to reel us in

• Haha 4

On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Quickly followed up with the "what, youre like fans". response

Thanks, we needed someone to reel us in

Don’t fret, the reactions to my above post and those that followed prove that there is no “reeling in” when it comes to the emotional attachment and belief that JN has toward it’s favorite son.

Just the idea of someone questioning him is enough to send people here into a frenzy.

After seeing every other Macc pick raked over the coals by the same people, I find it amusing that they remain steadfast that the GM they despise somehow got this one right.

We’re going into year 3 now, and surprisingly, a lot of people here are finally saying this is the year Sam needs to prove he can be a FQB, or the Jets might need to move on.

It should be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

• Thumb Down 2

24 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Don’t fret, the reactions to my above post and those that followed prove that there is no “reeling in” when it comes to the emotional attachment and belief that JN has toward it’s favorite son.

Just the idea of someone questioning him is enough to send people here into a frenzy.

After seeing every other Macc pick raked over the coals by the same people, I find it amusing that they remain steadfast that the GM they despise somehow got this one right.

We’re going into year 3 now, and surprisingly, a lot of people here are finally saying this is the year Sam needs to prove he can be a FQB, or the Jets might need to move on.

It should be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Its not a favorite son, its being able to see past a stat sheet and look at the talent.  If you think a Jones or Tua, who we dont know if he can even play, are better prospects, good for you.  

JN may have a favorite son but you have a favorite whipping boy who you just use to troll the board.  No one is clownish enough to quote QBR 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its not a favorite son, its being able to see past a stat sheet and look at the talent.  If you think a Jones or Tua, who we dont know if he can even play, are better prospects, good for you.  

JN may have a favorite son but you have a favorite whipping boy who you just use to troll the board.  No one is clownish enough to quote QBR 

There’s something you have to realize about the internet, and message boards like this.

We don’t know each other personally, and know very little, if anything about each other’s personal lives. We’ve pm’ed each other about a few things so I’ll tell you this...

I lost my mother last weekend, and drove up to Long Island immediately. My family buried her earlier this week. When I finally logged back on here, I saw about 40 notifications. Most of them were juvenile quotes or reacts to my supporting Jamal Adams, and not being as crazy about his trade as others.

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered. It gave me a few hours to forget my sorrow, and laugh at the childish feelings of grown men who are way too invested in a 23 year old QB.

.and oh yeah. I’d take any of those QBs over Darnold. I’ve seen two years of him, and guys like Jones (who had a way better rookie year on just as bad a team), Tua and Burrow can’t do any worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

There’s something you have to realize about the internet, and message boards like this.

We don’t know each other personally, and know very little, if anything about each other’s personal lives. We’ve pm’ed each other about a few things so I’ll tell you this...

I lost my mother last weekend, and drove up to Long Island immediately. My family buried her earlier this week. When I finally logged back on here, I saw about 40 notifications. Most of them were juvenile quotes or reacts to my supporting Jamal Adams, and not being as crazy about his trade as others.

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak. What’s the easiest way to do it? Question Sam Darnold.

i got to release some steam, watch a bunch of homers implode, and laugh at their reactions. Basically just what the doctor ordered. It gave me a few hours to forget my sorrow, and laugh at the childish feelings of grown men who are way too invested in a 23 year old QB.

.and oh yeah. I’d take any of those QBs over Darnold. I’ve seen two years of him, and guys like Jones (who had a way better rookie year on just as bad a team), Tua and Burrow can’t do any worse.

Hey, didnt know and sincerely am sorry to hear about your mother and for your loss.

But sorry, I'm not taking Jones, Tua, Jones, Ben, Rivers, Burrow, Murray over Sam.  Or Baker.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Deepest sympathies for your loss.  

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I simply wasn’t in the mood to reply, but after reading most of them, I felt like returning the favor, so to speak.

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your mother.

I lost my mother to lung cancer over ten years ago and I still miss her in ways I can't even say.  The loss of a mother is just different.

With that said I truly believe that at the end of the day you are going to be extremely happy with Sam Darnold when all is said and done! :) 

On 8/7/2020 at 12:16 AM, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yet Baker was still the QB with the higher QBR, even during a horrible season.

His career stats also are way better, thanks to a record setting year in ‘18.

How Baker performed or performs in Cleveland has no bearing on the fact that Darnold has been a bottom 5 QB two years running.

Also facts.

At this rate you’ll have more Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

than Christians in a 300 A. D. Coliseum under Diocletian. 

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

My mother passed when I was 2.  Never knew what love was until my kids were born.

You're still an annoying dick.