Jets Training Camp 8.29

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre right.

7-9 and 8-8 are different.

One game difference 

Anf according to you one is fireable the other masterful

You cant change how ridiculous that sounds.

Gase is a bad coach and will not take this team to 8-8...looking back on last year isn't really the point.  If they go 8-8m with this roster I will HAPPILY admit I was wrong and be fully behind Gase.

I'm not sure why you can't understand the concept that 7-9 is different than 8-8.  My two year old son can count and knows that 8 is higher than 7.

What about a team going 9-7 and missing the playoffs vs. a team that goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs...are those the same records?  

Do you not see the difference?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase is a bad coach and will not take this team to 8-8...looking back on last year isn't really the point.  If they go 8-8m with this roster I will HAPPILY admit I was wrong and be fully behind Gase.

I'm not sure why you can't understand the concept that 7-9 is different than 8-8.  My two year old son can count and knows that 8 is higher than 7.

What about a team going 9-7 and missing the playoffs vs. a team that goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs...are those the same records?  

Please already

Its not the difference youre making it out to be.  Ask your two year old son to explain it to you.  7-9 is not fireable.  8-8 a year later doenst become "masterful". Two similar rosters.  Same QB, RB etc? These are your words, live with it because its comical at best 

9-7 vs 10-6?  The situations?  just two hypothetical teams, playing with two different hypothetical teams, vs hypothetical schedules?  Who knows, what's the point?  Hypothetically

lol

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You must not be paying attention to the Jets draft if you're going to say something like that.  

And getting rid of your best player does not make your team better - no matter if he tweets or not.

I actually pay very close attention to the draft.

You must not be paying attention to the Jets? If you don't know I was referring to Perriman and Doctson who were two former first-round draft picks.

And Jamal Adams definitely wasn't our best player, he was a bitch. Gregg Williams made him look good in his scheme.

XXX turkey

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I haven’t enjoyed your negativity, but you’ve been beating this drum consistently this offseason and after reading these training camp reports... I’m nervous that you’re the voice of reason. 

The offense seems dreadful, and even if the D is playing well, I can’t tell whether that’s a function of playing against a terrible offense or of genuine effectiveness. When I look at the defensive roster on paper minus CJ Mosley... I’m not inclined to think we’re anything special.

Hopefully you’re wrong... but I can’t say you’re not making sense as of right now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I haven’t enjoyed your negativity, but you’ve been beating this drum consistently this offseason and after reading these training camp reports... I’m nervous that you’re the voice of reason. 

The offense seems dreadful, and even if the D is playing well, I can’t tell whether that’s a function of playing against a terrible offense or of genuine effectiveness. When I look at the defensive roster on paper minus CJ Mosley... I’m not inclined to think we’re anything special.

Hopefully you’re wrong... but I can’t say you’re not making sense as of right now. 

btw...I hope I'm wrong too.  I would like nothing more than to have to eat crow.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alka said:

this team is going 8-8 this year.  This team is better than last year, and if Herndon and Darnold can both stay on the field, then the offense will be improved, especially with the revamped offensive line.  I believe in this defense as well.  You can acknowledge me and say I was right at the end of this season.  If Darnold and/or Herndon get injured, then all bets are off.

And why is this going out to me instead of Fidelio?  lol

6 hours ago, docdhc said:

That doesn't sound good if he can't run without pain.  It sounds like he has a chronic knee condition, not a temporary one.  I hadn't heard that when they signed him.

Perriman's had Knee issues/tears/surgery... Same with Cager... He's been able to keep off the trainer's table recently - but it's always a matter of when with these guys.

This is who we surrounded Darnold with. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You know you're a Jets fan when--

When you claim Adam Gase is a terrible head coach Because of his record in Miami and stats as an offensive coordinator.

Yet since the man has been here, there's been nothing but positive change and he took a completely ridiculous injury-riddled team to 7 and 9 in his first year as our head coach with a completely new staff.

Yet we praise Le'Veon Bell who was an All Pro 4 years ago in Pittsburgh and since he's gotten here he hasn't done zilch. Absolutely zero. And he's on the payroll for 14 million plus?

It somehow must have been Adam Gase not using him correctly? By all accounts including his own, Le'Veon Bell came in last year out of football shape and by all accounts this year he looks slow? Must be the head coach's fault?

The same Jet fans like to say that we've traded away our best player who not only called out his own teammates as not being dawgs good enough to play with him, but said the head coach was unable to lead the team to the promised land, and that our owner was a racist!?

Lol.. I like to think I'm from planet Earth I don't know what Bizarro World some of you guys are from.

You know you're a Jets fan when you read some of the drivel on here and you have to adjust what you're drinking and smoking to a little bit more or less LOL.

• Post of the Week 2

20 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

When you claim Adam Gase is a terrible head coach Because of his record in Miami and stats as an offensive coordinator.

Yet since the man has been here, there's been nothing but positive change and he took a completely ridiculous injury-riddled team to 7 and 9 in his first year as our head coach with a completely new staff.

Yet we praise Le'Veon Bell who was an All Pro 4 years ago in Pittsburgh and since he's gotten here he hasn't done zilch. Absolutely zero. And he's on the payroll for 14 million plus?

It somehow must have been Adam Gase not using him correctly? By all accounts including his own, Le'Veon Bell came in last year out of football shape and by all accounts this year he looks slow? Must be the head coach's fault?

The same Jet fans like to say that we've traded away our best player who not only called out his own teammates as not being dawgs good enough to play with him, but said the head coach was unable to lead the team to the promised land, and that our owner was a racist!?

Lol.. I like to think I'm from planet Earth I don't know what Bizarro World some of you guys are from.

You know you're a Jets fan when you read some of the drivel on here and you have to adjust what you're drinking and smoking to a little bit more or less LOL.

tenor.gif

Just wait till Matt Rhule's name starts getting thrown around in coach of the year conversations in the near future.... things will get interesting around here. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

tenor.gif

Just wait till Matt Rhule's name starts getting thrown around in coach of the year conversations in the near future.... things will get interesting around here. 

We had BB as the HC in 97 then Hess brought in the Tuna what if we just went with BB??

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

tenor.gif

Just so you know my post was definitely not directed at you. It was all encompassing. I know youve posted on here for quite some time. I just liked you know you're a Jets fan when-

55 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Perriman's had Knee issues/tears/surgery... Same with Cager... He's been able to keep off the trainer's table recently - but it's always a matter of when with these guys.

This is who we surrounded Darnold with. 

We didn't 'surround' Darnold with Cager.  He was an UDFA who we are giving a shot to.  If it doesn't work out, it cost us nothing and won't matter.  

Here's a list of Perriman's injuries:  https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/breshad-perriman/7211

Compare that to guys like Julio Jones and AJ Green, who put up amazing careers despite far, far worse injury histories.

Honestly, find a WR that hasn't had at least some injuries and missed games.  Michael Thomas played in 13 games each of the past 3 seasons.  Beckham is an egg back there.  Even MIke Evans, who is a big dude, missed 3 games last year which is what got Perriman into the starting lineup in the first place.  If you want to surround your QB with WRs who don't get injured, good luck.  There are a few, but not enough to go around.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Adam Gase is a terrible coach not because of his record in Miami or with the jets.  Adam Gase is a terrible coach because he is an offensive coach that gets AWFUL results on offense.  That is his forte, his claim to fame that is why he is a head coach and he has been a bag of fail for his four years.

For the umpteenth time.  Our DC had no little talent and lot of injuries on that side of the ball and cobbled together a more than respectable showing.  The offense was dead stinking last.  So who was responsible for the jets lofty end of the year rise and 7 wins?

The bizarro world is those that totally ignore the awful results this coach has had in his tenure coaching offense.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adam Gase is a terrible coach not because of his record in Miami or with the jets.  Adam Gase is a terrible coach because he is an offensive coach that gets AWFUL results on offense.  That is his forte, his claim to fame that is why he is a head coach and he has been a bag of fail for his four years.

For the umpteenth time.  Our DC had no little talent and lot of injuries on that side of the ball and cobbled together a more than respectable showing.  The offense was dead stinking last.  So who was responsible for the jets lofty end of the year rise and 7 wins?

The bizarro world is those that totally ignore the awful results this coach has had in his tenure coaching offense.

No

53 minutes ago, nycdan said:

We didn't 'surround' Darnold with Cager.  He was an UDFA who we are giving a shot to.  If it doesn't work out, it cost us nothing and won't matter.  

Here's a list of Perriman's injuries:  https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/breshad-perriman/7211

Compare that to guys like Julio Jones and AJ Green, who put up amazing careers despite far, far worse injury histories.

Honestly, find a WR that hasn't had at least some injuries and missed games.  Michael Thomas played in 13 games each of the past 3 seasons.  Beckham is an egg back there.  Even MIke Evans, who is a big dude, missed 3 games last year which is what got Perriman into the starting lineup in the first place.  If you want to surround your QB with WRs who don't get injured, good luck.  There are a few, but not enough to go around.

You can look at the trees all day, I see the forest. 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I have nothing to backtrack on.

I've been very clear about my views of this roster.  The one caveat is that I'm not counting any rookies.  We just don't know what they are yet.  If they turn out to be major contributors then the team can perform better but that's not something I can account for or expect.

Built in fail safe if he is wrong

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

The problem with this philosophy is that this O-line isn’t really built to be a bunch of maulers.   Gase isn’t going to abandon his overall game plans and become “ground and pound” all of a sudden.  Gase loves 3 WR sets.   

He has to adjust at least a little bit.  Good coaches adapt to the personnel they have available.  No one is asking him to reinvent the wheel. 

Our personnel is currently RB and TE-driven.  He needs to cater to more 2-TE packages (with Herndon operating more like a WR3 than a TE if he so chooses).  And he needs to be using Bell more like a receiver while also getting Gore or Perine on the field on the same downs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just so you know my post was definitely not directed at you. It was all encompassing. I know youve posted on here for quite some time. I just liked you know you're a Jets fan when-

All good. I didn't take it like that.

But i do disagree with you. I skimmed through your post the first time and totally misread it. Gase is a terrible coach until proven otherwise. Am i open to being proved wrong? Of course. But the body of evidence against him is staggering in some areas. 

Regardless, he's not a leader. I haven't seen it yet, anyway. That's a problem that exists in companies off all makes and sizes. SMEs (subject matter experts) aren't necessarily great leaders. 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

All good. I didn't take it like that.

But i do disagree with you. I skimmed through your post the first time and totally misread it. Gase is a terrible coach until proven otherwise. Am i open to being proved wrong? Of course. But the body of evidence against him is staggering in some areas. 

Regardless, he's not a leader. I haven't seen it yet, anyway. That's a problem that exists in companies off all makes and sizes. SMEs (subject matter experts) aren't necessarily great leaders. 

And I respectfully will disagree with you too. Here is Gase with Nick Saban, Josh McDaniels, Brian Daboll.

At the last scouting combine he was sharing a hotel and an Uber with Belichick. Peyton Manning called the owner of our team to vouch for the guy? Mike Martz and Steve Mariucci both said he had a brilliant football mind.

I take it they know more than we do?

i.jpeg

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

tenor.gif

I'd rather have Joe Douglas and whoever we end up with at HC after Gase than have Maccagnan and Matt Rhule.  OR Matt Rhule + whoever the Johnson's would have hired next at GM, with the decision left entirely up to them.

And I like Rhule, a lot.  

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What record did you think they would have last year?  Whatablut after Mosley was gone and Sam had mono?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

. This is who we surrounded Darnold with

“This is who we surrounded Darnold with“

....in his now 3rd YEAR (never has had protection, receivers or any semblance of a running game)....f**kin disgusting....Ma...cag...nan