Jets Training Camp 8.29

34 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

"He looks better this year. The turnovers are down. He’s undoubtedly processing things quicker. He seems more comfortable. He just hasn’t done anything to make me believe he’s ready to ascend into the upper echelon of quarterbacks."

who ya think wrotethat?

Connor Hughes, who in the next sentence stated, "to be fair, I've never covered a franchise QB, so maybe I don't know what to look for."

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Get Poole, Perriman and Mims on the field in the next few days and I think we have a good shot against the Bills.

I'm guessing Poole and perriman would be playing tomorrow if there was a game. No need to rush then back with 2 weeks until game 1. 

Mims definitely needs the practice, so he's a bit more concerning but only that he'll be a week or two behind on his development this year. Not the end of the world. 

As for Darnold, he's basically just passing to Herndon all day which is actually a good thing because I'm fairly confident that Herndon is our best pass catching option this year. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Get Poole, Perriman and Mims on the field in the next few days and I think we have a good shot against the Bills.

That doesn't sound good if he can't run without pain.  It sounds like he has a chronic knee condition, not a temporary one.  I hadn't heard that when they signed him.

Just now, docdhc said:

That doesn't sound good if he can't run without pain.  It sounds like he has a chronic knee condition, not a temporary one.  I hadn't heard that when they signed him.

I agree and it sounds like mims will be ready before him.  It really opens it up for someone like berrrios or chesson if either can show something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

It is hard to admit that the Bills will be good, but unless Josh Allen turns it over a couple of times, we will probably lose. I don't believe in him but he doesn't have to be nearly as good to help his team win as Sam does. 

Bills got a very good roster on both sides of the ball. 100% agreed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Psyched to watch all you guys saying the roster is horrible right now turn around and explain how it’s Gase’s fault the team “only” went 8-8 at the end of the season. 

This team is NOT going 8-8. 

If they go 8-8 Gase would have done a masterful job.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

this team is going 8-8 this year.  This team is better than last year, and if Herndon and Darnold can both stay on the field, then the offense will be improved, especially with the revamped offensive line.  I believe in this defense as well.  You can acknowledge me and say I was right at the end of this season.  If Darnold and/or Herndon get injured, then all bets are off.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Forget all the hoopla.  This guy was done two years ago.  All the conditioning in the world will not return Bell to the top tier back he once was with Pittsburgh.  I'm sad about it but it's the truth.

If so, move him to WR

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The advantage of building a team around a young QB. They've done a nice job with that roster. We are in like year 13 of our rebuild. Patience. 

In fairness the Bills went 18 years without going to the playoffs and its been over 20 since they've won in the playoffs.  

We do have a ways to go.

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So 8-8 this year would be masterful but 7-9 last year sucked and he should have been fired?

LOL, youre consistent somewhere I guess

• Upvote 3