Fire Gase, **** it, I said it!

Bronx

Yeah, hire someone off the street! The roster will magically be better! The OL will block! QW will do more than clean up after JJ! The DBs will cover better! The RB won't fall in the backfield! The LB'ers will be able to outrun and tackle the QB! This has nothing to do with sh*tty drafting and roster construction for a decade plus!

Jets fans are a curious bunch.  It's not the head coach's fault that the team is terrible because of bad personnel but yet they blame the QB without giving him the same consideration.  This is not rocket science people - Gase is a TERRIBLE coach and we will never know what Danold really is unless we get a legitimate HC in here to coach him up and bring out the best in him.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Jets fans are a curious bunch.  It's not the head coach's fault that the team is terrible because of bad personnel but yet they blame the QB without giving him the same consideration.  This is not rocket science people - Gase is a TERRIBLE coach and we will never know what Danold really is unless we get a legitimate HC in here to coach him up and bring out the best in him.  

He's now looking like a failure under 2 different coaching staffs.  If he can play, he can play.  A HC upgrade isn't going to "fix" him.  He's closer to Mark Sanchez territory than franchise QB territory, that's becoming clear.

He's now looking like a failure under 2 different coaching staffs.  If he can play, he can play.  A HC upgrade isn't going to "fix" him.  He's closer to Mark Sanchez territory than franchise QB territory, that's becoming clear.

I don’t think you can say that Darnold has looked like a failure so far in his career. He’s been inconsistent to be sure, but there has been some pretty darn good QB play too, and that’s in spite of terrible coaching and a terrible supporting cast. I think he HAS shown he can play, and I agree that he does have to ultimately own his performance no matter what, but sending the kid out to a gun fight with a knife week after week isn’t doing him any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

I don’t think you can say that Darnold has looked like a failure so far in his career. He’s been inconsistent to be sure, but there has been some pretty darn good QB play too, and that’s in spite of terrible coaching and a terrible supporting cast. I think he HAS shown he can play, and I agree that he does have to ultimately own his performance no matter what, but sending the kid out to a gun fight with a knife week after week isn’t doing him any favors.

Just stop.  He was garbage today.  No more excuses.

• Upvote 1

Just stop.  He was garbage today.  No more excuses.

Darnold didn’t execute when he had to and that’s definitely on him today. He missed some throws and made some poor decisions. But if you don’t think that Gase was garbage today too, then we will be going round and round all night. Terrible game plan, no adjustments, and he put the QB IN 3rd and long spots all day, just like he did all of last year. He was hired because he was an offensive “guru” and the right guy to coach up the franchise’s young QB. They were last in the league in offense last year and he has done NOTHING to help his QB grow at all. I can assure you that Darnold will be here way longer than Gase.