Allen Robinson secretly wants out

Team archer

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I'd say trade for him regardless.

The pace we're on now leads to an off-season not knowing if Sam is worth building around.  Would we draft a new QB?

If we traded for Robinson, we'd have the season to know if Sam can play well with a decent squad around him.

If he plays well, try to re-sign Robinson, or use the draft to go after a WR.

If Sam still can't produce with Robinson, then reset and draft a new QB.

I agree. Trade for him now. Who knows, perhaps drafting a phenom like Lawrence will excite Robinson enough to sign an extension with us.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

Sign him up so he can get his hammy and we can move on! 

18 hours ago, Bungaman said:

He'll pull a hamstring getting up from his seat at the press conference in NYC after discussing the trade and how happy he is to be here ...

He'd hurt it on the flight to NY immediately after the trade is finalized.  

23 hours ago, SR24 said:

We should be all over him but won't be until he hits free agency maybe. No chance Joe D is gonna make a trade for Robinson now

Joe D is an improved version of John Izdik. But he’ll still sit on his ass and pretend like there were no opportunities to get an actual WR in here this year.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SR24 said:

I wish but they get a 3rd rounder (comp pick) if he leaves for free agency, it’s gonna take a 2 

The 3rd isn't a guarantee. All we have to do is sign an comparable FA and it's a wash. I'd take a 3rd right now for Bell.   Bird in the hand and all that jazz. 

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

Shots fired!

i love JD but I’d love a stud receiver for Sam even more

I’ve seen so many pathetic years, I really don’t love anyone on the Jets team or organization until they win a game or two. JoeD doesn’t get a pass either especially when there were tons or receivers coming out in the draft and plenty of (potential) movements around the league. Perriman was the best he could get with his budget signings. You don’t win Lombardis in the FA but if your roster is sh*t, that’s where you go. We were lucky to win 7 last year. We’d be lucky to win 5 this year. I’d rather we win 3 instead of another 7-9 season. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2020 at 4:25 AM, SR24 said:

I wish but they get a 3rd rounder (comp pick) if he leaves for free agency, it’s gonna take a 2 

In 2023...He'd have to leave, not be cut. The player has to play the entire term of their contract to get a comp pick. I can't imagine it's worthwhile to keep Bell past this season. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/allen-robinson-resumes-contract-negotiations-with-bears

Allen Robinson resumes contract negotiations with Bears

Published: Sep 19, 2020 at 09:20 AM

f6b7udz3xm3jglfakq9q.svg

Michael Baca

NFL.com Digital Content Producer

Allen Robinson is looking to work things out with the Chicago Bears.

At the end of a week that saw the wide receiver delete references to his team on social media, Robinson has resumed contract talks with the Bears, sources tell NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

On Tuesday, it was reported Robinson felt disrespected about his contract situation and the offers coming in not reflecting his fair market value. While there was no trade request put in by the wideout, the hashtag that was created and supported by teammates is now gaining momentum.

After a tumultuous week that saw Allen Robinson delete references to his team on social media, the #Bears & the star WR resumed contract talks, sources say. There is still a significant gap to close to finish it before kickoff but the #ExtendAR movement of support gains momentum.

Robinson is in the final year of a three-year deal he signed in 2018. The 27-year-old has unquestionably been the best receiver on the Bears roster since his arrival, with 2019 being his best season in Chicago to date after gaining 1,147 yards off 98 receptions and scoring seven touchdowns.

Robinson's current contract earns an annual average salary of $14 million, which places him 15th among NFL wide receivers, per Over The Cap. Considering Robinson has already suffered an untimely knee injury in his career, the wideout knows the importance of security while also knowing the strength of his value.

There is still plenty of work to do for the Bears to lock in their No. 1 receiver, but a step in the right direction is a good sign for Robinson to remain in Chicago.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/allen-robinson-resumes-contract-negotiations-with-bears

Allen Robinson resumes contract negotiations with Bears

Published: Sep 19, 2020 at 09:20 AM

f6b7udz3xm3jglfakq9q.svg

Michael Baca

NFL.com Digital Content Producer

Allen Robinson is looking to work things out with the Chicago Bears.

At the end of a week that saw the wide receiver delete references to his team on social media, Robinson has resumed contract talks with the Bears, sources tell NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

On Tuesday, it was reported Robinson felt disrespected about his contract situation and the offers coming in not reflecting his fair market value. While there was no trade request put in by the wideout, the hashtag that was created and supported by teammates is now gaining momentum.

After a tumultuous week that saw Allen Robinson delete references to his team on social media, the #Bears & the star WR resumed contract talks, sources say. There is still a significant gap to close to finish it before kickoff but the #ExtendAR movement of support gains momentum.

Robinson is in the final year of a three-year deal he signed in 2018. The 27-year-old has unquestionably been the best receiver on the Bears roster since his arrival, with 2019 being his best season in Chicago to date after gaining 1,147 yards off 98 receptions and scoring seven touchdowns.

Robinson's current contract earns an annual average salary of $14 million, which places him 15th among NFL wide receivers, per Over The Cap. Considering Robinson has already suffered an untimely knee injury in his career, the wideout knows the importance of security while also knowing the strength of his value.

There is still plenty of work to do for the Bears to lock in their No. 1 receiver, but a step in the right direction is a good sign for Robinson to remain in Chicago.

The Office No GIF

• Haha 1