Allen Robinson secretly wants out

Team archer

Just now, varjet said:

Is it worth giving up a high draft pick for a one year rental?  When we are not contending this year and can sign him without loss of draft pick this off season?   I don't think so.

JD threw Gase and Darnold under the bus.

Yeah.  If it helps you determine what to do at QB.

Though there's the likelihood it's more than a rental.

• Upvote 1

I hate the argument that “why waste a resource when we aren’t contending” 

we made huge strides to put a better line around Sam. 

were never going to know if he had “it” or not until we can surround him with talent. 

Hopefully Mims is that guy, but we can’t wait around to find out in what is more than likely a lost season for him. Crowder is a stud in the slot, Perriman-jury is still out but this past week wasn’t a good sign. 

after that it’s scraps, with the best hopes of maybe Cager developing at some point. 

as long as we aren’t tossing a 2nd round pick to get one of these guys, we have the cap, we have the need. 

don’t overthink it.   It really is that simple. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, varjet said:

Is it worth giving up a high draft pick for a one year rental?  When we are not contending this year and can sign him without loss of draft pick this off season?   I don't think so.

JD threw Gase and Darnold under the bus.

What are the chances he actually chooses to sign with the Jets, though?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What are the chances he actually chooses to sign with the Jets, though?

He has no choice in the trade.

Signing will take the offense performing well this year once he shows up.  Plus obviously a big pay day.

But we'd get a guy in a contract year.  See how he does and then decide whether to spend big on him or Juju.  Or target a WR in the draft.

Seems like a win to me regardless.  Need to figure out if Sam is legit, so can then decide whether to draft a new QB.

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I doubt he’s want to come here. Chicago is his hometown. If he’s not willing to deal with them, he’s sure not going to play for us.

If you wanted out of your hometown and were in a contract year, wouldn't a team in NY that will definitely make you the focus of the offense be a good option?

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If you wanted out of your hometown and were in a contract year, wouldn't a team in NY that will definitely make you the focus of the offense be a good option?

I guess it depends why he wants out. Seems like he just wants a contract. In that case, if we trade him and offer him a solid contract, my guess is he signs it. If FA, it’ll be a different ball game since he’ll have options.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I guess it depends why he wants out. Seems like he just wants a contract. In that case, if we trade him and offer him a solid contract, my guess is he signs it. If FA, it’ll be a different ball game since he’ll have options.

Definitely.  I just figure if he has any say on where he gets traded to, he'd prefer the Jets in NY who will undoubtedly make him the focus of the offense.

It'd give him a big stage to raise his value for free agency.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Robinson or OBJ needs to become a Jet. The idea that Chris Hogan is starting for us in a year where we are supposed to be seeing what Sam really has is insane. Let's go man

Chris Hogan and Brashad Perriman are the best ever.  It’s just that Sam sucks 

17 minutes ago, jetswin said:

our receiving corp has arguably become worse after being an obvious need

benny hill wtf GIF

We’re the jets.  We don’t make splashy moves we sign ILBs and RBs to massive contracts, draft DL and then wonder why our 21 year old Qb can’t miracle trash heap bums like Chris Hogan and Donte Moncreif open

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

If there really is any doubt about Sam, getting Robinson (or even OBJ) would help answer that doubt.

Oline is improved.  Get a legit stud at WR to add to what would then be a great compliment of Crowder n Perriman, and then there'd be no doubt if things don't improve. 

Agreed. Just said this on the Stafford comparison thread. Allen flourishing behind a great line and throwing to Diggs. Hopkins helping Murray out week 1 already....everyone saw the impact Cooper had on Prescott. Give Sam someone to throw to. If he doesn't perform, atleast we then have a WR and a LT for when you initiate your 'trust the Process - NJ edition' fantasies. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Robinson or OBJ needs to become a Jet. The idea that Chris Hogan is starting for us in a year where we are supposed to be seeing what Sam really has is insane. Let's go man

If Joe D. doesn’t make it happen he is nothing more than Idzik part II and I’m gonna start doubting his GM abilities.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I hate when players do this crybaby high school bs where they delete stuff off their social media to show they don't like their team. What happened to going to your boss/coach/front office and outright telling them you want to leave or don't like the teams direction? So immature.

It's the way the youth rebel in 2020. It does work and it makes their point without uttering a word.  25 years ago grown men would write a hand written letter to a grocery store to complain about the price of beans. I don't think people should be sh*tting on today's youth for how they rebel.  The only thing that does is show how out of touch that person is with the youth of America. Of course that's just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's the way the youth rebel in 2020. It does work and it makes their point without uttering a word.  25 years ago grown men would write a hand written letter to a grocery store to complain about the price of beans. I don't think people should be sh*tting on today's youth for how they rebel.  The only thing that does is show how out of touch that person is with the youth of America. Of course that's just my opinion. 

I understand that’s how some of these guys operate but it doesn’t mean they aren’t pussies for it. Robinson easily could’ve gone to ownership and said “I’m unhappy here, is there a way we can fix my problems or can I get traded?” That’s not hard at all and if you don’t have the stones to do that then I don’t want you on my team anyway because you’re a ******* loser.