Lock of week

JohnnyLV

4 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

First thing I learned from my degenerate gambling uncle

”Bet with your head not with your heart”

Second thing I learned

“Never bet the Jets for an upset win against San Fran after the sht I saw last week”

My rule is never bet for or against the Jets. When I’m utterly disgusted and go against them, they pull a win out of nowhere. When I’m feeling good, they crap the bed. I guess it fits with never bet with your heart. Too emotionally invested in Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They're crippled at the skill positions and the thing they do best (run the ball down people's throats) matches up with the only thing we do well (stop the run.) I think our defense might show up.

But even without Sherman I just can't imagine the offense we saw last week scoring any points against Nick Bosa and co. It's Frank Gore, Ballage, Hogan, etc. against an elite front seven.

I totally agree with this take.  If we do pull this game out (which I won't rule out) it will be a low-scoring affair.  Something like 13-9, or even a 9-6, TD-less, ugly game.  If the D doesn't show up again, this could be a horrific loss.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I totally agree with this take.  If we do pull this game out (which I won't rule out) it will be a low-scoring affair.  Something like 13-9, or even a 9-6, TD-less, ugly game.  If the D doesn't show up again, this could be a horrific loss.

This describes virtually every Jets win after the Parcells era.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

My rule is never bet for or against the Jets. When I’m utterly disgusted and go against them, they pull a win out of nowhere. When I’m feeling good, they crap the bed. I guess it fits with never bet with your heart. Too emotionally invested in Jets.

It can work both ways. Sometimes you just know your team, especially when they f*ck up. I made a killing on the Bills beating the Jets when the playoff berth was at stake. That game was only ending one way.

I've been very successful betting against Manchester United too - Normally get great odds on opponents and there's games where you can just tell they're not winning. Eases the pain a little I find. 

• Upvote 1

49ers at Jets, 1 p.m., Fox

Line: 49ers -7 | Total: 42

The 49ers (0-1) have to be fairly devastated at an opening-week loss in a game they led in the fourth quarter, but Arizona has usually given them fits and the result was only a mild surprise. Losing to the Jets (0-1), however, would be jaw-dropping, even with wide receiver Deebo Samuel and cornerback Richard Sherman on this season’s mini version of injured reserve and tight end George Kittle working his way back from a knee sprain. The margin for error in the N.F.C. West is razor thin, and San Francisco needs a win when there is a solid chance that the other three teams in the division will all start 2-0. Kittle’s uncertain status, and San Francisco having multiple injuries in its secondary, makes a full touchdown point spread seem too generous, but San Francisco should be expected to win. Pick: Jets +7

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/sports/football/nfl-picks-week-2.html

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

For any of you even remotely thinking about the possibility of a Jets win on Sunday, please look at the players who will be active for the Jets for this game, particularly on offense.   The Jets will be lucky to amass 250 yards in total offense.  It will be uglier than last week.  

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see how they get into the end zone. Niners 17-3, something like that. 

I guess I learned why the bookie chortled and said "Seriously?" when I said I wanted to bet on the Jets moneyline.

No more locks of the week for me. Usually by this time I am sort of over the pain and optimistic for the next game. but no I am seriously wondering if we win a game. Wait 7 months anxiously for football and then by week 2 all that is left is anger despair and confusion and thoughts of the 2021 draft.

• Sympathy 2

The move is to bet against the Jets

Make them buy the win from you

I guess I learned why the bookie chortled and said "Seriously?" when I said I wanted to bet on the Jets moneyline.
No more locks of the week for me. Usually by this time I am sort of over the pain and optimistic for the next game. but no I am seriously wondering if we win a game. Wait 7 months anxiously for football and then by week 2 all that is left is anger despair and confusion and thoughts of the 2021 draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, LIJetsFan said:

49ers at Jets, 1 p.m., Fox

Line: 49ers -7 | Total: 42

The 49ers (0-1) have to be fairly devastated at an opening-week loss in a game they led in the fourth quarter, but Arizona has usually given them fits and the result was only a mild surprise. Losing to the Jets (0-1), however, would be jaw-dropping, even with wide receiver Deebo Samuel and cornerback Richard Sherman on this season’s mini version of injured reserve and tight end George Kittle working his way back from a knee sprain. The margin for error in the N.F.C. West is razor thin, and San Francisco needs a win when there is a solid chance that the other three teams in the division will all start 2-0. Kittle’s uncertain status, and San Francisco having multiple injuries in its secondary, makes a full touchdown point spread seem too generous, but San Francisco should be expected to win. Pick: Jets +7

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/sports/football/nfl-picks-week-2.html

Grey Lady going tout. Crazy times

On 9/16/2020 at 5:11 PM, y2k8 said:

I picked the 49ers in my Survival Pool. 

I would gladly lose the bet but I prefer to get rewarded for my misery.

Already have my pick for this week in the system: Indianapolis Colts

Going to ride Adam Gase to a hefty cash payout

48 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

From “they’re guaranteed to beat the SB runners up” to “they won’t win another game” in the course of a couple days.

Methinks your optimism last week wasn’t built upon solid emotional ground ;)

Hope you didn’t lose too much.

• Haha 1