### NY Jets 2020 Week 2 Jets vs. 49ers ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Niners are a very good team. they have a franchise QB, a serious pass rusher and a real HC.

Best case scenario; Darnold and the offense show up and make it competitive. That doesn't even mean a win or any kind of BS moral victory. But we have to see a competent functioning offense with some kind of passing attack. 

Becton figures to be on Bosa a lot today. that should be a matchup to watch. 

Off last week, my expectation sadly is for another sheetshow. 

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Join me today homey. JN Youtube site.

Yeah! I checked out the pregame last week before the game started and saw Frank! Wow haven't seen him in a while. I tried to type in the chat but it was disabled or something for me. I'll definitely put it on today!

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not a top offensive coordinator, but a strong head coach which is far more important.  

SAR I

Ok. I see you are in a win/win by hedging your bets with Gase. If Sam plays well, Sam and Gase get the credit. if Sam plays poorly, Sam gets all the blame. When would Gase be at fault for the team?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah! I checked out the pregame last week before the game started and saw Frank! Wow haven't seen him in a while. I tried to type in the chat but it was disabled or something for me. I'll definitely put it on today!

Yeah it was disabled for the first little while. We figured it out for most of the game. I'll keep my eyes on that early. 

Let me know if you want to pop in as a guest. I'll send you the link. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Absolutely some dollar stores sell NFL stuff, I always pickup a roll of NY Jets toilet paper and a jersey of player who hasn't been with the team in 5 years. 

Investment Gold 

Jets toilet paper has got to give you hemorrhoids 

• Haha 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

This game has the potential to look like the Hindenburg meets the Titanic meets my first year playing Little League.  Yeah....it could be THAT ugly.

This is your last chance jetstream. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill and continue to believe the Jets stink and miss out on the free money from betting the Jets money line. You take the red pill and you'll finally see the light....Today the Jets take flight. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah it was disabled for the first little while. We figured it out for most of the game. I'll keep my eyes on that early. 

Let me know if you want to pop in as a guest. I'll send you the link. 

I’d be game to pop in pretty soon. I don’t really have internet right now but they’re supposed to install it this week

• Upvote 1

Win or loss, not important.  It will take another off season for JD to add key still positions to both offense and defense. Not until then will the Jets be competing for a playoff spot and WITH A NEW HC.

There is no question in my mind that Gase is a team killer and MUST GO

For me, the compelling question is Darnold.  Has he gone down the drain for good or do the Jets still have what can be thought of as a francize qb for the future ???  His performance this week will be critical and telling.

1. Does he miss open receives do to poor reads ???

2. Does he miss completions due to poor accuracy with the football ???

3. Does he throw foolish passes that lead to turnovers ???

4. Does he make foolish decisions in general (not throwing away the ball when he should)

So.... Do we have a QB, or does the talk about Trevor Lawrence and the other QB's that will be in the 2021 draft continue to heat up ???

THAT is the question for this moment in Jets history...

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

JETS ARE WINNING TODAY!!! 

In front of the empty home seats baby!!!

Join our Youtube watch party at game time. 

I hope to see a bunch of JN folks there. 

I believe in social distancing but holy hell you could have 15,000 people in the stands and have them no where near each other and no where need the fans. Having 0 fans just is overly cautious

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Win or loss, not important.  It will take another off season for JD to add key still positions to both offense and defense. Not until then will the Jets be competing for a playoff spot and WITH A NEW HC.

There is no question in my mind that Gase is a team killer and MUST GO

For me, the compelling question is Darnold.  Has he gone down the drain for good or do the Jets still have what can be thought of as a francize qb for the future ???  His performance this week will be critical and telling.

1. Does he miss open receives do to poor reads ???

2. Does he miss completions due to poor accuracy with the football ???

3. Does he throw foolish passes that lead to turnovers ???

4. Does he make foolish decisions in general (not throwing away the ball when he should)

So.... Do we have a QB, or does the talk about Trevor Lawrence and the other QB's that will be in the 2021 draft continue to heat up ???

THAT is the question for this moment in Jets history...

I have said this before but Darnold is VERY similar to Brees at this juncture in their careers. Sam is nervous at the beginning of games like Brees and needs to have early success and feed off of that. He gains momentum as it goes on. Watch the Saints-they will almost always start Brees with simple swings and screens or a safer deep shot. Also all the yelling Brees does before the game is to get him calmed down. Jets need to do this for Sam..

Really interested in the RBs this week.    I think Gase respects Bell's talent but Bell is not the kind of RB Gase would want...whoever you blame for that is fine.

I think he's going to enjoy Gore pounding the hole quickly and getting 4 yards on first down.