Darnold out Sunday per Mehta

GreekJet

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Better than Hogan, UPS guy and grampa gore, yea

I agree with that, fully.  But it's going to be humorous to see the same people who have been bashing that trio all season for poor play/injuries suddenly throw their support behind them if Flacco plays well.  

"SAM DIDN'T HAVE WEPPINZZ BUT FLACCO DID"

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold misses time for his 3rd straight season.  This will now be his 7th missed game due to injury or ailment.  In an era when it's never been easier for QB's to be protected, no less.

Eli Manning didn't miss a single game in his 16-year career due to injury.  

And each one had dubious elements. As a rookie, it was a month-long stay on the DL with a sprained ankle where he was literally standing on the sideline for three of the weeks, then it was the mono, and now it’s a shoulder injury that he basically begged for by holding the ball for five minutes and with which he could probably play but the org is like, “nah we good.” 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You guys are KILLING Sam for missing reads.  Guess what?  I’ve seen Brady and Manning miss reads.  

he has to go through 3-4 progressions usually while a defender is in the backfield chasing him and he somehow has to see the one time all season long Herndon has gotten separation 

He's in year 2 of this offense,  year 3 of reading nfl defenses. He should be a lot more proficient in reading defenses and figuring out who to throw the ball to at this point. On top of those issues he's been wildly inaccurate. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree with that, fully.  But it's going to be humorous to see the same people who have been bashing that trio all season for poor play/injuries suddenly throw their support behind them if Flacco plays well.  

Those guys (Perriman/Mims/Bell) haven't (barely) played

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Any update on any of the other 50 players hurt? 

the injury report doesn't come out on teams playing on sunday until Weds 

so not really, no 

if Mehta's source is accurate that means it was decided by medical tests not practice mobility etc 

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

So all 3 of the new jerseys I bought will be obsolete next year.

Donate them to the Goodwill store I have a pile of NY Jets jerseys i'm thinking about dumping. 

I bought an authentic #10 PENNINGTON at Jets camp one year what the hell was I thinking. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Say what?

You saying you'd rather have Hogan/Berrios/Gore out there instead of Perriman/Mims/Bell (regardless of who is playing QB)?

See my post after that one.  Of course I agree they're better:

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Those guys (Perriman/Mims/Bell) haven't (barely) played

Hasn't stopped people from calling them bums.  In Bell's case, rightly so.  He was terrible last season and didn't look good when he was healthy this season, either.  Despite being in the "best shape of his life" and all those offseason boxing/workout videos.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Absolutely no reason to watch this garbage on Sunday now, especially if Flacco plays.  

and here comes the "surprise" win.... controversy etc......  C.J. starts thinking Gase is competent.... cycle repeats.

this is total JETS 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

He's in year 2 of this offense,  year 3 of reading nfl defenses. He should be a lot more proficient in reading defenses and figuring out who to throw the ball to at this point. On top of those issues he's been wildly inaccurate. 

Again I'll caution: in a day where NFL WRs have a lot of option routes, when you don't have a lot of practice time with the WRs you are now playing with and they are inexperienced, the FUBAR factor goes up exponentially.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hasn't stopped people from calling them bums.  In Bell's case, rightly so.  He was terrible last season and didn't look good when he was healthy this season, either.  Despite being in the "best shape of his life" and all those offseason boxing/workout videos.

Ok, I agree with you on that....especially re: Mims who has never played a game. You can't call him a bum.

i can get the criticism of Bell, and to a degree, Perriman. But we should still be a better team with them on the field vs off

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Ok, I agree with you on that....especially re: Mims who has never played a game. You can't call him a bum.

i can get the criticism of Bell, and to a degree, Perriman. But we should still be a better team with them on the field vs off

Just think!  We're dusting off the Baltimore Flacco/Perriman combo from 2016-17!  Exciting times!

Those years, in 17 games together, Flacco and Perriman connected for a total of 44 completions (on 101 targets), 576 yards, and 3 TDs!  Super Bowl!

(I do still like Perriman a bit, however)

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People still buy Jets jerseys that aren't retro/vintage/past players?

I learned my lesson nearly a decade ago.  The last 3 jerseys I bought were Vilma, Revis and Sanchez.

I have all of those too. I just bought the new designs to force me not to hate them so much.

Busts, malcontents and bad signings are a perfect fit for a Jets jersey.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just think!  We're dusting off the Baltimore Flacco/Perriman combo from 2016-17!  Exciting times!

Those years, in 17 games together, Flacco and Perriman connected for a total of 44 completions (on 101 targets), 576 yards, and 3 TDs!  Super Bowl!

Perriman sucks. 

He's on his fourth team since being a first round draft pick in 2016 and has had nagging injury issues. 

That was a bad signing. 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can only play the cards you're dealt (and yes, I have no desire to see Flacco play on Sunday)

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People still buy Jets jerseys that aren't retro/vintage/past players?

I learned my lesson nearly a decade ago.  The last 3 jerseys I bought were Vilma, Revis and Sanchez.

Chrebet was the last player jersey I bought, and that was when he was playing.  After buying personalized jerseys only from that point on, I finally took the plunge once again with Darnold.  I should have known that #14 was cursed on this team.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I donate my Jets jersey's.  There's a goodwill drop on Boylston street. 

Yeah, I've donated a bunch. Going to hold on to the new ones, I don't really care that the players are gone, I'm used to it. This franchise is a disaster, might has well bare the scars on the jersey.