Darnold out Sunday per Mehta

GreekJet

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

While circumstance has greatly contributed to most if not all of your points, there is no argument with any of them.  However, do I think Darnold still needs to get a chance with a competent HC and roster before we officially throw him in the trash.

As I've said before... send him back to the West Coast to backup Garropolo or Goff allowing time to work with McVay or Shanny. 

He is done in NY.

I have heard rumblings about Pittsburgh.  Forget it.  The steel city does not accept losing.  He wont fit in there.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He shouldn't have went back in Thursday for anyone that was watching.  Gase just sucks.  This is him trying to save his job and still failing.  Zero reason Becton was even dressed for that game

Saving his job would be starting Flacco.  Flacco is going to play much better than Darnold.   And that sucks for umpteen different reasons.

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I have bunch of authentic ones, they are nice but such a rip off.  The Chinese ones are garbage.

Most are garbage I agree, my friend always had decent ones though. 

Hard pressed to buy an authentic when most NY Jets players are busts or don't remain on the team too long. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Icer said:

If Flacco makes this offense look competent I will be both relieved and scared sh*tless that he will ruin the tank, while confirming that we need a new QB. Hopefully he just sucks like the rest of the team and we are all hopeless and miserable

Not worried at all. If this was Flacco from 10 years ago, I still wouldn’t be worried. #thegaseeffect

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

im the captain now GIF

Release Captain Morgan!

Either that or find the Somali Pirate or wherever he's from and let him play QB.  Does it matter at this point?

But don't waste everyone's time with Flacco.  See what the youngsters can do.

Then again Flacco will get hurt in probably under a quarter.  I guarantee you he's very upset that he has to even play a single down with this team.  Hold the clipboard, tell some jokes, cash a few mill signed off by the penny pinching Dweeb...those were his plans.  Getting maybe a life altering injury playing for a team that does not belong in professional football like the NY Jets, right before his sweet retirement with 10's of millions in the bank is not what Flacco signed up for.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

As so often happens with the Jets, now that the starter is out, I'd personally prefer to see the young player (Morgan), not the end-of-the-line-old Veteran (Flacco).  Potential Future (small tho that potential may be) Morgan vs. No Future Whatsoever Flacco.

With that said, if Flacco plays, and produces materially more/better than Sam was producing with similar supporting talent, that would be a massive indictment of Sam Darnold, and likely ensure the end of his time here.

So I guess there IS reason to watch, fatalistic tho that reason may be.

It depends who plays better for him. If Flacco is hooking up with Hogan and Barrios, then yeah, but of it's Bell and Mims, well we would need to see Sam with them. We already know Perriman and Sam have no chemistry. 

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Saving his job would be starting Flacco.  Flacco is going to play much better than Darnold.   And that sucks for umpteen different reasons.

Do you actually believe this? Flacco makes Darnold look like Michael Vick on mobility.  We got garbage blocking and no good targets.  He's not going to do any better.  I'd rather see what James Morgan looks like if the season is ****ed anyway

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He shouldn't have went back in Thursday for anyone that was watching.  Gase just sucks.  This is him trying to save his job and still failing.  Zero coherent reason Becton was even dressed for that game

Gase is a mess.  

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets seem to make that same mistake over and over and are still in search of a franchise QB, Joe Flacco is not the guy. 

It has absolutely EVERYTHING to do with totally incompetent hires made for Head Coaches who will try everything they can to not only eek out a meaningless win but even be wreckless with the only small handful of players that even mean anything on the roster ie Darnold, Becton forced to play when an easy judgement could have been made to protect them last week.

Just a sickening, disgusting "franchise" from Top to Bottom.

ANY Head Coach with chops, who was confident in his own abilities would never play Flacco in this situation. Just like he would never give close to 30 carries a game to close to 40 year old Frank Gore when you have recently drafted fresh kid like Perrine riding the pine.

Hey Gase, if you're reading this, do the the right thing and just turn in your key card, don't say goodbye, keep walking and don't look back.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Do you actually believe this? Flacco makes Darnold look like Michael Vick on mobility.  We got garbage blocking and no good targets.  He's not going to do any better.  I'd rather see what James Morgan looks like if the season is ****ed anyway

Yes I believe it. 

Flacco will make better pre-snap reads, get the ball out quick,  and make more accurate throws. 

Granted, I could be wrong.  But how much worse could he be than Darnold? 

Darnold is in the conversation for the worst starting QB in the league...

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Yes I believe it. 

Flacco will make better pre-snap reads, get the ball out quick,  and make more accurate throws. 

Granted, I could be wrong.  But how much worse could he be than Darnold? 

Darnold is in the conversation for the worst starting QB in the league...

Flacco is going to ignore Gase’s stupid lateral passes and screens that he is constantly calling on offense.  Flacco loves to throw downfield 

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

No, I'm suggesting not every sack is on the offensive line. The Jets offensive line has actually played well this year in pass protection. Darnold leaves the pocket too soon a lot bc he has nervous feet. 

Adam Gase runs a quick throw offense that relies heavily on the QB recognizing coverage pre snap and quickly going through reads post snap. He is running the offense Manning ran in Denver. That is also the reason why he never runs motion bc Manning hated it.  Manning wanted to line up and see how the defense lined up so he could make pre snap reads and figure out who he was throwing to.  Darnold can not process pre snap like Manning could and that's why he's struggling. Flacco is not Manning, not even close, but he def is better at processing pre and post snap than Darnold is at this point. That's what experience will do for you. 

I think the offense in itself will protect Flacco from getting hit or sacked.  The perfect example is last week when Darnold got hurt. He had Cager running wide open immediately after the snap and he either didn't recognize it pre snap or didn't see him post snap or both and then held the ball too long and got sacked. A QB with better pre snap read ability would have turned that play from a sack to a 30+ yard gain. Those little things make a huge difference. There's a reason that at 37 Ryan Fitzpatrick looks better than Darnold this season and it's not bc of physical ability. 

I don't know how Flacco will play but it's not going to take much to play better than Darnold has and I wouldn't be shocked if he plays really well. 

Finely a knowledgeable football post. ty!  This one makes 95% of the crap many others post look even worse by comparison.   

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Flacco is going to ignore Gase’s stupid lateral passes and screens that he is constantly calling on offense.  Flacco loves to throw downfield 

Well then expect him to be taken out on a cart because this OL is marginally better then last years. 

3 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Well then expect him to be taken out on a cart because this OL is marginally better then last years. 

Oh yes because Sam stayed clean in the pocket executing Gase’s dumb short throw plays

if you throw downfield you keep the defense honest because they have to fall back in a dime instead of stacking 8 in the box and blitzing every play

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, Joe Flacco is an established pro and SB champ. I imagine at the helm of Gase's brilliant O, he will be completing passes to wide open receivers all over the field. Can't Wait!

On the flip side, if Flacco can't score in Gase's Offense, perhaps that will be the nail in Gase's coffin?

Just End The Season J E T S Jets Jets Jets 

33 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Either Flacco immediately gets hurt and we get to give Morgan career ending trauma or he pulls off the upset and destroys our draft position.

Bad feelings.

2020 is the conglomerate year of bad feelings

NFL organizationa are not transparent about injuries, it's a friggin guessing game.

How severe is this separated shoulder?  4 weeks seems to be a bare minimum recovery time.

I hope its not a case of giving him cortisone and putting him back out there.  The Jets FO are accumulating a bad reputation on how they treat shoulder injuries

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Playing injured is one small characteristic of "balls."  CuMar playing on 2 sprained ankles was toughness, one the size of a softball.

When has Darnold ever stunk in the first half and played great in the 2nd half?  Or does he just slump around waiting for the game to end...?

When has he done anything at all to lift the team on a "flat" day?  Does Darnold seem to inspire something other than the "going through the motions" look that he usually displays...?

The meaning of "balls" in this context is refusing to accept defeat.  A player who despises losing.    We have seen nothing from him to show that he hates to lose.  He may not like it, but he seems OK with it.  That in unacceptable from a QB as the team around him adopts the same attitude.

Sam needs to play better but this is all total nonsense.

52 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Arizona gave up on Josh Rosen at 22 years old and after 12 starts - was that a mistake?

Perhaps if they would have added some players like hopkins.

No other young QB has been tossed onto a team as totally talent lacking and a coach so utterly atrocious as Sam Darnold.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Either that or find the Somali Pirate or wherever he's from and let him play QB.  Does it matter at this point?

But don't waste everyone's time with Flacco.  See what the youngsters can do.

Then again Flacco will get hurt in probably under a quarter.  I guarantee you he's very upset that he has to even play a single down with this team.  Hold the clipboard, tell some jokes, cash a few mill signed off by the penny pinching Dweeb...those were his plans.  Getting maybe a life altering injury playing for a team that does not belong in professional football like the NY Jets, right before his sweet retirement with 10's of millions in the bank is not what Flacco signed up for.

The Somali dude runs a 4.2 40 and ridiculous sub 6 3 Cone...but he benched -3 reps

Robby Anderson 2.0

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No other young QB has been tossed onto a team as totally talent lacking and a coach so utterly atrocious as Sam Darnold.

Absolutely. No argument from me there. However - and I say this as someone who has watched a ton of Darnold - what exactly is he 'special' at as a QB?

• Upvote 1