Jets trying to trade Leveon Bell

Jets are trying to trade disgruntled running back Le’Veon Bell: sources

The Jets and Le’Veon Bell are headed for a divorce.

The Daily News has learned that Gang Green is trying to trade the perennial Pro Bowl running back amid this nightmarish season. Sources told the News that Gang Green is indeed shopping Bell with the hope of trading him sooner rather than later. The trade deadline is at the end of the month.

“I know he’s frustrated that we haven’t won,” Adam Gase said Monday. “It wasn’t necessarily the plan of not targeting him in the past game, it just kind of ended up being that way with how they were they were playing us. So that’s what it is, I mean, just try to find ways to move the football that’s all we’re trying to do, and it doesn’t always go exactly as planned.”

Bell took to social media to “like” tweets about his poor deployment in Gang Green’s 30-10 loss to the Cardinals on Sunday.

“I hate that’s the route that we go with all this,” Gase said. “Instead of just talking to me about it but seems the way that guys want to do it nowadays.”

Bell averaged a career-low 3.2 yards per carry after signing a four-year, $52.5 million deal last season. He has a guaranteed $8.5 million base salary for 2020.

The News reported Tuesday that Bell told friends after last season that he would likely request a trade if things continued to go south this year. He also expressed uneasiness about Gase’s weekly game plans last year without complaining.

Now, it looks like things have been pushed to the brink. The Jets tried to move Bell at last year’s trade deadline without luck after Bell was unwilling to restructure his contract (i.e. — take a paycut).

The team is now motivated to move on again.

• Upvote 1

Mark it down. 

Salary or not. SOME team wont be able to pass at the thought of Lev being the guy he used to be and risk another team swooping in. They will do mental gymnastics to explain his failure away as just "Jets suck he needs a better team" (20% partially true). 

I suspect a 4th-5th rounder from a team with multiple picks in one of those rounds. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Mark it down. 

Salary or not. SOME team wont be able to pass at the thought of Lev being the guy he used to be and risk another team swooping in. They will do mental gymnastics to explain his failure away as just "Jets suck he needs a better team" (20% partially true). 

I suspect a 4th-5th rounder from a team with multiple picks in one of those rounds. 

No way we get a 4th or 5th if a team takes on his salary. A conditional 6th or 7th at best.