Darnold Out Again (Week 6)

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Good lord. 

Y'all have done went legit insane. 

An injured QB is missing his second week, and now its "Oh my gawd, were trading Darnold, its happening !" 

There needs to be a digital form of Xanax available. 

He’s getting traded.  If not this week certainly after the season.

He will NOT be a NY Jet next year.  That’s pretty much a lock - not too much a reach to think they do it sooner than later.  

• Thumb Down 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s getting traded.  If not this week certainly after the season.

He will NOT be a NY Jet next year.  That’s pretty much a lock - not too much a reach to think they do it sooner than later.  

It is by zero means a lock. 

The only way Darnold doesnt suit up for the Jets next year is if/when we get the #1 pick AND Lawrence declares for the draft.  

That's literally the only scenario. 

But it has to happen first, so yes it's a huge reach. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I totally understand the fear that the Jets will somehow decide to keep Gase, but I think people still don't realize how bad things can get. We are only 0-5 . . . Not even halfway through this nightmare. We still have another game with Buffalo, a game in Kansas City, two games in Los Angeles, a game in Seattle, and the annual blowout loss to the Pats on national TV. That's at least 5 more blowouts that seem almost guaranteed right now. 

Good luck trying to sell anyone on bringing this coach back at 0-9, with 8 of the 9 losses coming by double digits. 

IMO, Gase's only chance at surviving this season is for Darnold to come back from injury and magically look like the QB we all hoped he would be - thereby winning more games than we all think is currently possible. I'd give that about 1% chance of happening and that's being kind. 

I could be wrong but ownership and the GM cannot be that dumb to settle for a few meaningless wins in this dreadful season, where we came out like the most unprepared,undisciplined team in the NFL. 

Sam Darnold has regressed considerably . 

I think and hope Adam Gase is a goner. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The only way Darnold doesnt suit up for the Jets next year is if/when we get the #1 pick AND Lawrence declares for the draft.  

We'll have to agree to disagree.  

JD moved on from Darnold this past off-season.  Lawrence or not, Darnold is gone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

No they’re drafting Lawrence 

They could also do both.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Jets both pickup the 5th year for Darnold AND draft a QB (be it Lawrence, Fields or whoever).  Heck, the Redskins took Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins in the same Draft.  The Jets could certainly have two 1st round QBs on the roster who are separated by 3 draft classes.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes i'm quite sure JD is holding his head up high at 0-6 with Sam Darnold as his prize possession QB. 

Give me a break. 

Behind the scenes I bet JD is saying he's not my QB. 

So I was on that 24 hour ignore plan only? Good to be back. All good bro I was just busting chops ? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is correct.  There is no way in hell the Jets are trading Darnold unless they are 100 percent certain they can draft sunshine and only sunshine.

Not sure what people are carrying on about.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

JD moved on from Darnold this past off-season.  Lawrence or not, Darnold is gone.

I'll disagree with you also.  :D 

You could certainly be right, but I don't think that decision has been completely made yet.  In fact, if Flacco continues to look subpar / average minus / mediocre in this offense it will continue to reinforce the idea that the system, coaching and offensive personnel make it extremely difficult for anybody to succeed, be it a decent experienced veteran or a younger QB you're still trying to develop.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing that he is gone, but when is another story. 

Very simply, would you sell your house without somewhere to live first? 

Almost every scenario where this has happened in the NFL, the incumbent QB is kept until the new one is drafted. 

Realistically, emotions aside, what happens if you trade your current QB too early, then win OR tie to the point that takes you out of the running for #1? 

2 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Keep him healthy to trade him...not the craziest conspiracy theory I've heard, but I'd imagine JD would wait until the draft/off-season to move him.

You never know what's going to happen in the NFL. What if the Giants also go 0-16 and get the #1 pick due to an easier SOS? You've now traded away Darnold and don't get Lawrence. It's prudent to be patient, as much as our fanbase hates having patience.

Then you take Fields or Lance. If there’s a good offer out there you take it. When Darnold returns, he could screw up our draft position. Why chance it. 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

they way darnold has been playing sitting him for a game or two isn't the worst thing for him.  he was thrown in from the start without a decent Qb to mentor him.  At least now he can see how a QB who has won something plays the game.  and flacco wasn't that bad on sunday.  all he needs is players that can catch the ball.

Yes just wonderful. Ok Sam see Flacco run for his life. See Flacco get clobbered, See Flacco lose. Ok Sam you’re ready- get in there and follow in his footsteps. 

42 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yes just wonderful. Ok Sam see Flacco run for his life. See Flacco get clobbered, See Flacco lose. Ok Sam you’re ready- get in there and follow in his footsteps. 

the thing is flacco isn't going to take a sack.  we know he's not very mobile but he still had a better game than we've seen from darnold over the past few weeks.  the only issue i see is that bell is gone just when it looked like he was starting to play pretty good.  perine doesn't pass block very well and gore can't go in for more than a couple of plays so it's going to be hard to see how they can have a run game.

4 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Keep him healthy to trade him...not the craziest conspiracy theory I've heard, but I'd imagine JD would wait until the draft/off-season to move him.

You never know what's going to happen in the NFL. What if the Giants also go 0-16 and get the #1 pick due to an easier SOS? You've now traded away Darnold and don't get Lawrence. It's prudent to be patient, as much as our fanbase hates having patience.

If Darnold isn't believed to be the guy, which he isn't, why not trade him prior to the trade deadline if the compensation is decent?  His value will only drop if they wait until the offseason. 

What pick slot they end up with will be irrelevant:  Whether Darnold is here or not, they still will need a QB.