Darnold Out Again (Week 6)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I have 500$ on miami covering a -1.5 

This is the lock of a lifetime. 

I like the bet, but I'd never call it a lock with Fits at the helm of the team you are betting on. He has not yet had his 5 interception game this season, and he was a horror show in the Fins two losses.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Darnold said last week that he was ready to play. I think someone above is correct that he’s being sat until the offense is healthy.

Which brings up the question as to whether ownership/management has assured Gase and/or Darnold that this season is a mulligan...

I think they're shopping Darnold.

Let me play this out, nobody was taking a call for Bell but they were when JD said; "hey, you interested in Sam at all? " oh and btw, we're going to release Bell if you think he's worth a 7th and want to beat the market, we're open to that as well". 

Gase has 100% be given assurance he's safe.  That part is clear as day.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Good lord. 

Y'all have done went legit insane. 

An injured QB is missing his second week, and now its "Oh my gawd, were trading Darnold, its happening !" 

There needs to be a digital form of Xanax available. 

Why is it insane?  He played the 2nd half of the game.  He said he could have played last week.  Now he's out again?  

You honestly think when JD was getting the Heisman for Bell that he wasnt floating Darnold as well?  I think he'd be insane not to.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Eh, that's easy to say now. 

Let's see where things are at 0-9, after getting embarrassed on national TV by the Pats again. 

Nothing would truly shocke me with this franchise anymore, but saying that Gase it's "clear as day" that Gase is %100 safe is just loony. That remains to be seen. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Why is it insane?  He played the 2nd half of the game.  He said he could have played last week.  Now he's out again?  

You honestly think when JD was getting the Heisman for Bell that he wasnt floating Darnold as well?  I think he'd be insane not to.

The Jets aren't trading Darnold before the end of the season. 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell Adam Gase is the HC next season. 

dont be so sure.  if they are tanking for TL, Gase, Douglas and Johnson are all in on it.  I'm sure Gase has Johnson duped into thinking he'll win the superbowl with the jets if he "just gets the qb he wants"

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, that's easy to say now. 

Let's see where things are at 0-9, after getting embarrassed on national TV by the Pats again. 

Nothing would truly shocke me with this franchise anymore, but saying that Gase it's "clear as day" that Gase is %100 safe is just loony. That remains to be seen. 

They've thrown in the towel on the season.  In the last 24 hours they released Bell and named Flacco the starter again.  lol  There are no consequences to this season and knowing that Adam Gase hired Joe Douglas and they're seemingly still on the same page, I dont know how you see it different but ok, fine, it's not 100%.  I'll give you 95%

Just now, JiF said:

They've thrown in the towel on the season.  In the last 24 hours they released Bell and named Flacco the starter again.  lol  There are no consequences to this season and knowing that Adam Gase hired Joe Douglas and they're seemingly still on the same page, I dont know how you see it different but ok, fine, it's not 100%.  I'll give you 95%

Ok, since you are so sure, I will be equally sure to bump this when Gase gets fired either at the bye week or on black Monday. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about - there's zero chance Darnold is traded before the trading deadline.  No matter what you think of Darnold, good or bad, who would trade for him now (especially coming off an injury)?  Teams trade for players in-season if they think they can step in and play and help them in their playoff run.  Even if another team loved Darnold's potential, there's no way he's getting starts on any playoff-bound team this year.

If the Jets have decided to move on (and they certainly might have), they'll trade him in the offseason, not now.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD has a little less than a month to trade him. 

Get it done JD. 

Would be the dumbest move in Jets history. You keep Sam until you know you have the #1 pick. I doubt we get it unless they sit Sam the rest of the year. If you don't have the #1 pick you continue to build around Sam. He's so young and easily has the talent to be great. 

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

dont be so sure.  if they are tanking for TL, Gase, Douglas and Johnson are all in on it.  I'm sure Gase has Johnson duped into thinking he'll win the superbowl with the jets if he "just gets the qb he wants"

I don't think they are necessarily tanking, but I would bet that JD got Johnson to buy in on a complete rebuild, and Johnson gave Gase a guarantee through 2021 since he couldn't be blamed for the results if JD was tearing the team down. It's so CJ. I dread the thought of it, but I'm resigned to the fact that Gase will be the HC next year.

And no way we're trading Darnold. We are not going to get the #1 pick, and if we trade Darnold then Morgan is our FQB...

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Would be the dumbest move in Jets history. You keep Sam until you know you have the #1 pick. I doubt we get it unless they sit Sam the rest of the year. If you don't have the #1 pick you continue to build around Sam. He's so young and easily has the talent to be great. 

Even if we get the #1 pick, you don't trade him until the draft. With our luck, they would trade Darnold and Trevor would fall down the stairs and break both legs the week before the draft.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like the bet, but I'd never call it a lock with Fits at the helm of the team you are betting on. He has not yet had his 5 interception game this season, and he was a horror show in the Fins two losses.

Nothing's a lock but this game meets the framework of that label. The jets have been BLOWN out of the water, weekly. Fitz could throw 6 INTs and the phish would still win by a field goal.

We're that bad. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Disagree if he continues playing in the downward spiral he's been he won't be worth anything by the end of the season. 

I think the NY Jets need to move on from Sam Darnold with or without the #1 pick in next years NFL Draft. 

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The odds of that happening are very good. 

I totally understand the fear that the Jets will somehow decide to keep Gase, but I think people still don't realize how bad things can get. We are only 0-5 . . . Not even halfway through this nightmare. We still have another game with Buffalo, a game in Kansas City, two games in Los Angeles, a game in Seattle, and the annual blowout loss to the Pats on national TV. That's at least 5 more blowouts that seem almost guaranteed right now. 

Good luck trying to sell anyone on bringing this coach back at 0-9, with 8 of the 9 losses coming by double digits. 

IMO, Gase's only chance at surviving this season is for Darnold to come back from injury and magically look like the QB we all hoped he would be - thereby winning more games than we all think is currently possible. I'd give that about 1% chance of happening and that's being kind. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think they're shopping Darnold.

Let me play this out, nobody was taking a call for Bell but they were when JD said; "hey, you interested in Sam at all? " oh and btw, we're going to release Bell if you think he's worth a 7th and want to beat the market, we're open to that as well". 

I think within 3 weeks you will see Morgan starting for the rest of the year. They didn’t pick this kid to be a backup. They can evaluate him for half a season, then decide if he is gonna be the guy. If this happens, Sam is gone, Gase is back, and they trade the pick for lots. 

1 hour ago, Young Jetty said:

Darnold shouldn't come back until Becton, Mims and Perriman are back.

Agreed but something tells me Perriman winds up being out the rest of the season. I think the knee swelling was not only a red flag from the start of training camp but I don’t think that issue ever left him when the season kicked off. Idk if they’re trying to save face but not coming out & announcing the true severity of his injury but something just isn’t right there & I expect him to be out much longer.

Mims is just a typical Jets 2nd round pick. Especially a 2nd round WR. Hopefully he stays healthy during practice this week and he finally gets his crack but I’m getting eerily similar Devin Smith vibes. I think Mims is supremely more gifted as a receiver, don’t get me wrong, but he’s been injured for a long time and is virtually an unknown when 6 weeks into the season we should of been just really seeing what we may have in Mims. 

• Upvote 1

It makes sense to hold Darnold out until he is 100%. This team is going nowhere fast and we are just treading water until the offseason. Darnold will be the QB of this team going forward unless we are bad enough to get the top pick and can't pass on his replacement. If he comes back and we pick up a few wins and no longer hold the top pick, then he will have shown enough to be given another year. The schedule is brutal, I honestly don't see any winnable games unless the opponent flat out implodes with turnovers or forgets to show up like the Raiders game last year.

As for trading Darnold that won't happen until Lawrence comes out and we turn in the pick--not a moment before.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Name me a time when any competitor didnt say "I'm ready to go in" but the trainers said to wait. The players ALWAYS think they they can play before the are ready. 

I dont think JD is even remotely thinking about trading Sam right now, at all. The only time to realistically trade him will be in the offseason. 

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree if he continues playing in the downward spiral he's been he won't be worth anything by the end of the season. 

I think the NY Jets need to move on from Sam Darnold with or without the #1 pick in next years NFL Draft. 

Move on to who?

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

These assholes are going to pick up his 5th year option without even knowing if he'll ever be better than Geno Smith,  aren't they?

Oy vey, Hymie....

I think they are looking to trade him now.  The more he is out there, the worse he looks.